Dishwasher leaked, damaged wood floors

How old is your dishwasher? We just had the same problem. Our dishwasher was still under warranty so they actually paid for it. Due to the layout of the floorboards all laying the same way throughout the rooms and there being no transition from one room to the next, our whole downstairs was done. Only thing not done was our bedroom because it has a transition

I just went through this... walked through the kitchen one morning to find water coming up through the laminate flooring. Fridge had been leaking between the planks and flowing over the slab and wicked up the walls for at least a week before discovery. After 6 days (Memorial Day Weekend) with cut out walls and industrial fans the adjust came out and said the entire first floor would have to be re-floored (1,200 sf), all new paint, all new floorboards, all new kitchen cabinets, counters, laundry room. It was a complete unplanned remodel. I ended up installing tile that looks like walnut hardwood. Including the cost of the new fridge, I was out of pocket about $2k on a $23k plus job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter