Disney changing bell services delivery with strollers..

Beachmom0317

DIS Veteran
Just saw a video put out by Kingdom Strollers that any reservation made after 10/1 will have to meet Kingdom face to face for stroller delivery at a designated times you can choose from. Disney is doing away with bell services storing and delivering outside vendor strollers. Sounds like this will affect more than just strollers.

So I heard that Disney has been testing out new strollers at AK? I bet this is going to be a way to phase in their strollers. What a pain. I hope it fails miserably and they go back to normal but just in case I have my Feb trip stroller rented just in case we need it.

Unfortunately I think this was bound to happen. With the number and amount of deliveries skyrocketing, the resorts are overwhelmed with managing it all.

And let's be honest, they are seeing $$ going to someone else when they want to have their guests fully enclosed in the Disney bubble.

Most of the details are still murky but one thing is for sure: Kingdom is a Disney “featured provider” and they would not have posted the announcement if they didn’t have some sort of heads up from Disney.

I feel sorry for young families that have grown accustomed to have a stroller waiting for them upon arrival and then just dropping it off right before leaving. It’s going to take some coordination between vendor and customer to make the waits as short as possible but even a 10- minute wait is too long when you have a cranky baby on your hip.

So I heard that Disney has been testing out new strollers at AK? I bet this is going to be a way to phase in their strollers. What a pain. I hope it fails miserably and they go back to normal but just in case I have my Feb trip stroller rented just in case we need it.
I immediately logged on and rented our stroller for our December trip.

I don't think Oct 1 is the cut off date for reserving, but the cut off date for any deliveries to and from Bell Services for ECV and strollers.

I have one day in Epcot, so I'm trying to figure out what to even use 6 FPs for in Epcot once I knock out Test Track, FEA, and Soarin'. My group does not like Mission Space, what else would even need a FP?
I don't think Oct 1 is the cut off date for reserving, but the cut off date for any deliveries to and from Bell Services for ECV and strollers.
Kingdom said that any reservation placed for the future before 10/1 would be honored.

Correct! Just so much easier when you can go with bell services so I wanted to utilize that service while I can!

It’s not the pick up I minD, but the drop off. The ME picks us up very early every year (5am) which means we would have to meet someone the day before. We are always in the parks enjoying our last day so this is a pain.

I’m tempted to book now for our March 2020 trip, but even then Kingdom Strollers told me they don’t know how far out Disney will extend the courtesy of honouring previously made reservations.

I’m wondering if I should just buy my own stroller.

Me too. I understand them wanting to limit grocery and Amazon orders to some extent because maybe the deluge was getting out of hand, but are mobility devices really such an issue for bell services? I'll never rent the awful plastic strollers at the parks, they look so uncomfortable, don't recline, and look hard to steer. I think Disney is trying to have it both ways - encourage you not to rent a car so you stay within the bubble, but also make it harder for you to have items that you might otherwise use a rental car to get. We got a package of diapers and some bottles of water delivered last trip to save luggage space and it was great. Don't need a grocery delivery this trip because we have older kids now and Free Dining but I feel bad for those that do, especially DVC folks who are just trying to take advantage of the kitchen they pay for. There's no reason to make this harder for guests. Hire more staff or dedicate more storage space.

I’m tempted to book now for our March 2020 trip, but even then Kingdom Strollers told me they don’t know how far out Disney will extend the courtesy of honouring previously made reservations.

I was wondering about this. I took a chance and went ahead and reserved a stroller for both our December and March trips hoping they would honor the reservations before the policy change kicks in. It’s just so much easier than having to coordinate pick up and drop off when there are so many other places you need to be at a particular time! The confirmation I got for both rentals says that the stroller will be waiting at Bell services and we do not need to be present. Now, of course, they could send out an update if that changes but I hope they will still honor it.

I was wondering about this. I took a chance and went ahead and reserved a stroller for both our December and March trips hoping they would honor the reservations before the policy change kicks in. It’s just so much easier than having to coordinate pick up and drop off when there are so many other places you need to be at a particular time! The confirmation I got for both rentals says that the stroller will be waiting at Bell services and we do not need to be present. Now, of course, they could send out an update if that changes but I hope they will still honor it.

I went ahead with a rental for next May in hopes that we’ll be grandfathered in. However, it’s not up to the rental company whether or not they honor the agreement. It’s Disney’s call.

I went ahead with a rental for next May in hopes that we’ll be grandfathered in. However, it’s not up to the rental company whether or not they honor the agreement. It’s Disney’s call.
True. I watched the Kingdom Stroller video twice though and he sounded very specific that reservations made before October 1 would be honored (instead of having the policy start across the board October 1) so I’m guessing that is what they have been told. Although I suppose Disney could change it if too many of us made last minute reservations.

There's no reason to make this harder for guests. Hire more staff or dedicate more storage space.
There will be stroller rental companies who fill in the void by hiring more staff and/or dedicating more storage space.

I envision a staging area for strollers in a parking lot (or maybe in one parking lot between two resorts if applicable). It could be a tent to protect rental staff from the sun or could be a truck trailer with ramp coming down from the back. Staff will be wheeling the strollers over one or two at a time to meet guests. Those companies who do it best will get the most customers.

Me too. I understand them wanting to limit grocery and Amazon orders to some extent because maybe the deluge was getting out of hand, but are mobility devices really such an issue for bell services? I'll never rent the awful plastic strollers at the parks, they look so uncomfortable, don't recline, and look hard to steer. I think Disney is trying to have it both ways - encourage you not to rent a car so you stay within the bubble, but also make it harder for you to have items that you might otherwise use a rental car to get. We got a package of diapers and some bottles of water delivered last trip to save luggage space and it was great. Don't need a grocery delivery this trip because we have older kids now and Free Dining but I feel bad for those that do, especially DVC folks who are just trying to take advantage of the kitchen they pay for. There's no reason to make this harder for guests. Hire more staff or dedicate more storage space.

its o ly effecting stroller and mobility dropoffs- grocery and owner lockers are not effected

This article was posted yesterday. If Im reading it correctly, Scooterbug will be the only provider that will be permitted to drop off ECVs, wheelchairs AND STROLLERS at bell services. Guests renting from Scooterbug will be the only ones permitted to leave their equipment with bell services at the end of their stay. All others will have to meet face-to-face with the vendor when receiving and returning their rentals.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/09/scooterbug-becomes-walt-disney-worlds.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter