Disney Character "secret code"?

nzdisneymom

DIS Veteran
Hi all you creative Disney Fans! I hope you can help me.

We are surprising our children with a Disney Cruise for Christmas, and we want to leave them a "secret code" to tell them about it. I was going to just do the usual:

1 = A
2 = B
3 = C

for them, but then I was thinking maybe I could do it with Characters instead... like:

Mickey = A
Minnie = B
Donald = C, etc.

But I don't have character graphics, so I thought I'd see if anyone here might have already done something like that - or else could point me towards finding character graphics that are pretty basic. I only need 16 because I'm going to have them decode to spell out "Castaway Cay", "Cozumel", "Grand Cayman", and "At Sea".

I don't have a preference for which Disney characters - they are boys (12 1/2 and 11) so they still have a little "yuck factor" when it comes to Princesses, but they'll do in a pinch :) I was thinking definitely Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Chip, Dale.... and then maybe Flounder, Ariel, Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, or any of the Pixar gang like from Toy Story or even Wall-E (which they love that movie).

Or even if you have a link where I can go search them out -- I did a "google search" for images and looked through there but didn't come up with what I was looking for easily, so I figured the DIS was the best place to turn!

Thanks so much!

If you want clip art pictures to use then I recomend http://www.disneyclips.com/ they have more clip art than anyone else I have seen.

Thanks so much - I was able to find what I needed there and made my own decoder and secret message. Here's what I ended up with:

Here's the decoder:
decoder.jpg

And here are the boys' secret codes:

boyscode_Page_1.jpg

boyscode_Page_2.jpg

That is so cool Cindy!!! I think I might steal the idea.

Thanks. I did it in Word and if I could figure out a way to post the decoder document here so others could use it, I would be glad to share it. In the meanwhile, if anyone wants it as a .doc, email me at cindysjunk @ comcast.net and I'll be glad to send it by email.

I wanted to bump this after I read about it on the post about surprising your kids...this is such a neat idea! I think I might do this...

Go to Chakanaab National Park when you go to Cozumel. You can hire a taxi to bring you there for about $20 each way (always agree to the price before you get in the taxi), then it's about $10 each adult to get in. Much cheaper than doing the Disney excursion, and it is beautiful, clean, no vendors to pester you, and a great place to swim.:beach:

Have fun. :goodvibes

Go to Chakanaab National Park when you go to Cozumel. You can hire a taxi to bring you there for about $20 each way (always agree to the price before you get in the taxi), then it's about $10 each adult to get in. Much cheaper than doing the Disney excursion, and it is beautiful, clean, no vendors to pester you, and a great place to swim.:beach:

Have fun. :goodvibes

We did that, only we booked as a group for the Dolphin Discovery Encounter - we had a group of 18 DISers, so we shared cabs over and back which saved us some $$, too, plus $$ on the Encounter price.

What a great idea, I am suprising my DD's with their first cruise in May and this would be perfect. Thank you for the idea!

What a great idea! :thumbsup2

Mine is still a little young, but I will have to remember for our future visits!

Thanks. I did it in Word and if I could figure out a way to post the decoder document here so others could use it, I would be glad to share it. In the meanwhile, if anyone wants it as a .doc, email me at cindysjunk @ comcast.net and I'll be glad to send it by email.

I still have this available and at the same email address - or PM me your email and I can send it out. I've had a couple of requests for it recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter