Disney Cruise Wedding Questions

adellaguardia

Earning My Ears
I've been going back and forth between having the cruise wedding and not. I have some questions and I hope you can help.
I have most of the details for a Disney Cruise wedding, but:
  • Can you walk me through a typical wedding on the ship/Castaway Cay
  • How long is the champagne and Cake party?
  • How does dancing and toasts work?
  • Can we go to an onboard club to dance after the ceremony?
  • Can we do a garter/bouquet toss?

I've been going back and forth between having the cruise wedding and not. I have some questions and I hope you can help.
I have most of the details for a Disney Cruise wedding, but:
  • Can you walk me through a typical wedding on the ship/Castaway Cay
  • How long is the champagne and Cake party?
  • How does dancing and toasts work?
  • Can we go to an onboard club to dance after the ceremony?
  • Can we do a garter/bouquet toss?

Have you contacted Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons Department your best option would be to use the form to send them your questions.

Another option would be to contact Dreams Unlimited Travel get a quote for the cruise and ask your agent these questions

I have emailed the original planner I was speaking with a couple months ago, as well as DCL on Facebook and emailed their general mailbox, but haven't received a response yet. I'm not sure if they are available on Fridays and weekends or not. I'm sure I'm just being impatient, but I wanted to get an idea of what others have experienced.

My DW and I got married in January or 2020 on the Disney magic out of Miami. We got married in Castaway. For one if you do choose to do a cruise wedding you won’t regret it! To answer your other questions- when you board your ship you will meet with your onboard wedding coordinator to finalize the details you’ve chosen and discuss if you want to get dressed in your room or the spa, then you’ll go about your normal cruise and the day of the wedding you’ll get dressed in the place you chose and get makeup/hair done if that’s what you chose and they will drive you on a golf cart over to castaway cay. The ceremony will happen then if you chose to have a photographer you will go do your photos with the photographer. If not you’ll go straight back to the ship for the champagne and cake ceremony which I believe was 1-2 hours, but I’m sure if you have a large group it can be longer. You’ll have your first dance and other songs play at the champagne toast and you get to choose the songs for it. Everyone that wants to make a toast may do so, and afterward the ship crew will wrap up your cake cutlery for you to take home! You can choose to do the bouquet toss, just let your coordinator know and as far as going to an adult club after it would probably cost extra and it’s not something my family did, but Disney is pretty accommodating!

My DW and I got married in January or 2020 on the Disney magic out of Miami. We got married in Castaway. For one if you do choose to do a cruise wedding you won’t regret it! To answer your other questions- when you board your ship you will meet with your onboard wedding coordinator to finalize the details you’ve chosen and discuss if you want to get dressed in your room or the spa, then you’ll go about your normal cruise and the day of the wedding you’ll get dressed in the place you chose and get makeup/hair done if that’s what you chose and they will drive you on a golf cart over to castaway cay. The ceremony will happen then if you chose to have a photographer you will go do your photos with the photographer. If not you’ll go straight back to the ship for the champagne and cake ceremony which I believe was 1-2 hours, but I’m sure if you have a large group it can be longer. You’ll have your first dance and other songs play at the champagne toast and you get to choose the songs for it. Everyone that wants to make a toast may do so, and afterward the ship crew will wrap up your cake cutlery for you to take home! You can choose to do the bouquet toss, just let your coordinator know and as far as going to an adult club after it would probably cost extra and it’s not something my family did, but Disney is pretty accommodating!
Thank you!

Thank you!

Go over to the wedding and honeymoon board, there will be some more information over there from recent brides.
Also, a Dis member, @lurkyloo has an e-book and a podcast with past Disney Cruise brides and how their days went, We did a small 25th anniversary vow renewal 9 years ago on The Magic, we kept it very simple just 8 of us with our kids and grandkids.
It was very nice, but like I say simple.
I believe there are more options now.
Some brides have even gotten married in the atrium.

Congratulations and good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter