Disney Designer Dolls

i thought the animator dolls weren't limited edition? rapunzel and pocahontas as not available online right now:confused3 darn i want a rapunzel, i will have to keep checking. last time i was at my disney store they were out of belle, ariel and rapunzel as well.....

nevermind just noticed there is an animator doll thread going :)

*sigh* These dolls seem to not be in the cards for me!

Long story short - Two nights ago I was bidding on ebay for a Rapunzel doll. I was out at the time it was ending so was watching on my cell phone. You know there is usually a blizzard of bids at the end. The doll was about $110 and then it shot up to $150 and I lost out. My max bid was $138 (free shipping). After I lost out I bid on another Rapunzel.

Anyway, at some point during the night the winning bidder "retracted" their bid, leaving me at my max of $138, which I found out yesterday morning. That is a decent price for the doll, however, it's against the rules for a retraction like that. I felt it was fishy for that person to retract and leave me the winner at my max bid and I am wondering if there was collusion of some sort. I don't want to send any money for the doll now, I'm too nervous this person is going to try to scam me. Also, since yesterday morning, they have asked me for payment at least 4 times.

I reported them to ebay. The person only had one feedback and it was over a year old. I just wasn't going to take the chance of sending that much money. I also responded to them and told them I reported them, explained that it seemed fishy and said that if it was an honest mistake they should be willing to be patient with receiving payment, since I already bid on another doll because I LOST the auction. I also gave them negative feedback, hopefully that helps someone else not also get scammed.

It was interesting talking to ebay but I don't get into that whole thing here.

Off to the drawing boards again!

*sigh* These dolls seem to not be in the cards for me!

Long story short - Two nights ago I was bidding on ebay for a Rapunzel doll. I was out at the time it was ending so was watching on my cell phone. You know there is usually a blizzard of bids at the end. The doll was about $110 and then it shot up to $150 and I lost out. My max bid was $138 (free shipping). After I lost out I bid on another Rapunzel.

Anyway, at some point during the night the winning bidder "retracted" their bid, leaving me at my max of $138, which I found out yesterday morning. That is a decent price for the doll, however, it's against the rules for a retraction like that. I felt it was fishy for that person to retract and leave me the winner at my max bid and I am wondering if there was collusion of some sort. I don't want to send any money for the doll now, I'm too nervous this person is going to try to scam me. Also, since yesterday morning, they have asked me for payment at least 4 times.

I reported them to ebay. The person only had one feedback and it was over a year old. I just wasn't going to take the chance of sending that much money. I also responded to them and told them I reported them, explained that it seemed fishy and said that if it was an honest mistake they should be willing to be patient with receiving payment, since I already bid on another doll because I LOST the auction. I also gave them negative feedback, hopefully that helps someone else not also get scammed.

It was interesting talking to ebay but I don't get into that whole thing here.

Off to the drawing boards again!

eBay does allow bid retractions (under very stringent circumstances set by eBay) and second chance offers, but this does seem a bit odd, particularly since the seller has become so pushy and they only had one feedback rating... The seller should have just relisted the item again in a new auction and certainly not harassed you. Good luck in getting your Designer Rapunzel! She is very lovely!

eBay does allow bid retractions (under very stringent circumstances set by eBay) and second chance offers, but this does seem a bit odd, particularly since the seller has become so pushy and they only had one feedback rating... The seller should have just relisted the item again in a new auction and certainly not harassed you. Good luck in getting your Designer Rapunzel! She is very lovely!

i agree...this seller should not force this item on you just because the winning bidder retracted and cancelled. seller should have offered it to you first. seller cannot force you to pay up especially without them offering the item to you first and you have not even accepted purchasing the item. good thing you reported seller, that's just bad ebay practice.

I talked previously about how shabby Disney's shipping was and how my Snow White came damaged.

Well you know how they sometimes send an email afterwards doing a survey about your Disney experience. I filled out the survey talking about my bad experience and it looks like someone actually reads them.

I got an email later and after a follow up conversation about my experience, they gave me an online gift card for $15.

So now I need to figure out what I should use it on. I already ordered the Mulan animator doll I wanted using the 25% they gave. I also have the mystery code I haven't used. Wonder if I should get the ornament set, but it's so expensive and some of the princess' look odd.

i agree...this seller should not force this item on you just because the winning bidder retracted and cancelled. seller should have offered it to you first. seller cannot force you to pay up especially without them offering the item to you first and you have not even accepted purchasing the item. good thing you reported seller, that's just bad ebay practice.

Thanks Gals. The whole thing just seemed odd. If that person hadn't bid at the last minute the $150 (the bit that was retracted) I would have gotten her for about $120 but because of that it set to my max. And they do have an official term for that "Invalid Bid Retraction" which is people using friends or family to falsely raise bid prices. How do you accidentally bid $150 on something you never wanted in the first place? Anyway, Ebay said I don't have to pay and really I'm just worried that if I send my money to them I won't get anything in return and it'll be a huge PITA to get it back.

I've probably bid on 8-10 dolls yesterday and today and just can't catch a break. I may have to take a chance and wait a bit and hope there are some left down the road.

Queenie,

ARghhhhh,, I feel your pain. I have also had a bad experience bidding on these dolls on ebay. I am very careful reading the postage amount for international as I live in Australia. I found a Jasmine I wanted which clearly stated international shipping as $40. I bid, won her and paid immediately with Paypal. Then a few hours later I get an email saying my paypal payment has been refunded. The buyer then sent a nasty email saying that I have to pay another $30 for post as I live overseas. He states that the amount he listed was for his state only. Does it really cost $40 to send a doll from California to California? I wrote back that I will not pay more as he clearly stated how much it was for overseas. I am still awaiting an answer. I bet he is going to give me a negative. :mad:

Queenie,

ARghhhhh,, I feel your pain. I have also had a bad experience bidding on these dolls on ebay. I am very careful reading the postage amount for international as I live in Australia. I found a Jasmine I wanted which clearly stated international shipping as $40. I bid, won her and paid immediately with Paypal. Then a few hours later I get an email saying my paypal payment has been refunded. The buyer then sent a nasty email saying that I have to pay another $30 for post as I live overseas. He states that the amount he listed was for his state only. Does it really cost $40 to send a doll from California to California? I wrote back that I will not pay more as he clearly stated how much it was for overseas. I am still awaiting an answer. I bet he is going to give me a negative. :mad:

Ugh, that stinks!! When I was talking to ebay, she mentioned something about sellers not being able to give negative feedback, even if they mark positive and then say negative things in the feedback. If this seller does that (and totally obviously unprofessional) I would contact ebay and explain the situation. Hopefully they will be understanding and take care of it! I definitely feel your frustration.

FWIW,

I am just as worried about selling on ebay. I purchased a doll for a friend who couldn't get online at noon when they went on sale and bought two extra.

What if someone gets the doll and says it was damaged in shipping or the box was empty?

FWIW,

I am just as worried about selling on ebay. I purchased a doll for a friend who couldn't get online at noon when they went on sale and bought two extra.

What if someone gets the doll and says it was damaged in shipping or the box was empty?

that's why you ship insured, insurance is for the protection of the seller

Queenie,

Thanks for that. Hopefully he doesnt do it. I emailed him to put in a cancelled transaction request which he did,, but made a song and dance in the reason as that I couldnt understand postage amounts etc being out of country. Why do people list an amount for overseas customers then change it? Get it right the first time I say and this wouldnt happen.

Floridafam,

If the postage stamp/mark has been calculated to an amount that coincides with the weight of the package then they wouldnt be able to say it was empty - if that makes any sense! An empty box would cost less to post than a full one. To be sure post insured.

Well, I have finally done it! It's OVER! I have gotten my last Disney Designer Doll. " My collection is complete!" :woohoo:
Looking back at it all, it was interesting, frustrating, heart stopping, joyful and a good time here at the boards! I got 3 online, 2 in stores and 5 on Ebay. Never paid over $200 for a doll (high- $185, low- $135) and luckily had no problems with the sellers (in fact, I got 2 from the same seller because he sent out the 1st doll so fast). All 10 dolls are on display in my front room and they look beautiful! A little sadness that it is over but a big sigh that I came through it with not a lot of problems, a few stories to tell and signing up on this board to communicate with others that felt the same way! :cloud9:

Queenie,

That's the thing, some Ebays are charging higher "shipping costs" as a way to get around Ebay fees and make more money. Since the doll was actually bought by someone overseas whoops, there goes the added profit. It's all a game.

I bought 6 of the 10 dolls on Ebay. Never paid more than $15 - $20 for shipping. But that was because it was expedited shipping w/ insurance.

Good luck getting the ones you want, hope you have better experiences going forward.

I have a rapunzel and Jasmine. I am willing to trade for, ariel,pocohaunts,tiana,or aurora. San Diego area

thanks
Pebbles

I know that the gril I bought my Mulan from on ebay charged me atleast double what the actual shipping cost was. I checked with Canada Post and the shipping would have been about $15 not $30+

I have an autistic daughter who is obsessed with Disney Princesses. I am trying to collect a set of the DDD's for her. My wife and I both went to get her the Rapunzel not realizing the other had done it and we ended up with 2! We don't need 2, but I don't know whether it is better to try to trade one with someone for one of the ones we're still trying to get or to sell it. We're not money hungry people doing it purely to cash in, we just want a full set for our daughter. What would you do?

I have an autistic daughter who is obsessed with Disney Princesses. I am trying to collect a set of the DDD's for her. My wife and I both went to get her the Rapunzel not realizing the other had done it and we ended up with 2! We don't need 2, but I don't know whether it is better to try to trade one with someone for one of the ones we're still trying to get or to sell it. We're not money hungry people doing it purely to cash in, we just want a full set for our daughter. What would you do?

If possible, a local trade would probably be easier for you, just in terms of not dealing with shipping or potential other fees (either for a sale or for a trade), plus you would be able to make sure that the trade is legit by viewing the merchandise before sealing the deal. Some suggestions to set up a local trade could be through facebook or through something like craigslist. Good luck with your quest! :)

So, after the marathon doll fiasco, in which I didn't get one doll and my fiance didn't get one, got one, then didn't actually get one, I filled out a Disney customer satisfaction survey - of course it wasn't peaches.

They sent me an email today with a phone number and they want me to call them! Anyone else get an email with a phone number?

So, after the marathon doll fiasco, in which I didn't get one doll and my fiance didn't get one, got one, then didn't actually get one, I filled out a Disney customer satisfaction survey - of course it wasn't peaches.

They sent me an email today with a phone number and they want me to call them! Anyone else get an email with a phone number?

I did for my survey about my Damaged Snow White Doll. I emailed them instead, they say in the email to phone or email them. After two emails they sent me a $15 gift card and apologized about my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter