Discovering a healthier me!! Lisa's weightloss journal!!

lisam427

DIS Veteran
Good evening everyone! My name is Lisa. I have been on other boards/low carb forums but got a lot of crap for choosing the meal plan I am on. It is not Keto. Me to works for a lot of people . I do use a lot of keto recipes but I modify the recipes by not using all of the fat. I also eat beans which some on it to do not do.

I am going to do some south beach diet but my focus will be protein and low carb. I will be starting phase one on monday. I am starting meal prep. Tonight I made 4 servings of egg bake which I will be eating for breakfast or lunch during the week and I made Angel eggs (hardboiled eggs, light mayo, ff Greek yogurt). I am soaking black beans and tomorrow I will be making a pot of black bean soup. It will be an easy dinner to have with a salad and I will freeze it in individual containers. I like to have things in the freezer made up ahead of time as in doing so I end up avoiding eating out and unhealthy crap.

I also use protein shakes on mornings/snacks that I don't feel like eating or making breakfast or snack ahead of time. Will be starting the rest of my meal planning tomorrow as I normally plan my meals for the week on Sunday.

I found a lot of free exercise classes on zoom. I also have a workout room set up in an extra bedroom. I plan on using this daily. with the virus I feel it's safer and gyms have been closing on and off.

I am really glad this is here. I plan on posting here everyday what I ate and what I did for exercise. I will be doing the old south beach diet plan where phase one lasts two weeks. After phase one then I go to phase two until I hit my goal of 175 pounds.

Last edited:
Did really well today
Breakfast protein shake
Lunch shrimp stir fry with veggies and sugar free teriyaki
Snack 2 hard boiled eggs with lite mayo ff yogurt
Dinner loin pork chop. Steamed broccoli sugar free jello
Exercise 35 minutes belly dancing

Did really well today
Breakfast protein shake
Lunch shrimp stir fry with veggies and sugar free teriyaki
Snack 2 hard boiled eggs with lite mayo ff yogurt
Dinner loin pork chop. Steamed broccoli sugar free jello
Exercise 35 minutes belly dancing
Sounds delicious. You go!

good morning everyone,
this morning i was lazy and did not pack anything. today it will be protein shakes and maybe a protein bar. didnt make the black bean soup i was planning so i will get that done tonight and freeze it in meal sized containers. also thinking of baking some chicken breast or buying some already cooked chicken breast for salads for lunch. tonight i took out a ham steak for dinner so i will be having ham steak and green beans. Husband and i will be doing yoga together tonight. we set up a workout room in a spare room that we have. i found so many free online resources for virtual classes. i went to five below and i am amazed at the tons of fitness equipment they have there. i bought a step for step aerobics, yoga mats, blocks and straps, and a jump rope. i have a spin bike (bought before covid) weights and a bench. Lots of workouts on youtube and zoom. i will never need to buy a gym membership again.

Doing good the last few days. Been doing good with eating but lazy. Been sticking with a few protein shakes during the day. Have black bean soup simmering on the stove and chicken breast defrosting. Going to cook the chicken ahead for salads. During the weekend going to chop up chicken, hard boiled eggs, veggies and salad fixings ahead so it can make a quick healthy lunch.
Tonight had veggie and low fat cheese omlette. Did yoga and worked out on the eliptical.

Still doing well! Today did 52 min of belly dancing. Breakfast was a protein shake. Lunch was egg and egg white bake with veggies no cheese and a small salad with zero carb dressing. Snack was a deviled egg. For dinner I took 93 % lean ground beef and we had burgers . I had mine on a lettuce bun with onion pickles sugar free catsup and mustard. I am full. If I get hungry later I mix nonfat Greek yogurt with some Splenda and have that as my snack.

breakfast black coffee with chocolate protein powder
lunch egg/veggie bake, salad with reduced fat ranch
dinner baked chicken breast with sugar free bbq sauce, steamed green beans
snack sugar free jello and or fat free greek yogurt with splenda.
did 30 minutes of yoga this morning. going to do something else tonight
tonight i will be running to the store to get some veggies. going to do salad prep. i defrosted a few pounds of boneless chicken breast. going to prepare it along with veggies in different ways. that way when i need easy lunches next week i can quickly throw together i can just toss things in a container the night before and thats it.

Last edited:
Good morning. Down 4 pounds this week. This is my day yesterday

breakfast protein coffee
Lunch zero carb egg wrap chicken breast lettuce laughing cow cheese wedge
dinner sheet pan chicken fajitas over salad wi th reduced fat ranch
snack protein coffee

did a 52 minute step class off of you tube. Husband set up a fitness room for me a bit ago. We went to five below and got a yoga mat, blocks, and straps, and a step for step classes. Ordered weighted drum sticks from the pound website to do pound classes. We have weights, spin bike, a bench, resistance bands, and a heavy bag. I now pretty much can do anything at home and found tons of free virtual classes.

My day yesterday
Breakfast protein coffee
Lunch ordered chipotle got a burrito bowl with cauliflower rice chicken and fresh salsa. No regular rice beans or cheese. Just chicken and veggies
Dinner steak and cucumber
Nonfat Greek yogurt with splenda
Today
Breakfast protein coffee
Lunch chicken breast in a salad with additional veggies like bell pepper ,broccoli,cucumber and light salad dressing
Dinner baked loin porkchop, green beans
Snack either protein shake or nonfat Greek yogurt

Will do an hour of zumba today. Did 30 minutes beginners yoga yesterday. Plan for me is to do pound or barre two to three times a week any cardio two to three times a week and yoga once a week. Would like to get down to 175 pounds.

Last edited:
Breakfast protein pancakes sugarfree syrup
Lunch grilled chicken. Cut up veggies dipped in fat free Greek yogurt and ranch powder
Dinner black bean soup with a scoop of unflavored protein powder
Snack protein coffee

Exercise 60 minutes Rick Bhullar indoor walking. (Youtube)

Breakfast protein pancakes sugarfree syrup
Lunch grilled chicken and hardboiled egg in a salad with a tablespoon of blue cheese and a tablespoon of light ranch
Dinner egg white omlette with sauteed veggies in cooking spray and reduced fat cheese.
Snack protein coffee

Exercise 60 minutes Zumba Strong workout on zoom

Protein coffee
Zero carb egg white wrap Turkey breast lettuce dill pickle
Low carb meatloaf (no breadcrumbs or oatmeal) , steamed broccoli
Snack non fat Greek dressing with ranch powder and cut up veggies

60 minutes zumba

Not hungry this morning. Will play it by ear today. So far I am working on a protein shake. Will post an update to see how the day goes.

Wasn't hungry yesterday. For lunch ended up having a scoop of protein mixed with nonfat Greek yogurt and dinner was grilled chicken Greek salad . Weighed myself I am down another 3 pounds.

Breakfast protein shake
Lunch salad with deli ham and chicken breast and light dressing
Dinner low carb Swedish meatballs steamed broccoli
Snack protein shake

Not sure about exercise today. I have the option of a zumba toning class , zumba (both online thru zoom) or anything on YouTube.

Ended up doing a 90 minute zumba class yesterday. Not sure what i am going to do today for exercise.

Breakfast protein mug cake
Lunch zero carb egg white wrap deli ham and turkey lettuce pickle laughing cow cheese
Dinner baked chicken leftover veggies from yesterday
Snack protein coffee

Last edited:
did 48 minutes of yoga yesterday. tonight i will either do pound, zumba strong or zumba toning. starting this monday, i plan on doing one day of yoga, two toning classes (like pound etc) and the rest cardio each week. i need to start doing my abs daily but have been slacking on that. might start that today.

breakfast protein mug cake
lunch egg salad with lite mayo, cucumber slices, dill pickle
Dinner Asian chicken salad using the leftover chicken i made last night, lettuce, cucumber and homemade asian peanut dressing.
snack protein coffee

breakfast protein coffee
lunch egg white bake with veggies, salad lite dressing
dinner low carb breakfast pizza-zero carb white egg wrap, tablespoon of real bacon bits, reduced fat cheddar, scrambled egg/egg whites, salsa, bell peppers and onions baked in oven until cheese is melted.
snacks protein coffee or greek yogurt with splenda

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter