• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise cocktails , what’s your favorite ?

Guess I need a few more $$$ on my GC for the trip in May. Do they tell you what's in them? I'm allergic to citrus (oranges, limes, etc.). Maybe that's why I never ventured to the DOTD.
I'm civil engineer.
Yes, they will tell you if you ask. Not all of them are citrus. DH is a 3D structural designer and my DD is 15 and wants to become a civil engineer!

Yes, they will tell you if you ask. Not all of them are citrus. DH is a 3D structural designer and my DD is 15 and wants to become a civil engineer!

3D structural design....BIM ? AutoCADD/AutoDESK? Good for her. It's a great occupation. I'm heavy civil (interchanges and airports).

Captain's MaiTai for sure. There is a lot of variation depending what bartender is making them, the more dark rum on top the better! The ones we got in Fathoms this week on the Magic were VERY boozy! Yum!

We are considering our first cruise instead of usual trip to WDW and considering a few of the "hidden charges" and alcohol is definitely one of them for us...we dont drink a ton, but when we do, they are usually specialty type drinks or things like Long Island/Beaches...my question is, what are typical prices for these types of drinks on the ship? Normal Disney (resort/theme park) prices? More or less?

And that Tropical Depression sounds a lot better than this Winter Depression that we are currently living through!

In my experience, the drink prices on DCL are similar to what you'd pay at WDW, or less if you stick to specials like the drink of the day. As noted, the drink of the day is around $6. Other drinks can run anywhere from around $7 up to $12. My experience at WDW is drinks run around $9 to $13.

I didn't have a drink over 7 bucks our last cruise (except for wine in Palo, but that's a different story altogether). I too always try the DOTD first, and then switch it up if I don't care for it. To get a captain and coke is $7, Captains MaiTai was $6.75, most DOTD around $6. Its pretty reasonable and they are pretty strong drinks.

I did a mixology class and the bartender had us make something he called Cadillac 53. It was half Midori half coconut rum with a splash of pineapple juice and a “filthy” cherry. Yum!!!

I didn't have a drink over 7 bucks our last cruise (except for wine in Palo, but that's a different story altogether). I too always try the DOTD first, and then switch it up if I don't care for it. To get a captain and coke is $7, Captains MaiTai was $6.75, most DOTD around $6. Its pretty reasonable and they are pretty strong drinks.
We find the drink pricing to be very reasonable as well. Some of the "fancier" drinks at the Skyline were a bit more, but overall, we were pleased and surprised by the lower price point of the drinks. Definitely more affordable than Disney World or Universal (!!)

Can't wait to be having a few favs and maybe trying some new options from this thread in just 29 days!!:cheer2:

I love Moet Ice, so good!!!
Last cruise I got one on deck before sail away and it came with a souvenir champagne glass.
One month more and I can have another...........:love:
What is this Moet Ice of which you speak??

We are considering our first cruise instead of usual trip to WDW and considering a few of the "hidden charges" and alcohol is definitely one of them for us...we dont drink a ton, but when we do, they are usually specialty type drinks or things like Long Island/Beaches...my question is, what are typical prices for these types of drinks on the ship? Normal Disney (resort/theme park) prices? More or less?

We are WDW local, and the drinks on DCL tend to be less than WDW. Specialty drinks will still cost you, but beer is a dollar or 2 lower depending on which one you drink, and mixed drinks I think the same thing. DH was drinking bourbon last trip and was definitely paying less for top shelf. Mixed specialty cocktails at Skyline were 10-12 dollars while at Disney they would start at 14 and go up from there.

I really like the Mind the Gap that is on the menu in The Tube on the Fantasy. I don't think I've ever asked for one elsewhere, but I'm sure they could make it if you told them the ingredients: whiskey, Drambuie, and Coke.
The Elderbubble is really good too.

All the DotD are good, sometimes the pool decks will have 2 for 1 specials in the afternoons.

Love to sample the DotD, they’ve all been so tasty.
Two of my favorite specialty drinks are the Pomegranate Martini and the Creme Brûlée Martini - just not in the same day! :scared:

Yes, you can get any of the drinks on the ship or the island as the bartenders are the same. They also rotate bars on the ship so most of them know all the drinks.

Unless you're collecting plastic DCL hurricane glasses, you can also order your drink of the day from the bars, have a less watered down from ice melting drink and possibly a stronger drink, especially if you tip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter