Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had chosen to sit out the discussion on a tour since people wouldn't have to even slow down walking past to see mine. However, I was waiting for the inevitable mention ....

And so when PaHunter did shots fired:

il_794xN.1703946690_eqcu.jpg

well, there it is.

giphy.gif

Come by, poke your head in, and then move on to the big luxurious living rooms that are sitting on the other sites.

Being small and simple has its advantages.

Bama Ed

PS - I can't remember last time I couldn't close my slideout. Never had to decide on if I should go with a residential refrigerator. Sealing the roof has never been a thing for me. And I have no personal experience with water intrusion. Oh and buying tires doesn't require me to sell a kidney .....

Last edited:

Ah. The good old days.

j

Yep, know what you mean ... started with a 18' TT, traded for a 31' FW and added 3/4 ton truck, traded for a 34' FW and added 1 ton diesel truck. I gotta admit that the 34' + 1 ton truck is very nice but with size and nice comes some consequences. Such as "fitting" into a site, slide out issues, roof issues, and a few other "things". That little 18' TT would fit anywhere and there wasn't much that could go "south".

Is there a head count for food prep?
Is there a list of what food items people are bringing?
We have 2 tables.
We have 2 EZ ups.
Do you want us to bring them?

Is there a head count for food prep?
Is there a list of what food items people are bringing?
We have 2 tables.
We have 2 EZ ups.
Do you want us to bring them?

Denise,
We will have 2 ez up tents on our site. Pending rain,🌧 I would think that should do. If it rains we can all pile in to @bama_ed A-liner for the evening.🎩🐰
Tables would be helpful, we have one, and more are always good.
For us, it is just us two.

I'm next door to Chris and have a 12x12 ease up also.

Have two folding tables as well.

For food I was gonna bring Zingers for dessert :rolleyes:
Also was thinking I'd bring the disposable plates and bowls.

I'll add a list to the opening post to keep track of it.

Just an FYI. I know some of you mentioned Dollywood. On June 6th it will be youngest DDs birthday. So we chose to let Madison plan the day. She chose Dollywood. In pricing tickets it appears that they cannot be purchased more than 45 days out, so you'll need to plan accordingly to get your tickets if you plan to go. Looks like 1 day tickets are $79, two day $99, and 3 day $109. Their version of the Fastpass is a card with 8 slots on it. You get to pick 8 rides to essentially jump to the front of the line. It appears to cost $44. There is an unlimited card, but I figure with the food, shows, and rides 8 would probably do.

So looks like my Dollywood day is June 6th.

Just an FYI. I know some of you mentioned Dollywood. On June 6th it will be youngest DDs birthday. So we chose to let Madison plan the day. She chose Dollywood. In pricing tickets it appears that they cannot be purchased more than 45 days out, so you'll need to plan accordingly to get your tickets if you plan to go. Looks like 1 day tickets are $79, two day $99, and 3 day $109. Their version of the Fastpass is a card with 8 slots on it. You get to pick 8 rides to essentially jump to the front of the line. It appears to cost $44. There is an unlimited card, but I figure with the food, shows, and rides 8 would probably do.

So looks like my Dollywood day is June 6th.
Also, just a heads up for anyone going more than a couple of days or if you think you might want to go back, their “Gold Annual Pass” is a decent deal. It gives you 20% off ALL food and merch, discounts off the Time Saver pass, free parking, and discounts for several of the shows as well as 50% off Silver Dollar City in Branson.

Usually we do one gold pass for the free parking and discounts and one regular pass. The gold passes are $229 and the regular are $144.

The week we are there, Dollywood is closed on Tuesday 8-June.

I used to go to Dollywood more than Disney so if anyone has any Dollywood questions I’ll help as best I can.

My only knocks on Dollywood are:
1. Their steel roller coasters will not accommodate a person who is a little "thicker" such as myself. They did, at least before COVID, have test seats out front like Disney did so if you are concerned you can try it first.
2. They've lost a lot of that family feel they used to have. Even before COVID, they had gotten rid of most of their roving characters that used to interact w/guests and a lot of their heart warming shows and are sticking to mostly music now. They've also cut back heavily on their crafters that they used to have year round. I used to love their wagon making shop but it's gone. They're really turning into more of an "amusement park"

Things you must try
  • Cinnamon bread from the grist mill located in Craftsman's Valley
  • If you like pork skins, they cook them fresh daily also in Craftsman's Valley
  • Kettle corn, hands down my favorite. Located in Rivertown Junction
  • They have a real live coal fired steam train that takes a loop around the mountains
  • Arc's favorite ride, Smoky Mountain River Rampage. My all time favorite raft ride at a theme park
    • Not sure if they have it w/COVID but they used to have stations setup where you could drop quarters in and squirt people passing by. Loved it lol
If you’ve never been to Dollywood for Christmas season, I highly recommend it. Their Christmas lights are some of the best I've ever seen. Nothing like a Christmas at Dollywood.

Last edited:
We are planning to do Dollywood also ... never been there and the wife wants to go. I'm not certain what day, we arrive on the 6th so, that day is out and since the "gathering" is the 7th, that day is out. We've been to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg many times so, I'm not certain what our days will bring.

I do know that I will be doing some hiking ... from the picnic table to the beer in the fridge or the other adult beverage(s) and back to the picnic table again :rolleyes1

We are season pass holders for Dollywood. We really enjoy our time there. It moves at a little different pace than Disney. Its also only 5 hours dive as compared to 14 hours to Disney. The rides are quality rides and the live entertainment is pretty good also. As Bishoparc stated, Christmas time is definitely worth a visit. The lights really are something to see and the "real" steam engine ride to the top of the mountain and back at night is so popular that this past Christmas season you had to get a ride reservation when you entered the park to ensure that you had a spot on the train......especially at night.

This is from the train on our way up the mountain looking back at Dollywood.
Many of the trees have their trunk and branches wrapped in lights.

These are lights hanging from the trees in Craftsman's Valley. They look like dripping icicles in a really cool shade of blue. Actually I posted this picture to show off my beautiful daughter and her husband (a former 8 year Marine. He is a good man, husband and father to that cute little guy in the middle.} and my grandson Archer.
Steve

Many of the trees have their trunk and branches wrapped in lights.
The wrapped trees are my absolute favorite. That and the buildings outlined w/lights. Disney could definitely learn a thing or two from Dollywood about Christmas decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter