disney cruise

martinrmn

DIS Veteran
Next year we are thinking of I Drive for a week, cruise for 4 nights then back to I Drive. Has anyone else done something like this and, if so how was it? Is the Disney cruise as good as people say?:confused3

we did a 3 night cruise last year, we'd never cruised at all before, to be honest, we're not at all interested in a non disney cruise.
it was more than we expected, we loved it, so much so we're going back this year!

I would say 2 weeks is not long enough to fit in a cruise unless you have done all the parks and looking for something different.
Last Easter we did 8 nights in a condo, 4 night cruise then 2 nights in a hotel. No problem at all, worked well but done the parks for years.
For us we love the Disney cruises more than the parks. We also enjoy RCCL, nowhere near same entertainment as DCL but when we are there 25 nights its great to relax 4 nights on a ship getting looked after.

If you haven't seen them 2 recent reviews and pics. Mine on the 7 night Western Magic http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249674&page=19 and Mandy's on 4 night Wonder. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2271039

Now done 2 x 4 nights on Wonder and 3 x 7 nights on Magic, would go on either again but cost is getting a major factor for me. Just paid $3,000 for 7 nights this August, next August 4 night I would do is the same price $3,011.76, not paying that for a 4 night cruise, similar dates with RCCL $1,100

Yes, definitely!! I would do the cruise for sure! Since you're already 'there'..

The Disney cruise is as awesome as they say and whether you go for 3 or 4 days cruise, the experience on the ship, the food, the characters and the pools and entertainment makes it all worthwhile!

I say do it!

We cruised for the first time last year and ended up doing 2 cruises. We did a 5 night cruise on the Magic followed by a 4 night cruise on the Wonder followed by 8 nights at WDW. We had the best time ever.

This time round we will spend 3 nights at a hotel near the airport. While we are there, we are planning to have a day at the Florida Mall and a day at Seaworld. Then it is off on a 7 night cruise on the Magic followed by 9 nights at WDW. I can't wait.

Corinna

We did a 3 night in 2004 as part of a 3 week holiday and then this year we did 5 nights at OKW, then a 7 night cruise, then 5 nights in a villa - we LOVE the cruise it is so nice having everything you need for food, entertainment etc... all on the ship. One of the great things about a Disney Cruise is it caters well for everyone. You would expect great kids facilities of course but there are also lovely adult only areas to keep the grown ups happy. We have a young family (girls are 4 and 19 months) and although we definitely LOVE Florida and the parks our plans for the next few years involve Disney Cruise Line much more than WDW.

Mel
x

what everyone else said...

our first disney cruise was the 3 night...
we loved it so much, we went on the 4 night the following year (didn't do the 7 night only because DH can't be out of contact for that long)..

we combined both cruises with days in the parks before and after...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter