• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Club membership--is it worth it for me?

peppersugar

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide if I should join Disney CLub--would probabaly only use it for upcoming vacation in June "regular" season--trying to find out what, if any, savings it will give me for the Disney resorts and passes (Resort Magic). Need to decide ASAP so I can join then get my reservations. Any help would be appreciated.

I would definitely look into a DC membership. We were able to get one for $10 off through our Credit union. Many companies are also partners so your membership would be less. Even if you ended up paying full price (39.99) the savings are wonderful. We were about to book our trip when a DC membership was suggested to us. The discount we recieved at the Wilderness Lodge for DC memebers only, more then paid for the price of the memebership ($190 a night including tax). Also we got a discount on the hopper pass. I believe it was 10%.

Suggestion: Look really closely at the "packages". Are you really going to use everything that they include? We decided not to go with a package because it was about $500 cheaper to buy it seperately. We won't have access to the water parks, but since the hotels have pools, it is all we really needed. if we do decide to go to the water parks it was still cheaper for us to purchase the admission seperaely then to buy a package.

Also something I don't think they make very clear unless you ask specifically!!...the passes you get with "Resort magic, etc" EXPIRE! They are only good through your stay, thye are not like the other passes they sell. These are sometimes called the Ultimate passes.

Also ask ask ask...when calling Disney. Be flixible with dates, ask if they have any other deals, ask if that is the best price. They will not always volunteer this information. It may take a few long distance calls, but it is worht it. When ever we have a thought or question we right it down and then call at the end of the week. It has teken us three or four calls each time (3) we have gone, to get the best place and the best deal.

Hope some of this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter