Disney Cruise Line to eliminate Palo High Tea

Wow. I was kind of hoping to try it on my cruise in October. We were going to have a Ladies only outing.

Well, I'm glad I have it booked for one last time then. However, we've really been thinking that it isn't worth the increased cost compared to the cost for what you get at dinner or brunch ($15 for tea = tea and sweets with a few finger sandwiches, $20 at brunch or dinner = a great meal). Also, we've seen the tea price increase from $5 to $10 to $15. Yeah....we enjoy it, but won't really be sad to see it go.

As to DCL calling Platinum guests about Palo dinner--there are people who don't realize that they are eligible for a comped Palo dinner at that level. DCL does call them in advance if they haven't scheduled, both to fill the dinner and to avoid someone being angry later that they didn't get what they were "entitled" to,

I have had afternoon tea on other cruise lines, at no additional charge. I'll have tea at the Grand Floridian next week for not much more than what DCL charged! I will look forward to enjoying Palo dinner and maybe brunch on the Fantasy in December, and my heart won't be broken that I never got to experience their overpriced tea!

Thanks. How come you never notice your mistake until after you post it.

Thanks. How come you never notice your mistake until after you post it.

I can't tell you how many times I've proofread my e-mails, only to LATER realiize I made a glaring typo in the subject line!

Glad I have this booked for our upcoming Fantasy Cruise. I actually enjoyed Tea much more than brunch. Will be sad to see it go!

If this is true (after all I don't see an official announcement) then I am doubly glad that my friend and I have it booked for our Fantasy cruise at the end of the month. I've never gone yet so don't know if I'll think it's great or not.

Now, I DO know I LOVE brunch. Brunch is definitely my favorite of brunch or dinner.

Oh no, where am I going to get my supply of scones??? Luckily I have one booked for our upcoming Hawaii cruise. But at the price, it really was bordering on not worth it.

Wow, chocolate ( late night ) buffet gone, now high tea?
Too bad...just don't mess with our brunch!!!

Looking forward to our first Palo Tea next month.

Glad we'll be able to try it before it disappears.

Wonder what will disappear next?

If this is true (after all I don't see an official announcement) then I am doubly glad that my friend and I have it booked for our Fantasy cruise at the end of the month. I've never gone yet so don't know if I'll think it's great or not.

Now, I DO know I LOVE brunch. Brunch is definitely my favorite of brunch or dinner.

It's true that it's hard to determine where the info is coming from, but I'm inclined to believe it might be true just because of some of the other changes they've been making lately.

I love the brunch, too. Do you think if they get rid of the tea we could get the stollen bread back as a consolation?

Wow, chocolate ( late night ) buffet gone, now high tea?
Too bad...just don't mess with our brunch!!!

The "late" night dessert buffet is gone? Sine when???

I was so looking forward to this on my June cruise!

Regarding tea, if they extend brunch settings to say 1:30 or 2 pm, I think it is a great idea. But I will feel disappointed that I never partook.

The "late" night dessert buffet is gone? Sine when???

I was so looking forward to this on my June cruise!

Regarding tea, if they extend brunch settings to say 1:30 or 2 pm, I think it is a great idea. But I will feel disappointed that I never partook.

We cruised on the Magic last month and it was gone.
A Diser reported it being gone a few weeks before we left, so late February.

We're cruiseing on the Magic on an 8 day out of NYC in June & I booked it when my window opened last month..never tried it&looking forward to it. We also snagged a Palo brunch:banana: and Iam a lowly Silver:laughing: the brunch looks sold out now. I guess the tea is just not as popular, but Iam happy to have a chance to try it before it's gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter