**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

They cancelled a few MK EMM dates last fall - a much smaller guest count than the count that I’m assuming had likely already purchased 5/7 - and from reports it took weeks for guest relations to cycle through contacting people. I can imagine it takes awhile.

Hopefully they’ll be quicker this time, they got about 3 weeks. I did read o another forum where someone just got their call today.

I’m still waiting for my refund and free May 6th tickets. I haven’t heard from Disney yet about either. I’m worried they’ll put the May 6th tickets on sale before they give all us May 7th people our tix and then it will sell out.

I haven't heard yet either for our replacement tickets and refund, its only Tuesday and she just said someone will contact you next week!
:upsidedow:scratchin:hyper: I'm not worried yet :P

For those new to the thread, a quick reminder of some things:

- Page 1 posts are kept regularly updated, you'll find lots of event detail and info there

- Post #3 has date tables which include release dates and sold out data, in addition to other data points about each past and future events: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3715424/#post-59931745

- Post #10 has links to in-thread posts for anyone who stopped by with a review/experience post after attending the event. So many helpful DISers have taken the time to document their experiences, this is an easy place to quickly find reviews: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3715424/#post-59931754

As always, a huge thanks to those who contribute to the thread!

:thanks:

Anyone hear back about May 7th and getting refund for the 6th :upsidedow? I haven't :surfweb:

I'd be interested in knowing this too. I didn't have the 7th purchased, but I'd sure do the 6th if I could. I sort of hate to stir up a hornets nest, but I did read on the dis that is in the place that shall not be named, where someone claims they called back today and were told it's not definite that they'll add the 6th. I temper my worry because they also said they were told no refunds and that is just not possible.

But, I'm not in the same boat as those who had the event cancelled, so I'm trying not to get too impatient. I'd cancel my EMM's if I could do this so sooner rather than later would be best.

I'd be interested in knowing this too. I didn't have the 7th purchased, but I'd sure do the 6th if I could. I sort of hate to stir up a hornets nest, but I did read on the dis that is in the place that shall not be named, where someone claims they called back today and were told it's not definite that they'll add the 6th. I temper my worry because they also said they were told no refunds and that is just not possible.

But, I'm not in the same boat as those who had the event cancelled, so I'm trying not to get too impatient. I'd cancel my EMM's if I could do this so sooner rather than later would be best.
If Disney is the one that cancelled it then they have to issue a refund. I would definitely not believe that one. The person that I talked to was very definite that they were adding the 6th. I hate when people start rumors like that. Makes it hard for everyone and much more stressful honestly.

Also, when I called back, the woman I spoke with said that there was a rumor going around discussion boards that it was cancelled and they weren't giving refunds. She said that this was untrue.

Last edited:
If Disney is the one that cancelled it then they have to issue a refund. I would definitely not believe that one. The person that I talked to was very definite that they were adding the 6th. I hate when people start rumors like that. Makes it hard for everyone and much more stressful honestly.

Also, when I called back, the woman I spoke with said that there was a rumor going around discussion boards that it was cancelled and they weren't giving refunds. She said that this was untrue.

Thanks for clarifying. I was really hesitant to mention it, it's ridiculous to think they wouldn't refund. Thanks again, for the information.

Guys they just added the May 6th date to the calendar! It’s taking every bit of will power I have not to buy two tickets immediately. I still haven’t received an email about the refund and the free tickets and I’m freaking out. I may call tomorrow to ask if we are all set-I will be so mad if they forget to set aside our tickets and it sells out.

Guys they just added the May 6th date to the calendar! It’s taking every bit of will power I have not to buy two tickets immediately. I still haven’t received an email about the refund and the free tickets and I’m freaking out. I may call tomorrow to ask if we are all set-I will be so mad if they forget to set aside our tickets and it sells out.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m sure they held back enough tickets to allow for those who had already purchased. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!

I purchased our tickets and it was weird, but the email I got only says my order is being processed and I’ll receive a confirmation once it’s done processing. I never got that message with the MK or HS, just an email with my confirmation number. It’s not showing up in my plans either. Anyone else have it do that?

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I’m sure they held back enough tickets to allow for those who had already purchased. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!

I purchased our tickets and it was weird, but the email I got only says my order is being processed and I’ll receive a confirmation once it’s done processing. I never got that message with the MK or HS, just an email with my confirmation number. It’s not showing up in my plans either. Anyone else have it do that?

I believe I saw reports of something similar when MVMCP tix went on sale recently and people that bought right away. So yeah, not normal but not the first time I’ve read something along those lines the last 2 weeks. FWIW!

Anyone hear back about May 7th and getting refund for the 6th :upsidedow? I haven't :surfweb:

I called and just got off the phone with Winston, they are working on the refunds today and the tickets for May 6th. He said they had to wait for the 6th to open up, so hopefully by the end of the day we should all be good :thumbsup2

I called and just received a voicemail they are going through and doing the refunds/issueing tickets today. He said we should see everything in our accounts by Monday.

I called and spoke with the same rep that I talked to in Monday. She assured me that the refunds were being processed. It’s just that there are a lot of them to do.

I got a message in my email that new tickets had been issued today. Will check my gift card balance when I get home to see if the refund has been issued. Makes me feel much better.

My purchased tickets finally processed and are showing up in my mde. Disney better stick this time. I'll be cancelling a couple of EMM's now that I have this one. Maybe I should wait just a bit....lol

I called and spoke with the same rep that I talked to in Monday. She assured me that the refunds were being processed. It’s just that there are a lot of them to do.

I got a message in my email that new tickets had been issued today. Will check my gift card balance when I get home to see if the refund has been issued. Makes me feel much better.

I haven’t gotten an email about new tickets yet and I checked my account and it still has the old tickets. I’m starting to worry

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is? Pretty sure we will be in the area for a week in June. Would love to do this on June 11 as it is our anniversary. Won’t know for sure which week until mid next week and I’m afraid it will sell out. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter