**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

In all our trips we had never done Country Bears until last year and I have to say, I don't think we were missing anything. Definitely weird and potentially very creepy if empty.

We've never had the desire to do this one. But now after this thread, I'm inspired. I'll make sure we hit this one on our trip this summer!!!

We've never had the desire to do this one. But now after this thread, I'm inspired. I'll make sure we hit this one on our trip this summer!!!

Lol, not sure if “inspired” and “Country Bears” are two words that have ever been used in the same sentence before.

I’m all for MK nostalgia, but maybe keep expectations a little low. :-)

Lol, not sure if “inspired” and “Country Bears” are two words that have ever been used in the same sentence before.

I’m all for MK nostalgia, but maybe keep expectations a little low. :-)

Actually I stand corrected. My kids just informed me that we HAVE done country bears. One of my girls said she remembers burying her head in my arms, because she was so creeped out. Ha! I guess I blocked out the experience!

One trip when my son was 5, we arrived right around RD, maybe a little after and the first thing he wanted to do was Country Bears, so we did. We were the only ones there. I remember the CM doing the opening schpiel to move to end of row, etc... got to the no photos part and said "no flash photography, or go ahead and take all the flash photos you want, there's nobody else here to annoy". Funny and memorable.

Last edited:
Shoot we love country bears. My daughter has the whole show memorized. I think we love how it is just a tad inappropriate most of all. That being said I can’t see us doing it during the after hours event. I think that Hall of Presidents Tiki birds and even another favorite Carousel of Progress would be kind of a waste during after hours. Also Monsters Inc Laugh floor.

I can verify that Aladdin's carpets were open and Speedway was closed. I saw a line for Astro Orbiter but later in the night (11pm) it was closed. I just realized we never walked by Dumbo (how is that possible??) or Barnstormer.

Speedway is under refurbishment right now as they altered the track to make room for Tron. It'll reopen later this month and presumably re-join the list of open attractions at MK DAH. The question is not which rides are currently available, but rather what will change for the villains event. We simply don't know right now.

I hope the Speedway is open for Villains. My sisters & nieces all want to ride it, but with the August heat and the slow moving line, I think they'll regret it, even with a FastPass. I think doing it after hours would be much more tolerable.

I hate the ride myself. But my son loves it too! My girls like it as well. So I try to make time for it at least once a trip. I would just watch them ride. But my youngest daughter still can't reach the pedal, so someone has to ride with her!

I’d be surprised if Speedway wasn’t open for Villains based on it’s reopen date this month.

Now that DS has his permit (and license in a few weeks) and drove last summer for the first time since he was 10. He laughed and said “Now I know why you said this isn’t real driving!”
(Not that he likes it any less)

Hey c’mon, you really haven’t ‘done’ MK DAH until you’ve been in Country Bears alone. It’s weird!
Well..it's bit weird even when it's full! I imagine it's actual creepy when empty.
In all our trips we had never done Country Bears until last year and I have to say, I don't think we were missing anything. Definitely weird and potentially very creepy if empty.

LOL...this was "UNBEARABLE" as I was the only person in there watching. I could not wait for it to be over!!!

I hadn't seen this show for many many years and did it one night to see if we should bring grandkids. Well, we did finally take grandkids but 3 years later!

LOL...this was "UNBEARABLE" as I was the only person in there watching. I could not wait for it to be over!!!

I hadn't seen this show for many many years and did it one night to see if we should bring grandkids. Well, we did finally take grandkids but 3 years later!

We loved being the only 2 watching during and after hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter