Disney’s Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way

I am completely, 100% against the removal of the center water feature. I get the removal of asbestos, maintenance issues with the fountain and ADA compliance babble, but why can't those things be addressed while maintaining the iconic center feature? I can't believe for the life of me that the only logical solution is to axe it completely. Isn't this the same company that turned swamp land into the most visited place on the planet, constructed a gigantic golf ball as an attraction that millions ride annualy and replicated Yellowstone's Lodge in the middle of Orlando, FL (actually, they made it better)?

I suppose I shouldn't get my "bloomers" in a wad until we see the finished product, but I don't like the sound of it and can't see this being an improvement. I hope I eat my words, but don't see that happening. If a new gift shop opens up in the center of the GCH where the fountain once was, we'll know for sure that the bean counters know exactly what's best for us and our beloved resorts, and that the guest experience means absolutely nothing.

Bang on, I hope I will be eating crow but I doubt it. Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$. Do you think the top Disney Exec's and bean counters with the same amount of personality and imagination as this brick wall I am looking at care about the nostalgia of one of their classic resorts? Heck no, it means nothing to them, a gift shop would not surprise me at all.

I bet this same crew of people would never even contemplate about maybe adding a hot tub or two, and perhaps a work out facility? I know I am shooting for the stars here, heck why should I expect theses amenities at the Poly when I can get them at the Red Roof Inn on the 192.

Bang on, I hope I will be eating crow but I doubt it. Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$. Do you think the top Disney Exec's and bean counters with the same amount of personality and imagination as this brick wall I am looking at care about the nostalgia of one of their classic resorts? Heck no, it means nothing to them, a gift shop would not surprise me at all. I bet this same crew of people would never even contemplate about maybe adding a hot tub or two, and perhaps a work out facility? I know I am shooting for the stars here, heck why should I expect theses amenities at the Poly when I can get them at the Red Roof Inn on the 192.
they are supposed to be redoing the pool area and adding a hot tub. No word on a work our facility. Yes it is all about the money but they are not putting a gift shop in the middle of where the fountain is. There is supposed to be a new smaller water feature.

The thinning of the lobby furniture and props has already begun. Cast Connection got the drums, carved torch lamps, and some of the rattan chairs last week.

so we are going to dw april 27-may 1. I originally had a room at boardwalk inn and would be staying there for the first time per good reviews. I will be with 3 small children alone and decided monorail might be important! I called reservations and she talked me into staying poly garden club with the special pricing. I switched my reservations.
I have since read about all of the construction. she mentioned nothing about construction. I talked to her at least 20 minutes.
I tried to switch back to boardwalk and of course it is unavailable! I am so upset as we have saved and saved for a wonderful trip. I asked to speak with a manager and she basically said sorry and they were sending out letters about construction. Really ticks me off!!!
can anyone make me feel better about the construction situation? is our trip ruined??

so we are going to dw april 27-may 1. I originally had a room at boardwalk inn and would be staying there for the first time per good reviews. I will be with 3 small children alone and decided monorail might be important! I called reservations and she talked me into staying poly garden club with the special pricing. I switched my reservations.
I have since read about all of the construction. she mentioned nothing about construction. I talked to her at least 20 minutes.
I tried to switch back to boardwalk and of course it is unavailable! I am so upset as we have saved and saved for a wonderful trip. I asked to speak with a manager and she basically said sorry and they were sending out letters about construction. Really ticks me off!!!
can anyone make me feel better about the construction situation? is our trip ruined??

Well, the QS restaurant will be closed, but there will be an alternate QS location set up. They are not due to start construction on the Volcano main pool until the end of July, so it looks like you're safe there.

They are starting construction in stages on the lobby. Personally, the only time I am in the lobby is to check in. So, I'm not sure if this is very important to you.

Most of the major outside construction now is by the two buildings that have been closed off for DVC conversion, the view from parts of Hawaii and surrounding walkways. Make a resort request far away from that area.

I'll think you'll be o.k.

While it is kinda shady to not mention the construction, you're trip is only ruined if you let it be ruined. Just remember, there is no such thing as a totally stress free trip and you can't do everything in a month, much less 4 days. Take a deep breath, sprinkle yourself with some pre-trip Pixie Dust, pixiedust:, and relax. Spend your time picking the one or two things that are most important for your family to do or see in each park you plan to visit and plan accordingly.

If this is your kids first trip to Disney, they will be so excited they won't even think about what's going on at the resort. Keep your focus on the joy and amazement they will show with each character meet, new ride experience, and fireworks show. Because as much fun as Disney can be for adults, it's nothing compared to watching my kids (7 & 2) get excited when they meet their favorite characters, especially when Mickey called them by name and joked around with them. (He only speaks at the meet & greet in the theater in MK).

I don't know if that helps, but I do hope your family has a truly magical time.

While it is kinda shady to not mention the construction, you're trip is only ruined if you let it be ruined. Just remember, there is no such thing as a totally stress free trip and you can't do everything in a month, much less 4 days. Take a deep breath, sprinkle yourself with some pre-trip Pixie Dust, pixiedust:, and relax. Spend your time picking the one or two things that are most important for your family to do or see in each park you plan to visit and plan accordingly. If this is your kids first trip to Disney, they will be so excited they won't even think about what's going on at the resort. Keep your focus on the joy and amazement they will show with each character meet, new ride experience, and fireworks show. Because as much fun as Disney can be for adults, it's nothing compared to watching my kids (7 & 2) get excited when they meet their favorite characters, especially when Mickey called them by name and joked around with them. (He only speaks at the meet & greet in the theater in MK). I don't know if that helps, but I do hope your family has a truly magical time.

This is so true, it will only be ruined if you let it, like a wedding day go in with the right attitude and nothing not even a little rain can ruin it! If you truly cant get over it why not consider another resort? Or port Orleans, they are super close to magic kingdom? Whatever you. Choose Once your there and you see those little eyes light up everything nothing else will matter :) enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter