**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I agree - this is a great event. It felt more relaxed because there are less attractions to do than MK. We even poked around a gift shop for a bit (and to escape the cold!).

I would do this event again for sure!!
We were saying the same thing! Felt rushed when we did the MK event a couple years ago but the AK one was relaxed and we got to really enjoy it. Plus I think there were way fewer people there last night. Forgot to mention last night that my dad and sister did EE two more times before we left. They said they were told to choose whatever seats they wanted each time. We also spent time taking photos on the way out and didn't have anyone around us except a few custodial CM's starting to clean up. We'd definitely do this event again!

So any signs of FoP being limited in term of less rooms?
We didn't see any evidence of that. We were in different rooms each time.

Last edited:
Great reports from last night. It makes me excited to go on 1/31! I like the fact that we can take our time since there aren’t as many attractions to get to. Do you guys think we should go to the 8 or 9:30 rivers of light?
We had a 9pm and it was perfect - hardly anyone there and was able to fully enjoy except I was freezing!

We had a 9pm and it was perfect - hardly anyone there and was able to fully enjoy except I was freezing!
What was the temp last night? Our temps are pretty cold here but I’m still hoping for warm weather when we are there. I forgot I did get a fp for rol before dah starts but maybe we will just watch it at 9:30 instead

Great reports from last night. It makes me excited to go on 1/31! I like the fact that we can take our time since there aren’t as many attractions to get to. Do you guys think we should go to the 8 or 9:30 rivers of light?
We did the 7:45 showing before the park closed and that was perfect for us. We then walked right on EE when the show finished. We park hopped from Epcot though. The earlier the better I think if the weather is chilly. It was 51 according to my phone's weather app and breezy when we walked out of the show. It dropped from there through the night but not a lot and the breeze died down which helped. Heading to DAH at MK now!

We did the 7:45 showing before the park closed and that was perfect for us. We then walked right on EE when the show finished. We park hopped from Epcot though. The earlier the better I think if the weather is chilly. It was 51 according to my phone's weather app and breezy when we walked out of the show. It dropped from there through the night but not a lot and the breeze died down which helped. Heading to DAH at MK now!
I'll keep our FP for now. We can always decide the night of when we want to watch it. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!