**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We went last night and had a good time. I wrote details and will post later. Rode almost everything three times each. Fop only twice because of 30 minute total time per ride. We went there last so did fop twice and out at 11pm. Rode Navi once ( didn't care to ride more). Food stands were all different. Got bottled drinks at some and cups at others. Popcorn in 16 oz or 12 oz cup and boxes just outside pandora. When we did MK AH last March all were bottled drinks and all popcorn was in standard cardboard popcorn containers. I think they are already downsizing the snacks which isn't cool. I wouldn't do this one again but would still do another MK AH.
Did they still have water somewhere?

Has anyone done ROL while they’re at the event? I’ve never seen it and would like to experience it but not if it’s a super long show. To give you context, I bet we will do Dinosaur, EE, and Pandora ride-wise. We are Passholders so may go in earlier for the safari and drinks/dinner anyway.

I believe ROL is scheduled for 9pm next Weds.
It lasts about 15 min

Was at the tuesday event and waited 45 mins on passage. I asked why so long and was told by FOP workers that they only run half of the ride during after hours because there would be many empty seats if they didn't. Didnt really seem like a great answer considering you're charging $130 for a 3 hour event and it's the most popular ride in wdw. So that was disappointing to hear. Otherwise, it was still fun.
Again, as with PP, did you wait that long to even get in/on the ride or was the total time?
As to what the CM told you, always take that with a grain of salt. They don't know, more often than they do, and just make things up that sound good.
If your entire total time was 45 min, that's about right, maybe 15 min longer than possible, as the ride is going to take 30 min, period.

There's been a lot of discussion about a 45 mins wait, but the original poster indicates that 45 mins includes the experience time with the loading area and ride....and indicates that there was a hold up bc of an ECV issue. I'm hoping that the wait was more of a one off.. we are attending Jan 31st :)
We’ll be there then too so we might see you!

Again, as with PP, did you wait that long to even get in/on the ride or was the total time?
As to what the CM told you, always take that with a grain of salt. They don't know, more often than they do, and just make things up that sound good.
If your entire total time was 45 min, that's about right, maybe 15 min longer than possible, as the ride is going to take 30 min, period.
I waited that long to get to the videos before entering the ride.

Usually I would agree with you about cast members and their knowledge on certain subjects being iffy at best, but they're operating the ride. I think they know if they're running at full capacity or if they shut down a portion of it. It's not a technical question that requires multiple interpretations imo. Can only go by what I was told. They were pretty confident in saying so.

If I waited 45 minutes before getting to the actual video rooms and was told they were not operating at capacity, I would surely be emailing Disney as soon as I got home voicing my displeasure. Disney are the ones advertising little to no wait time for a 3.5 hour event. I'm sorry, but 45 minutes does not constitute little to no wait time for the price being paid. For what they are charging, they need to make sure the experience matches to what they are advertising.

In my opinion the only time I can see 45 minutes being valid is if you got in line right at regular park close, and they were still cycling through day guests that got in line at the last minute. However, no one should be waiting 45 minutes an hour or two into the after hours event.

Admittedly, we were at the second AK DAH (December 12), so attendance might have been less than the more recent ones. I rode FoP three times in an hour and a half, from entry to FP line to exit from building, and we were very slow climbing up the mountain at the entry. There was a delay riding the third time due to some kind of problem - we watched the first preshow video in a room on the right and then had to leave that room, wait a number of minutes on the loading dock, and then were sent to a preshow room on the left (yes, we had to watch the entire preshow again).

I waited that long to get to the videos before entering the ride.

Usually I would agree with you about cast members and their knowledge on certain subjects being iffy at best, but they're operating the ride. I think they know if they're running at full capacity or if they shut down a portion of it. It's not a technical question that requires multiple interpretations imo. Can only go by what I was told. They were pretty confident in saying so.
I'm sure they knew it was at half capacity just not why

They told me because its after hours, makes sense doesnt it? Less people at the park, means less demand, fewer employees. Sometimes the simple, most logical answer is exactly that.
They typically shut down half of space mountain too during dah so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the correct reason

They typically shut down half of space mountain too during dah so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the correct reason
I feel like this is slightly different though. There are 20+ more attractions to do at MK. There are about 5 for AK. Still not sure why they don’t operate primeval whirl, not a great attraction but it’s something.

I feel like this is slightly different though. There are 20+ more attractions to do at MK. There are about 5 for AK. Still not sure why they don’t operate primeval whirl, not a great attraction but it’s something.
Oh I’m not siding with Disney and saying what they’re doing is right because it absolutely is not but I can see how they would try reasoning it

Lol, because Disney knows/concedes no one would go on it!!! :laughing:

I would!! I've never been on it at night and think it would be a blast! Of course I'm also apparently the only person who enjoys it during the day too...

We are going to the AH at MK on the 17th and were just talking about trying out the one at AK. Thanks to those who have reported in with your experiences! We are going to skip it unless for some reason they offer deeply discounted tickets for it due to not selling enough tickets. I think that used to happen in the early days of the event at MK but doubt it will in this case. Even with our DVC discount, it doesn't sound like it will be worth it otherwise.

I would!! I've never been on it at night and think it would be a blast! Of course I'm also apparently the only person who enjoys it during the day too...

Add my DH to that list - he drags me on it because he knows I hate it!

Wait, so your wait wasn't 45 min but the total time, from getting in line till walking out?

Correct. 45min experience time. Here's my post from earlier: "Our total experience time was 45min (from entering line to exiting), not just waiting to load. FOP just has a long experience time in general with those 2 holding rooms, but I knew that going in."
Second time thru it took us 30min. We *thought* the first time took longer due to lots of ECVs transferring, but maybe it was due to running at a lower capacity as another poster suggested.
In general, line was very consistent to what you would expect doing a FP during the day. Walked all the way thru to second FP scan, full lines and a hold up in the loading area. I don't think we've ever made it thru in less than 30min. The ride just has a longer experience time in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter