Disney and people who can not physically eat much at a buffet?

But not for anywhere near the number of diners Disney serves.
I can’t begin to imagine how hard it would be to police people claiming to eat less. Hostesses reading medical records? Stitches being shown? Security counting food runs or weighing plates?

Last edited:
I really wish all of the buffet restaurants offered the option to order from a regular menu too.
We would go to the Crystal Palace when we visited WDW. My father really liked it there. I know I could go & pay for a character buffet, but my own kids are older now & really don’t need to eat with Winnie the Pooh. I would definitely go if we could just order a dinner & be on our way.
I like the idea/concept of a buffet.
Ive never been thrilled with the ones I’ve gone to for several reasons.
I agree with you. Buffets tend to be too much food for us, especially for breakfast. Outside of WDW, restaurants with buffets usually offer the option to order off the menu and that is what we go for. Can they do it? Yes! But buffets are cash cows for exactly the reasons we are talking about. In any group, how much food will be eaten versus the overall cost? I can buy a weeks groceries for a family of four on the cost of one character buffet breakfast, with a total of maybe 5 minutes interaction with characters. Just saying- if you are going in for a bite to eat, it would be nice to have the option to order a simple meal (hold the characters).

I agree with you. Buffets tend to be too much food for us, especially for breakfast. Outside of WDW, restaurants with buffets usually offer the option to order off the menu and that is what we go for. Can they do it? Yes! But buffets are cash cows for exactly the reasons we are talking about. In any group, how much food will be eaten versus the overall cost? I can buy a weeks groceries for a family of four on the cost of one character buffet breakfast, with a total of maybe 5 minutes interaction with characters. Just saying- if you are going in for a bite to eat, it would be nice to have the option to order a simple meal (hold the characters).
I’d like this twice if I could!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter