• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Cruise Line to eliminate Palo High Tea

Looking forward to our first Palo Tea next month.

Glad we'll be able to try it before it disappears.

Wonder what will disappear next?

According to another thread, the character breakfast has disappeared on the Fantasy!

The Platinum cruisers on the MV were called for reservations due to the large number of them on the MV. Palo reservations were sold out soon after the 120 day window opened. Since there was the usual 50% held back, DCL decided to contact those plats who didn't have one to cover their benefit meal there. Messages were left to contact DCL regarding a reservation within 24 hours or their name would be crossed off the list and DCL would move onto the next name on the waitlist without their Palo reservation. It is my understanding that many plats were not able to get Palo reservations on the Dream's MV and DCL ended up issuing an OBC to their staterooms to compensate for that.

High tea is very nice, but brunch is the best... So if they are doing to make more room for brunch, then I am all for it! I'd DCL really wanted to, they could do a scaled own version of high tea in one of he adult only areas or the cafe or something like that.

I'm on the Wonder right now and will be having high tea on Saturday! I'll be sure to ask if this news is indeed true!

Disappointing. Oldest dd will be 18 when we cruise in December and this was something she was really looking forward to. Oh well. She'll be happy with brunch.

I wanted to try it on our Fantasy Cruise.

I did see on another board where there is also talk of a champagne lunch at Remy.

Oh drat! I was looking forward to this when our October cruise sailed around. I guess I will just have to settle for brunch which will do just fine for me. Just think of all the desserts! :rolleyes1

We're preparing to sail our 9th Disney cruise in July. We've had Palo brunch and dinner every cruise since our 2nd. Never have done the high tea. Not that we haven't WANTED to, it's just that we're too full by the time we're booked for tea. (Didn't take chances away from anyone. Two different cruises we booked and canceled (early.) I decided after the second time we canceled not to book it again. I'm sure we'll regret not doing it, but maybe one day they'll bring it back? (Like they did the character breakfast on the Magic.)

I received a notice that brunch hours are being extended at Palo to help accomodate more guests so Palo High Tea will no longer be offered.;)

$15 surcharge for the tea was ridiculous. I also thought $10 was ridiculous.

As to DCL calling Platinum guests about Palo dinner--there are people who don't realize that they are eligible for a comped Palo dinner at that level. DCL does call them in advance if they haven't scheduled, both to fill the dinner and to avoid someone being angry later that they didn't get what they were "entitled" to,
I am platinum and I do not have a dinner scheduled in Palo (my wife and I believe it or not are not fans of the dinner) and no one from DCL has called to advise me about dinner. Our next cruise is in two weeks for 15 nights.

I received a notice that brunch hours are being extended at Palo to help accomodate more guests so Palo High Tea will no longer be offered.;)

Finally, someone else who interpreted the news the way I did! :thumbsup2 I didn't see the news about taking away the High Tea to be a negative thing, because it means that more people will be able to attend the more popular brunch instead! :banana:

Wow... see, we are leaving for the fantasy next week, and getting high tea has been impossible. :( It's been completely booked solid online the entire time. (as opposed to Palo brunch, which I did manage to score)
@_@;;

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter