Disney Adulting

Thank you for your ideas!! I am really loving reading about what everyone likes to do!

We don't have kiddos, so every trip is a mix of us being big kids and adulting. From more of an adult POV we'll do the following -

Really love Trader Sam's which I know you're already planning on, it's a ton of fun! While you're at the Poly, you can also catch the nightly fireworks from the beach or the pier which is super romantic, even just strolling round the grounds at night is lovely. Loved taking the ferry at night from Magic Kingdom over to the resort too.

We also quite like heading to Disney Springs in the evenings, and have spent some late nights at Raglan Road Irish Pub. Great for enjoying a pint to live music & dance, a very boisterous & enjoyable atmosphere we've found.

Also trying some of the different restaurants out like Sanaa (that bread service is SO good), Wine Bar George (Disney Springs), Skipper Canteen (MK), 'Ohana for dinner (Polynesian).

We're also usually there during either Flower & Garden or Food & Wine, so love doing a super chill day at Epcot strolling through World Showcase sampling different food and drinks and getting a few rides in as well (usually before said drinks).

And definitely revel in a pool day at our Disney Resort, just reading and relaxing at least one day between all the park hopping.

Have a wonderful time! :)

Yeah, I would have loved for DH and I to do highway in the sky when we go, but unfortunately, it isn’t offered in November

Look at some of the menus online - here, Disney World, AllEars...
Design your own plan. I'd base it almost entirely on appetizers, so you can order a few at each location and share.
We've done this around the Epcot Resorts, using the boat as our transportation.
I think my DH called it something like " Cruisin' for Cookin' " :laughing:

No kids, so all of our trips are adult ones. You have some great suggestions here. Another thing that we like to do is to take all of the (free) boat rides available. The boats to the MK resorts are especially nice - particularly to WL. We also like the boats from Disney Springs to the various resorts; stopping at POFQ for beignets, of course! And of course, we take boat between Epcot and HS, and get out at the various resorts - or not. It’s often just nice to be on the water and relaxing.

We love people watching! My husband and I went without kids in 2017 and spent time in each park in a shady spot watching others go by. Of course we witnessed some drama (the phrase "You will not ruin this vacation for your mother!" is now a classic in our house), but it's also really fun to see people absolutely light up when they first see the castle or meet a character they were excited for.

Speaking of characters, you might also want to plan on meeting anyone you like but your kids aren't into. I'm a Scrooge fan (see avatar) but my kids could care less. It's easier to wait in long lines or hunt down a more obscure character without kids who just want to go on the next ride.

And of course, good food and adult beverages are a must, like others have said.

For those that have been to Jeelyrolls, is it better to go in a Saturday night or Sunday night? We want enough people for it to be fun and interactive but not so many we have no breathing room

FYI - on Sunday nights, the cover charge is waived for cast members, so it can be a little crowded. :hippie:

Magic Kingdom is “dry” but my wife and I enjoy a drink so there is a little work around. Get a reservation for an early dinner at Beauty and the Beast (on a magic hour night) order a bottle of Champaign or wine and ask for a To Go cup. The large cups almost fir the whole bottle. Boom. You can now have an adult beverage and enjoy Magic kingdom.

The Magic Kingdom is NOT in fact, dry. It was for such a long time! Hasn't been for quite a while 2 years or more. Jungle Navigation Co has great cocktails!

You have freedom to do what you want when you want. You’re not on your kids schedule. That’s really the difference.

I don’t drink, so I can’t really help you out there.

Hi, all! My DH and I will be headed to Disney in November without the kiddos for oncfor a first time ever adult only trip! While I know we will hit up F&W and probably check out Jellyrolls and Trader Sam’s, but was wondering what some of YOU like to do with an adults only trip?
I’ll let you know. We head down on the 25th for our first trip without the kids. Definitely gonna be different.

I just posted many of these suggestions on another post, so forgive me if you read hers too. I just wanted to be sure to answer to you directly, since I LOVE a good adult Disney trip!!

Here are some experiences I recommend:
1. Savor, Sip, & Sparkle, Celebration at the Top (this is at California Grill in the Contemporary) - we do this on nearly every trip to Disney World now. The food is great, the cast members treat us like gold, and I think it is a great value!
2. How about a fireworks cruise? We have always found this a great way to celebrate a special event.
3. We love doing a Monorail Drink-a-Thon (Disney has an official one, but we are kinda partial to the unofficial version we found online.) There is a company for FUNatics who sells personalized passports for really cheap (you can google it or send me a PM) - the passports outline a fun excursion where you visit each resort on the monorail line (and the two resorts accessible to the monorail line via boat for "extra credit") and go to one of the lounges/bars/restaurants for beverages and snacks. Super fun - we do this every trip now.
4. The Wilderness Back Trail Adventure tour on Segways is super fun.
5. Drink Around the World Showcase (the same company from the Monorail Drink-a-Thon has personalized passports for Epcot's World Showcase (Monorial Drink-a-Thon and Showcase Snacking) for drinking and eating around the World Showcase. We do this every trip too. Take some time to enjoy La Cava Tequila for the best margaritas and the Tutto Gusto wine bar in Italy is another great place to relax, enjoy some wine, and have a snack.
6. I second Jellyrolls - super fun for an evening after the parks.
7. Since will be there during the Food and Wine Festival, try Party for the Senses if you can swing it; it is AMAZING! Tons of stations of food, wine, beer, and mixed drinks, with just crazy good entertainment.
8. Also, during the Food & Wine Festival - we LOVED the meal at LaHacienda in Epcot where they had a several course meal paired with tequila - the tequila ambassadors are wonderful, the meal is wonderful, and the tequila helped me realize I like good tequila!
9. Other Food & Wine events we have enjoyed: the little classes that teach you how to make drinks or make a food item, the wine tasting classes, and some of the free courses in the Festival Center.
10. Visit Disney Springs - there are so many new places there! Our passport place also has a personalized passport called Sippin' and Snackin' in the the Springs, which is another fun excursion to try beverages and snacks in different places in Disney Springs.

Have so much fun!!

I just posted many of these suggestions on another post, so forgive me if you read hers too. I just wanted to be sure to answer to you directly, since I LOVE a good adult Disney trip!!

Here are some experiences I recommend:
1. Savor, Sip, & Sparkle, Celebration at the Top (this is at California Grill in the Contemporary) - we do this on nearly every trip to Disney World now. The food is great, the cast members treat us like gold, and I think it is a great value!
2. How about a fireworks cruise? We have always found this a great way to celebrate a special event.
3. We love doing a Monorail Drink-a-Thon (Disney has an official one, but we are kinda partial to the unofficial version we found online.) There is a company for FUNatics who sells personalized passports for really cheap (you can google it or send me a PM) - the passports outline a fun excursion where you visit each resort on the monorail line (and the two resorts accessible to the monorail line via boat for "extra credit") and go to one of the lounges/bars/restaurants for beverages and snacks. Super fun - we do this every trip now.
4. The Wilderness Back Trail Adventure tour on Segways is super fun.
5. Drink Around the World Showcase (the same company from the Monorail Drink-a-Thon has personalized passports for Epcot's World Showcase (Monorial Drink-a-Thon and Showcase Snacking) for drinking and eating around the World Showcase. We do this every trip too. Take some time to enjoy La Cava Tequila for the best margaritas and the Tutto Gusto wine bar in Italy is another great place to relax, enjoy some wine, and have a snack.
6. I second Jellyrolls - super fun for an evening after the parks.
7. Since will be there during the Food and Wine Festival, try Party for the Senses if you can swing it; it is OAMAZING! Tons of stations of food, wine, beer, and mixed drinks, with just crazy good entertainment.
8. Also, during the Food & Wine Festival - we LOVED the meal at LaHacienda in Epcot where they had a several course meal paired with tequila - the tequila ambassadors are wonderful, the meal is wonderful, and the tequila helped me realize I like good tequila!
9. Other Food & Wine events we have enjoyed: the little classes that teach you how to make drinks or make a food item, the wine tasting classes, and some of the free courses in the Festival Center.
10. Visit Disney Springs - there are so many new places there! Our passport place also has a personalized passport called Sippin' and Snackin' in the the Springs, which is another fun excursion to try beverages and snacks in different places in Disney Springs.

Have so much fun!!
Oh wow, thank you for such great ideas. We are leaving this Friday for Disney. DD now 21 and F&W festival appeals. Can you just walk up for Tequila tasting and how do you get those passports for around the world Drink-a-Thon? Thank you again :)

My gf and I are going in November for 5 days (3 park days). Our park days are pretty standard (with some adulting like F&W, Oga's, etc. mixed in). Some of the things we've talked about doing on the non-park days:
  • Happy hour and Dinner at Destino Tower at Coronado Springs (already have ADR for Toldeo Tapas and Steaks).
  • Disney Springs bar hopping (The Edison, Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar, Raglan Road, etc.)
  • Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire VR at Disney Springs (OK maybe this isn't so much an adulting thing but still it is AWESOME)
  • Pool/resort hop
  • Sea Raycer Boat Rental at Seven Seas Lagoon
Also, one thing we're going to do on one of our non-park days is visit my favorite non-Disney bar in that area (I used to live/work at Disney so know the area fairly well), Miller's Orlando Ale House. There are several in the area. One is right near AK, off of Hwy 192 just off property. It's a sports bar, but a local favorite. The Zinger Melt....man. And it's nice to get a break from INSANELY expensive alcohol too haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!