**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Hi all, does anyone know if/ when they’re likely to release DAH dates for July/ August? We are at WDW the week before SWGE opens and rather than buy a day ticket, were wondering if it would be better to do the After Hours event. I’m sure they won’t do them after Labor Day weekend, but what are the chances a night will be up the week before?

Hi all, does anyone know if/ when they’re likely to release DAH dates for July/ August? We are at WDW the week before SWGE opens and rather than buy a day ticket, were wondering if it would be better to do the After Hours event. I’m sure they won’t do them after Labor Day weekend, but what are the chances a night will be up the week before?

Many people are watching and waiting. Subscribe to this thread and someone will post here as soon as we know.

I would like to know also for October. What do I do to subscribe?

I would like to know also for October. What do I do to subscribe?

I could end up being wrong, but my guess is the chance of DAH at DHS once SWGE opens is pretty low. I'm sure they'll look to capitalize on paid late night events at some point, just doesn't' seem likely to me that it will be right away.

I attended the Friday May 17th DAH HS (also DAH MK on the 16th - will post on that thread also) . I had very detailed notes with times of everything but at one point when putting my phone back in my backpack in between SDD rides I somehow deleted over half of my notes!! So, instead of exact times, I will give time ranges. Sorry!

I had originally thought this event was going to be Saturday night so had FP at AK this day and HS on Sat. I was worried about losing FOP fast pass so just kept them as is (plus a took a break and took a nap as I was a little tired after DAH Mk the night before)

So, I arrived @ 7 - I wasn't paying attention and went in the wrong entrance. One CM kept telling me I would have to exit and come back in the correct tapstile but luckily another cm overhead and directed me to where to go as if I had already been in the park. This was easy and I had no problems there.

FP for Star Tours but didn't need it @ 7:15 - dinner at Woody's @ 7:40 - Star Tours again @ 8:30 (10 minute) TSMM @ 8:45 posted 15 min waited 8

I love RNRC so decided to start there for DAH
9:26 - RNRC walk on and got to pick row - this happened two more times in a row - fourth time had to wait one cycle fifth time 4 minutes. I think the first 3 were so short because those watching Fantasmic/ Fireworks hadn't made there way over yet. The time in between rides was basically however long it took me to walk through the stand by line.
@ 10 went to TOT waited @ 8 minutes
snacks by TOT
TSMM @ 4 minutes
AS2 waited one cycle

@ 11 I started riding SDD - I rode it 10 times in a row and probably could have ridden once or twice more if I hadn't had a bathroom break and the freak out when I saw my notes were gone! Here are the wait times - I did have the exact times for all but you will have to do math or use your imagination for the first few - 8 minutes. 12 minutes, 7 minutes, 11:45 2 minutes, 11:50 walk on, 11:55 2 minutes, 12:05 walk on 12:09 walk on 12:13 walk on 12;21 (took a break here to recap notes before I forgot) waited 2 minutes but only because they were putting a slinky up for the night. I was by myself so in the odd number line. When there was a line , the alternated odd number/ even number lines so I don't think there was a huge advantage at that point.

to recap = RNRC 5 times in a row
TOT - 1
TSMM - 1 during and 1 before
AS2 = 1
SDD - 10 times in a row
plus ST 2 times before

All in all , I would do it again.I rode everything I wanted and multiple times on my favorites. Plus unlimited snacks/drinks! I didn't take note of my snacks . But, I know i had popcorn and an ice cream sandwich as well as a diet coke. Also, I may have taken home a few Diet Cokes and waters in my backpack . I wish I had known about the dates before I booked my package as I would have skipped a park this day and just done DAH.

Side note since I did both MK and HS - the difference for me was that at HS I concentrated on riding my favorites multiple times where as at MK I tried to ride as many different rides as I could/wanted.

We went on 17 May. We got one of everything completed that evening. DD16 is in a wheelchair and we're a little slower to get around.

Arrived about 8.15pm, 50s Prime Time for Dinner.
From 9.30pm
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Swirling Saucers
Rock N Roller Coaster - DD wasn't sure earlier in the evening if she wanted to do this, so we needed to go back later in the night.
On the bus around 12.15am

We're happy with what we achieved - if DD decided earlier to do RNR we probably would have repeated a couple of rides in Toy Story Land.

I wish they would release the dates 6 months in advance. We book our ADRs June 17th. We're going Saturday to Saturday. Even though HS is my husband's favorite park, we're thinking we might skip HS altogether because of the crowds. If we can get an After Dark, we'll go to HS around 1, book an ADR and try to get a dessert party and watch the shows until the park closes.
It's hard to plan 6 months in advance when the dates for this aren't available. It's frustrating.

I wish they would release the dates 6 months in advance. We book our ADRs June 17th. We're going Saturday to Saturday. Even though HS is my husband's favorite park, we're thinking we might skip HS altogether because of the crowds. If we can get an After Dark, we'll go to HS around 1, book an ADR and try to get a dessert party and watch the shows until the park closes.
It's hard to plan 6 months in advance when the dates for this aren't available. It's frustrating.

They don't release them in advance, because they don't update park hours until the last minute.

They don't release them in advance, because they don't update park hours until the last minute.
It is frustrating. I think they need to pull back when you can make dinning ADR's. It is too far out. Disney has nothing planned, which I get but don't make us pick where we will be eating so far out either!

It is frustrating. I think they need to pull back when you can make dinning ADR's. It is too far out. Disney has nothing planned, which I get but don't make us pick where we will be eating so far out either!

I agree that dining doesn’t need to open at 180. Honestly, there isn’t a need to book them that far in advance. You can get what you want whenever.

As long as the next batch get announced before my FP day later in June, I'll be happy. It's tough to plan because they went from consistently being Saturday nights to Friday nights in the last go around. I'm not sure which day to plan around and it does make a difference to my overall plan/days.

As long as the next batch get announced before my FP day later in June, I'll be happy. It's tough to plan because they went from consistently being Saturday nights to Friday nights in the last go around. I'm not sure which day to plan around and it does make a difference to my overall plan/days.

I have a backup plan ready to go if they add July dates. Trying not to be irritated!!!

I have a backup plan ready to go if they add July dates. Trying not to be irritated!!!
My backup plans have backup plans at this point. :rotfl2:

I'm really hoping for Saturday because the one Friday of our trip I already have MNSSHP tickets and the other Friday is our arrival day, which is not ideal for DAH for me.

My backup plans have backup plans at this point. :rotfl2:

I'm really hoping for Saturday because the one Friday of our trip I already have MNSSHP tickets and the other Friday is our arrival day, which is not ideal for DAH for me.

I'm trying to decide how willing I am to switch FPs and ADRs around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter