• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

If its even possible, I'm just as excited as you are. I'm mostly a lurker but I've followed along with all your trip reports! How wonderful you are following your dreams. I hope the DCP is everything you've been dreaming about all these years. Please know all the hours you've devoted to writing about your trips have brought pleasure to many! Best of luck to you. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

I am a big fan of mother/daughter trips, and we have had several. Only with us, it's now mother/daughter/grandaughters. We have written quite a few trips reports, as well. :)

I will be in WDW in March. Let me know where you are working, and I will try to come by for a DIS hello. Or you can find a group of us (possibly in Epcot) on March 23rd. Do you know Brookelizabeth here on DIS, or wigdoutdismom? They will be there then. Brook became a Disney travel agent a while back, so she doesn't have time to DIS much any more, but she is still around for meets and on FB. We can touch base closer to March.

A friend who we have known since she was about 6-7 years old just finished a CP this month. She worked arcades at CBR, Art of Animation, and Pop. She met so many new friends and had a blast. She was not Disney savvy when she went down there. It really opened her eyes to how big and diverse WDW was. She didn't know about all the resorts and activities outside the parks, so she asked what she should do and see. She had a great time, and I know you will, as well. Have fun making the magic!

I have read Brookeelizabeth's trip reports before! I loved her Disneyland one! :goodvibes I hope you guys have a great trip!
I'm glad that your friend had a good experience too! That's awesome! I bet it was fun working at those resorts!

I love reading your trip reports, I am heading to the world at the end of this month, For my first mom and daughter trip with my mom who is celebrating her 70 th birthday. who know maybe you'll be at the resort we are staying at... Well no matter, I wish you a wonderful adventure and lots of excitment along the way. Congrat's again.

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! Where are you guys staying?

Joining in! :) Good luck with the move and getting settled in Florida! I know you are going to love it! You're right about the never wanting to leave part. My sister seemed ready to come home last time (she did the Fall program first and was there for the craziness of the holiday season) but once she got home she couldn't wait to go back. I know you haven't even started yet, but have you thought about extending?

Ahh Jen, I am right there with you! Especially knowing how much Emma loved it now I really regret not doing it. We should both go back to college and do it together. ;)

The only reason I will extend is if I get hired as a character performer. If not, I am going to go back to school and finish up college. I'm going to keep auditioning for character performer, too, and if I ever get it, I'm going back to Disney. If I don't get it, then the semester after I graduate, I am moving right back to Florida and either doing a second CP or a professional internship! :)

And haha you guys could totally do it! My friend Mark started talking to this woman from the facebook page and she's doing her CP at the age of 58! Better late than never, right!? :)

Hi

I can't wait to know where you are a concierge ! Is it possible to the Yacht Club ?

So excited !

Unfortunately it is not the YaCHt Club :( But I hope to pick up shifts there!!

Hi there! I am just beginning to research the DCP for my niece who is a college sophomore. We are both wondering if you can earn college credits by taking classes while participating in the DCP and if so would know which university is used? Also how does the housing work? Thanks for all of your help!! By the way, she and i have been reading your trip reports since last night and are thoroghly enjoying them! We share your love of Disney and just adore your enthusiam!!! ;)

Yes you can earn college credits! It depends on the school - just talk to your advisors and see how your particular school handles the situation.

I am getting a Theatre Co-Op as well as some elective credits for my program.

Also, hospitality majors oftentimes can get internship credit for the CP! It really just depends on the school.

Another option is that you can take online classes through your school while you are at Disney. You are not obligated to take Disney classes. Disney allows you to block out time for your online classes so you have time to work on them, too!

I hope that helps! And thank you so much! I'm glad you're here!

I'm in! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!!! So...does the DCP cost money? Do you take classes when there...or just add on another semester to college?

The DCP costs $300 for a down payment, but that basically covers your first couple weeks of rent.

It is a paid internship so you are making money the whole time. Not a whole lot, but enough to get by! If you choose to live in Disney housing, they take your money right out of your paycheck for your apartment, so you never have to worry about paying rent!

It depends on the school situation as far as classes go. I am taking two Disney classes in the spring and one in the summer. I am getting a theatre co-op credit and some elective credits. It is going to set me behind a little bit, but taking classes over the summer will help me get back on track! You just have to plan it out and you can avoid getting behind.

wooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best comment. :rotfl2:

This is so exciting!! We will be at WL in 60 days...maybe that will be your resort!! :thumbsup2

Enjoy every minute! Can't wait to read about your adventures!!

Unfortunately it is not :( I would have loved to work there!! Enjoy your stay though! Thank you!

I am so excited for you to start your DCP! I have been keeping up with you on twitter and on here and can't wait to hear all about it! I am totally regretting not doing the DCP when I had the chance :( Good luck to you!!! I know you will do great!!! :)

SO unbelievably excited for you!! :cheer2:::cool1::cool1: I can't wait to read your adventures on here, as well as twitter/instagram! Concierge is definitely my dream DCP role!

Can't wait to meet you when we're down there in July! :)

I've lurked on your trip reports for the past few months with just a couple of comments here or there. I'm really excited to read about your experience with the DCP! It's something I always wanted to do but unfortunately I was unable to make it work. I hope you have a magical time!!!

This is great! I love it when people turn their dreams into reality, especially when it involves education!! I am a teacher so I would advocate the college program to many of my high school students who will be college students one day! Nothing prepares you for the real world like...well...the REAL WORLD. Good for you!

I also sell Disney Travel, so, like you, am able to do a DREAM job that keeps me thinking DISNEY all year!

I can't wait to hear about your CL assignment!! I have stayed in a few, Sugarloaf being one, and have a trip planned in September for...get ready....

THE YACHT CLUB CONCIERGE.

One of the CL CM's at GF (good grief!! say that 10 times!!) says that, honestly, as far as CL goes, it's the GF and the YC all the way so we are booking on his advice to compare the two!!

There is NOTHING like CL.

I had a friend staying CL in a separate room. She was running a race and wanted a Minnie themed costume. She had white running shoes. She asked the concierge CM where she might be able to go off property to buy some yellow duct tape to "make" Minnie themed shoes...(this was in Sugarloaf)

low and behold....

some time later, an ENGINEER knocked on her door with YELLOW DUCT TAPE and MADE her Minnie shoes FOR HER!!!!! (From her white ones, of course!)

The engineer said it was actually one of her more interesting challenges!!! :rotfl2:

MAGIC.
MAGIC.
MAGIC.

subbing!:goodvibes been a long time follower of ur reports and ur twitter :thumbsup2 Hope you have an amazing adventure and looking forward to reading :)

I'm so excited for you Jess! I can't wait to follow your adventures here and on Twitter (I'm MrsY21). You are living my dream!

I can't wait to read along and hear about this awesome journey you are about to embark.
I'm so excited for you Jess! I know you are gonna be a fabulous cast member. You are meant to do this & I hope all you hope for comes true in the coming months!
I'll admit I teared up reading your posts today!
I've been telling my 15 year old son about DCP and I think it's becoming a possibility in his mind for later. *fingers crossed*
Good Luck!:thumbsup2

SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU RIGHT NOW, JESS!!!!!

I am very excited to follow along because I am DYING to do the DCP when I’m in college. so reading about your experiences is going to be great!

Good luck with everything Jess, and I can’t wait for more! :goodvibes

Coming out of hiding to say how excited I am for you! I haven't been able to comment on your recent reports as much as I'd like but I have read and followed along with every one! You are absolutely the most perfect person to be a cast member. WDW is going to be forever changed for you and they are lucky to have you. :)

Have an amazing time! :goodvibes

I am so excited for you! I cant wait to hear where you will be working. I have a trip planned for Feb 24- Mar 5 so it would be great to stop by and say hi! BTW- where do you get all your Disney music??

your life is so exciting. and wow you were so super busy leading up to this moment.
i love you cat!! she just looks very sweet.
and your mom looks so extremely proud in the pic of you two at the airport. that is just fabulous.
Prestons plushie puppy is adorable! he will add some cozy sweetness to your room at DCP.
i bet your mom (and your whole family) absolutely love these trip reports. Does your mom read them without commenting or does she comment and i just don't know what name she uses on DIS? If she likes staying annonymous, i understand.

Im happy that Mark is a character! Im excited to hear about what that is like too. Concierge and Character are some amazing jobs.

Be happy and have tons of fun.

I am so so so so excited for you Jess!! It is going to be so much fun for all of us with "regular" "boring" jobs to follow along on your adventure! :cool1: I really enjoyed your introductory posts. I was actually glad to read that you won't be responding to everyone's individual posts so you can spend more time on updates - Great plan! :goodvibes I will be following your posts on twitter for sure. Best wishes & have an amazing time. I can't wait for more.

Yay!!! Such an exciting day!! You are going to have such a wonderful time in Disney! I was at a party today and spent the whole time chatting with a girl who had just finished her DCP in August and she said it was amazing and can't wait to get back!! I'm excited to follow along with your experience and live vicariously thru you :cool1: Maybe we will see you in May!! :goodvibes

OMg Congrats Girl!!!,you'll have to say what building you get My friend Courtney is there doing her DCP right now too and shes at Chatham.I'm going down in May to see her and some of my other disney friends.If i know where u are by then I'll come say hi too :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter