Disney Chase Visa Discount

ShayBells

Let's get dangerous.
I know you have to have the card to get the discount when in the park stores, but does anyone know if showing the card on your apple pay (from your phone) would be good enough proof and also do they accept apple pay to use the card? Or do you just need proof you have it for the discount then you can charge back to the room?

(Same with the character location? Is showing on my phone good enough?)

Thank you!

We physically had to use the card to get the merchandise discount.

Yeah I can use the card through apple pay and it shows you the physical card on the phone. I am wondering if I show that than use apple pay (if they accept apple pay) I am still using the card .. just virtually instead of physically.

Anyone try it this way?

What about if your Disney visa is linked to your MB account? Can you still get the discount?

Even if someone here was able to do this with just the app I would not trust that all CM are aware. Use your applepay and make sure they see it but have the physical somewhere incase.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I will have to try to remember to carry the card with me.

I just got a Disney Visa and added to my apple pay. I will attempt to get the discount with the digital card next week and let you know!
Thanks so much! It would be great to get confirmation from someone who has tried it.

I have been using my Disney Visa card for discounts in park stores for years and each and every time they have asked to see the card itself, taking and running that through the register physically.

I know you have to have the card to get the discount when in the park stores, but does anyone know if showing the card on your apple pay (from your phone) would be good enough proof and also do they accept apple pay to use the card? Or do you just need proof you have it for the discount then you can charge back to the room?

(Same with the character location? Is showing on my phone good enough?)

Thank you!
I tried to do this and I could not get the discount. You have to show the actual card and use it for the purchase. They would not accept it from my Apple Pay.

I tried to do this and I could not get the discount. You have to show the actual card and use it for the purchase. They would not accept it from my Apple Pay.
Thank you. This confirms it for me. I’ll have to make sure to remember my card.

So I worked in Retail Fuels for quite a while and have a little understanding of CC use. Here is sorta how it works, you sell something and want to let people use Credit Cards. You cut a deal with Visa, Master Card, etc. They will in turn charge you for people to use it. Typically this comes in the form of a swipe fee (can range from 15 to 28 cents) for every use, and a percentage charge (runs from 2 to 3 percent) In other words Banks and Financial Institutes make pretty darn good money for processing credit card transactions. Now in the new world there are a lot more ways to pay, Pay Pal, Apple Pay, Debit Cards etc. So more and more companies are trying to get a piece of the action. Think about it, in my world of Retail Fueling if we process all the CC transactions for all of 10,000 stations and they average 100K gallons a month at say $3 a gallon. Daily average sales of 3,333 gallons per station. That is about $100 million a day. Not to mention all the Ho Ho's and Twinkies, tobacco and everything else they sell. Three percent is $3 million a day for processing credit cards. Now think about how much money is paid for all the purchases made across the country everyday.

So the moral of this story is that if you get a discount via a particular credit card then you have to use the credit card. In other words when you ultimately pay for whatever you bought with real US currency, the people you are paying needs to be the credit card issuer that gave you the discount or you don't get the discount. They have no reason to give the discount otherwise. Also the cost of these discounts are usually shared by the credit card issuer and the merchant or store giving the discount.

So I worked in Retail Fuels for quite a while and have a little understanding of CC use. Here is sorta how it works, you sell something and want to let people use Credit Cards. You cut a deal with Visa, Master Card, etc. They will in turn charge you for people to use it. Typically this comes in the form of a swipe fee (can range from 15 to 28 cents) for every use, and a percentage charge (runs from 2 to 3 percent) In other words Banks and Financial Institutes make pretty darn good money for processing credit card transactions. Now in the new world there are a lot more ways to pay, Pay Pal, Apple Pay, Debit Cards etc. So more and more companies are trying to get a piece of the action. Think about it, in my world of Retail Fueling if we process all the CC transactions for all of 10,000 stations and they average 100K gallons a month at say $3 a gallon. Daily average sales of 3,333 gallons per station. That is about $100 million a day. Not to mention all the Ho Ho's and Twinkies, tobacco and everything else they sell. Three percent is $3 million a day for processing credit cards. Now think about how much money is paid for all the purchases made across the country everyday.

So the moral of this story is that if you get a discount via a particular credit card then you have to use the credit card. In other words, when you ultimately pay for whatever you bought with real US currency, the people you are paying needs to be the credit card issuer that gave you the discount or you don't get the discount. They have no reason to give the discount otherwise. Also the cost of these discounts are usually shared by the credit card issuer and the merchant or store giving the discount.

I knew that businesses are charged for each swipe. I live in a small town where because of this charge we still have places that are cash only. I never thought about the extension to the discounts to get people to use that card to collect the swipe. Thanks, it was interesting.

Now a question for you, if you know. It charges the company to swipe a credit card, but does using apple pay charge the same, does apple come into play there for collecting any money, or because there is no swipe does a business not get charged for someone using apple pay? Maybe it's a different charge for the different processing? (Or google pay, or whatever the equivalent is called. I am an apple user through and through)

It is interesting.

I knew that businesses are charged for each swipe. I live in a small town where because of this charge we still have places that are cash only. I never thought about the extension to the discounts to get people to use that card to collect the swipe. Thanks, it was interesting.

Now a question for you, if you know. It charges the company to swipe a credit card, but does using apple pay charge the same, does apple come into play there for collecting any money, or because there is no swipe does a business not get charged for someone using apple pay? Maybe it's a different charge for the different processing? (Or google pay, or whatever the equivalent is called. I am an apple user through and through)

It is interesting.
Swipe is just the term used for using anyother form of payment thats not cash. Yes apple gets payed everytime someone uses the system. Its also the same with everything else. Thats why some places dont take Amex. They cost to much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter