Disney After Hours Q&A and Experiences Thread

I wonder if we'd have a chance to see any Star Wars characters if we enter earlier like 7? (Our actual plan is to use a park day ticket and go even earlier in the day!)
Perhaps. We didn't arrive until 8:45. I don't recall if I mentioned that or not.

I went to the AH at MK this past Monday, April 8, and had a fantastic time. I have an AP, so I entered the park around 4:30. I rode the train, Small World, Pirates, People Mover, Carousel of Progress, all with waits of 10 minutes or less. Watched HEA from the Tomorrowland bridge. You can’t see the projections on the castle, but it’s not crowded.
Snack cart in Adventureland was already up and running when I walked past it at 9:50.
I don’t ride Space Mountain or Big Thunder, so not sure what those wait times were like. I believe Tron was down all night. Everything I rode had waits of 5 minutes or less, except for Seven Dwarfs and Peter Pan.
Got a spot in the hub about 10:45 for Enchantment. There was plenty of room for everyone. If I do another after hours, I won’t waste my time watching! Was quite upset at myself for wasting time that I could have used for rides.
Got in line for Dwarfs right at midnight with a posted wait of 20 minutes. Was on the ride in 11.
Then went to Peter Pan and the posted wait was 25 minutes. I was on in 7.
Ended my night with Jungle Cruise, and had skipper Grace.
Would definitely do this event again!

Haven't been to DW in about 3 years, and the family and I are headed down next month -last week of May. Been a long time, and excited to go back!

I've been reading this thread and seems AH events are a good option to experience lower wait times, so considering it for our upcoming trip. I see that DHS has one during our timeframe, but MK doesn't have any listed for the last two weeks of May. Does anyone know if additional dates have been added to past AH events? Just wondering what the odds are that they may add more dates for May. Thx!

Haven't been to DW in about 3 years, and the family and I are headed down next month -last week of May. Been a long time, and excited to go back!

I've been reading this thread and seems AH events are a good option to experience lower wait times, so considering it for our upcoming trip. I see that DHS has one during our timeframe, but MK doesn't have any listed for the last two weeks of May. Does anyone know if additional dates have been added to past AH events? Just wondering what the odds are that they may add more dates for May. Thx!
In the past, I haven't seen additional dates added during the timeframe that is already set (as in, whatever the end date is for the current set of AH events, they won't add more). They can add additional later dates.

I was also slightly disappointed there was no MK AH during that timeframe, but oh well!

I went to the AH at MK this past Monday, April 8, and had a fantastic time. I have an AP, so I entered the park around 4:30. I rode the train, Small World, Pirates, People Mover, Carousel of Progress, all with waits of 10 minutes or less. Watched HEA from the Tomorrowland bridge. You can’t see the projections on the castle, but it’s not crowded.
Snack cart in Adventureland was already up and running when I walked past it at 9:50.
I don’t ride Space Mountain or Big Thunder, so not sure what those wait times were like. I believe Tron was down all night. Everything I rode had waits of 5 minutes or less, except for Seven Dwarfs and Peter Pan.
Got a spot in the hub about 10:45 for Enchantment. There was plenty of room for everyone. If I do another after hours, I won’t waste my time watching! Was quite upset at myself for wasting time that I could have used for rides.
Got in line for Dwarfs right at midnight with a posted wait of 20 minutes. Was on the ride in 11.
Then went to Peter Pan and the posted wait was 25 minutes. I was on in 7.
Ended my night with Jungle Cruise, and had skipper Grace.
Would definitely do this event again!
Thanks for the review. We are going April 29, it will be our only MK visit. DH has never been on Tron, it will be a bummer for him if it's down all night.

I see today that the MK hours for April 29 have been extended to 10 PM. I was looking forward to a lighter hour between 9 & 10, but knew an extension was possible.

Sadly no extension of the AK hours that week.

7pm is the time we can get in with JUST our DAH ticket correct? Our DHSAH night is our arrival night and we're trying to time a Flying Fish reservation and in order to allow enough time to also relax I'm thinking of making our departure day a ticketed park day instead of arrival day (and don't want to show up too early).

7pm is the time we can get in with JUST our DAH ticket correct? Our DHSAH night is our arrival night and we're trying to time a Flying Fish reservation and in order to allow enough time to also relax I'm thinking of making our departure day a ticketed park day instead of arrival day (and don't want to show up too early).
Correct. If you don't have a park ticket for the day, 7pm is the earliest. If you do have a park ticket, you just need to make sure you get your wristband sometime after 7pm before the event starts.

Correct. If you don't have a park ticket for the day, 7pm is the earliest. If you do have a park ticket, you just need to make sure you get your wristband sometime after 7pm before the event starts.

Any ideas where they are giving out wristbands for AH if you are already in the park with a regular ticket? In older videos, I saw a couple in park locations. Or, can I get a wrist band when I tap in with my regular ticket? We'll be at DHS.

Tysm. I think I'd rather unpack, tour our resort/rest, go to our dinner reservation and then take the Skyliner in to arrive shortly after 7pm so we're better rested for the late night. Then we can use the extra park ticket for our last day and have breakfast, walk around and do a few slow rides at MK before our ride comes at 3pm!

Any ideas where they are giving out wristbands for AH if you are already in the park with a regular ticket? In older videos, I saw a couple in park locations. Or, can I get a wrist band when I tap in with my regular ticket? We'll be at DHS.
When we did it at Epcot, we had to go to the front of the park to get ours. You can certainly ask Guest Relations when you're in the park, but they guided us to the front the day we did it.

Tysm. I think I'd rather unpack, tour our resort/rest, go to our dinner reservation and then take the Skyliner in to arrive shortly after 7pm so we're better rested for the late night. Then we can use the extra park ticket for our last day and have breakfast, walk around and do a few slow rides at MK before our ride comes at 3pm!
We did something similar on our last trip and liked the approach! Nice to be able to maximize the evening hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter