• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney cancelled our ADR-Teppan Edo Support Group

I also made my ressie exactly 90 days out, 7:00 AM...how annoying. Well, I guess I better think about where else we would liek to eat that night....

I know...I'm a total planner and this throws the night off for me.

Oh well, the only problem is that were eating another night in Epcot later in the week, so there's really not any other restaurants we would want to do (that were not already doing on the other day). Perhaps will just eat at the F&W booths and save the credit, but were on DxDDP...already a lot of credits. Maybe we'll eat outside of Epcot, but again that messes up our plans. :headache:

Oh, well. On to planning "Plan B". :surfweb:

We were there last week and their system had totally dropped our ADR, I even had the ressie # with me. So, they made a quick phone call or two and then came up with a table for us. We were a family of 4, we were seated with a family of 5 (so they can accomodate 9 at a table). The only problem was the family we sat with had a 2 or 3 yr. old child who was in dire need of a nap, and cried thru the major portion of the meal, finally someone from one of the other tables in our room asked the CM who was waiting on their table if they could do anything. I don't know what she said to the family, but mom & dad took turns eating, while the other took the child out side. She was clearly over stimulated and was on over load heading to the meltdown.

Does anyone know what date the overbook starts? I have ressie for the 9/17 and am wondering if I should be proactive and just call...

I am really sorry that so many people are having this happen... Really throws a monkey wrench into plans... :sad2:

We have a ressie for 2 on 9/28 at 5:20 PM. Disney will be in for a fight with me if they call to cancel. It is always a must do, a family favorite. We will not be giving up that ressie. I booked it in my plus 10 days. I tried 3 AM (gotta love being west coast time), but online was not working for plus 10 yet for DVC members, so I called at 4 AM my time. Not a great way to start my day. We will be dining there on 9/28. There are no options Disney can offer to get me to change my mind.:lmao:

So, as I see it, this creates an issue for everyone else. These 1,000 ressies for Teppan Edo are being given "top priority" reservations at other restraunts. Does that mean that everywhere else will be double booked now as a result? Just what I want, hour long waits to get into dinner because the system goofed up.

I know that many people feel like Disney owes them something for this goof up. Still, promising reservations at almost any restraunt (including those that were previously "booked up") will cause many torked off hungry people. First free dining crowd worries and now potential double bookings everywhere. Now, I'm getting concerned. :sad2:

hmm...i just looked online and my TE ressie for 9/28 for 4 people is still confirmed. I'll have to keep an eye out for the disney phone number :( Sucks that this is happening to everyone!

hmm...i just looked online and my TE ressie for 9/28 for 4 people is still confirmed. I'll have to keep an eye out for the disney phone number :( Sucks that this is happening to everyone!

Mine still says it's confirmed too...but I got the phone call.

Funny thing, I thought about you today. I saw we had similiar dining ressies and are eating at a lot of the same restaurants around the same times...I wondered if you had gotten a call...here's hoping you won't! ;) It's a pain to re-work your plans you spent months preparing!

Still haven't decided what were gonna do...decisions, decisions! :rolleyes:

Mine still says it's confirmed too...but I got the phone call.

Funny thing, I thought about you today. I saw we had similiar dining ressies and are eating at a lot of the same restaurants around the same times...I wondered if you had gotten a call...here's hoping you won't! ;) It's a pain to re-work your plans you spent months preparing!

Still haven't decided what were gonna do...decisions, decisions! :rolleyes:

crossing my fingers :) and if you see me in the parks come say hi :thumbsup2

My res for TE is not until November. I hope the same thing doesn't happen then. Though if it does you can bet if they try to bump me I'll be getting more than a lateral move to another restaurant in Epcot with no if, ands or buts.

I know mistakes can happen and I won't freak out or throw blame around. I will politely let them know what is acceptable to me and we'll go from there. Nothing unreasonable. I don't expect a free trip or 10 day tickets. I am talking a move up to a 2TS (signature) or complimentary bottle of wine where I end up. Something along those lines.

I'm now wondering, after reading all these posts, if they tried to call to change our reservation for our ADR on the 20th. I had several calls from a 407 number that I never answered. My first thought was that it was a Disney area code but why would they be calling since I had all my paperwork for the resort. We had a 12:30 ADR and were seated about 10 min. later. There was a large crowd waiting when we came out so they may have had a back-up at that point. Makes you wonder what is going on. Can they not figure out how to coordinate the on-line ADRS with the call-ins. It seem inconceivable that they will over book by 1000 and not know that it is happening. Something has really got to change. What will happen now that they are going back to 180 days - will they now over book by 2000 since they have double the time!!

So, as I see it, this creates an issue for everyone else. These 1,000 ressies for Teppan Edo are being given "top priority" reservations at other restraunts. Does that mean that everywhere else will be double booked now as a result? Just what I want, hour long waits to get into dinner because the system goofed up.

I know that many people feel like Disney owes them something for this goof up. Still, promising reservations at almost any restraunt (including those that were previously "booked up") will cause many torked off hungry people. First free dining crowd worries and now potential double bookings everywhere. Now, I'm getting concerned. :sad2:

I was just thinking the same thing!!! I really feel for all the TE folks - what a nightmare!!! However....I am not eating there, but have ressies during this "mad time". How long are we going to be backlogged too! WOW, it might not be the most magical place on earth with my 4 yr when she's hungry;)

But seriously, good luck - and DO NOT BOOK THE BIERGARTEN!!! It's really really bad!! :rotfl:

Can some of you who have been cancelled report what date your ADR's were? We're eating there on 9/30. It's the ONLY ADR for the entire week my husband and son requested for the entire week, so this has me a little concerned. And the idea of a 2 hour wait is pretty scary...... To be honest though, them giving you dinner without charging your TS credits is of little value. Where would you get another ADR at that point to use it??????????

As for squeezing those 1000 into other restaurants: It's still probably better to disperse the problem throughout the resort than to have a melt down in one spot......

I just found this thread and I have to add it is not just large groups getting cancelled. I was called Wed. evening and told our adr for 2 on Sept 28th at 1 was cancelled. The CM was very nice and asked where we'd rather go. I told her the only place I wanted was Ohana but I knew they were booked. Well she got us in at the day and exact time I wanted! :cool1: Worked out well for us but it has left me worried about our other adrs!

I haven't called them back yet. Still thinking about where we will change our ADR to...wondering if going outside of Epcot might be a good idea now that it seems like the other restaurants in WS are going to be overbooked too by fitting all the cancelled Teppan Edo people in someplace else :guilty: we were only going to go to Epcot really just for dinner as it's an EMH night and I generally avoid those due to crowds All I am picturing is tons of crowds already, and very crowded restaurants too. Might be a bad combination for us after a day at Typhoon Lagoon:sad2:

Sorry to hear about this.

I was thinking, they seem to be blaming the online system. Now do you think that it was human input error? Someone typed in the wrong figure of tables/spots available, that's why it's such a large number (added an extra 0 or something) that it's for such a long period of time (30 days?) and seems to be confined to one restaurant.

:hug: to all (and to those poor CM's at TE who are going to have to try and sort out someone else's mistake)

I was thinking, they seem to be blaming the online system. Now do you think that it was human input error? Someone typed in the wrong figure of tables/spots available, that's why it's such a large number (added an extra 0 or something) that it's for such a long period of time (30 days?) and seems to be confined to one restaurant.

Well, it's hardly an over-booking of an order of magnitude like you'd get with adding a 0 (e.g. 100 vs. 1000). TE holds what, 250 people at a time? So in a 5-hour dinner period (assuming they open at 5, last reservation at 9, but stay open until the 9:00 people leave), they can probably get 1000 people or close to it in or out. It seems like they literally double booked the restaurant--took reservations for twice as many people as will fit in one night.

But you're probably correct that there was a human error--my guess is that it was in the original program of the system, not that someone later typed in the wrong number.

What I don't understand is why they're not calling the people who booked *last*.

I think it is very possible that it truly is a glitch in the booking system. Think about the difference in the way tables turn over in a regular restaurant vs a hibachi grill... I think the online system very likely treats (hopefully treatED - I wuld think they'd get this fixed ASAP) Teppan Edo the same as other restaurants, without accounting for the fact that at TE, you don't clear a table when a family of 4 finishes quickly and seat another group at that table. You have to wait for the entire group of 8 to be finished, the grill to be cleaned and prepped for the next seating, and then seat multiple groups together. The problem really could be as simple as a one-size-fits-all reservations system clashing with a restaurant style that causes slower-than-average table turnover.

I think it is very possible that it truly is a glitch in the booking system. Think about the difference in the way tables turn over in a regular restaurant vs a hibachi grill... I think the online system very likely treats (hopefully treatED - I wuld think they'd get this fixed ASAP) Teppan Edo the same as other restaurants, without accounting for the fact that at TE, you don't clear a table when a family of 4 finishes quickly and seat another group at that table. You have to wait for the entire group of 8 to be finished, the grill to be cleaned and prepped for the next seating, and then seat multiple groups together. The problem really could be as simple as a one-size-fits-all reservations system clashing with a restaurant style that causes slower-than-average table turnover.

Good point :thumbsup2

Aha, that makes sense. But then why has this not happened before? Did they just forget to put those parameters/fields/rules in for this particular month??

Its just a meal, cant you do a quick service restaurant somewhere else in the World Showcase?? I dunno, maybe its just me, but I'm not all about eating in Disney. Yes I have ADRs made, but if we had to cancel or they cancel for us if not a big problem. At least they called you ahead of time instead of telling you at check in day of. Now you have time to either find something else or QS it. Look at the glass half full. :goodvibes Have a fun trip. Relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter