Disappointed with LeCelier and Prime Time

disgram

DIS Veteran
We were in the World two weeks ago and I was so looking to both these meals with my DGDs. Both were such a disapointment.
The waiter at LeCelier was fantastic and that is all I can say good about the experience. My one DGD had the shrimp appitizer and it was uneatable. The shrimp were soggy and the waasabe was way too hot, and we both like hot and spicy food. I had the Chedder Cheese soup. I remember last year, it was hot and very good! Not so this year. There was such a stong taste of the beer and it was cold! Other DGD had the salad and that was not too bad. We all had the smaller steak and it was either too tough to eat or so rare that my DGD got sick just looking at it! By the time we caught our waiter's attention,(he was covering 5 or 6 tables!) all the steaks were cold! The waiter apologized and offered to take the steaks back but we had had enough. It was the worst meal we had at WDW this year. We won't be going back.
At the Prime Time, which we have gone to on every trip, the food again was not up to par. The girls opted for onionrings and they were greasy and not very good. They decided to stick to the children's menu and so they had the chicken strips and mac and cheese. They didn't like the mac and cheese and the green beans were overcooked. I had the pot roast that I have had almost everytime I go there and it was awful!!!:eek: The meat was tough and just swimming in grease. Didn't finish this either. The girls did get ice cream and I got the brownie sundae and these were the best part of the meal. We will not be going back here again, either. I shall miss both places.

I am with you. After two horrible experiences the last couple years at Le Cellier, it has been unfortunately been scrapped from our list. It used to be a "not to be missed", but no more. There are many other places that are much better these days.

disgram: Thanks for the info about LeCellier and Prime Time. I am trying to finalize our dining plans and am choosing between Prime Time and Mama Melrose. Did you eat any places that you would recommend?

An honest question:

If you have returned to these restaurants b/c of good meals before, why would not return based on just ONE visit? I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

We will be eating at both of these places on our upcoming trip. LeCellier on the 16th and Prime Time on the 18th. I'll let you know what we think! I refuse to try to change anymore ADRs based on what people say. We are going to the luau too, despite all the bad reviews. I'm willing to give everything a try! Sorry your meals weren't good, but did any place really do it for you? Would you recomend one place over any others? Just curious.

Hi - We visited both of these restaurants a few weeks ago. Le Cellier did not disappoint, tho the service was rushed. DD ate all those shrimp in wasabi and downed a full glass of water afterwards!
JMHO, but LeCellier's major strength is the steaks. Everyone talks about Pretzel bread , Cheddar Cheese soup -( and the beer issue always seems to be a determining factor!!!) and the Maple Creme Brulee - but for us, the quality and charring and proper cooking of the steaks is the big draw.
If I were unhappy with those steaks - :tinker: POOF! Back to the kitchen!!!!

As for Prime Time - I totally agree that the pot roast was stringy and greasy and that the quality is not as I remembered it on previous visits.

So sorry you had a hard time.

. . . The waiter at LeCelier was fantastic and that is all I can say good about the experience . . .

1) Yep.
2) And people berate me for saying that Le Cellier is highly overrated.
3) I know better.
4) It had become commonplace.

EDIT: In fact, Le Cellier has had two "critical" health code violations on each of the last two inspections.

1) Yep.
2) And people berate me for saying that Le Cellier is highly overrated.
3) I know better.
4) It had become commonplace.

EDIT: In fact, Le Cellier has had two "critical" health code violations on each of the last two inspections.

OMG, you are kidding!:scared1: I have lunch ressies there next month, and now I'm scared. Can you gues what the violoations were? How often are they inspected?

I ate at Le Cellier during the week of 8/26-9/1 on the DDP. I was with a party of 11, mix of adults teens and 2 children. We had an exceptional meal. The filet mignon and the 14 oz. sirloin were both VERY tender. Our food arrived hot and the whole party thought the steaks were excellent. The place was packed, but we didn't feel hurried ( we were there for almost an hour and a half. You can hit a bad meal anywhere once in a while I hope you have better luck in the future.

DH & I ate at LeCellier for lunch on 9/8 and we loved it. DH had the steak sandwich which he loved and I had the 5 oz filet which was wonderful - at first i thought it was really small - but combined with the cheese soup (which could have been hotter) and a surprise birthday mousse, it was just the right amount of food. We definitely would return and I've been trying to get a ressie for dinner - but without luck so far. 2 Thumbs up from DH & me :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

cyn

I have to stick up for Le Cellier. We ate there last month and it was wonderful. 3 of us had the cheese soup and it was excellent and served hot. I didn't notice any overpowering beer flavor. DS17 had the shrimp appetizer and he enjoyed them. DH, who is a big steak eater had the steak and it was cooked perfectly. I tasted it and it was very tender and juicy. I wasn't overly hungry so I just got the mixed green salad and they put grilled chicken on it for me. Our server was so nice. The meals took a long while to come out and she brought us more breadsticks plus at the end of the meal she took 20% off.

OMG, you are kidding!:scared1: I have lunch ressies there next month, and now I'm scared. Can you gues what the violoations were? How often are they inspected?

I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Looking through the inspections, some of the restaurants in the area (offsite) have up to 72 violations - 27 of which were critical!

OMG, that's scary! How did you find that out, is there a way to search violations to see which WDW restaurants have violated?

I have to say that my family raved about Le Cellier but personally, I felt it was overrated. Maybe my experience was tainted by something I saw right before we ate (not food related, guest related- a lady ran into the rest room and I believe she was choking on something that was too spicy from the look on her face. I called immediately for assistance as I thought that she might need an ambulance- she did not apparently need the heimlich which I have used on people in my own family in the past in fact- but she was apparently and suddenly very ill. I saw her later at her table and she seemed to have recovered, so I think she just got something too hot I bet it was the wasabi!)

Anyhoo, my family wants to go back but honestly? Given how hard it is to get in, etc, I'd rather lunch somewhere I really love or save up that TS credit and go to a truly amazing place like Narcoosees or Cali Grill.

Le Cellier was . . .nice IMO. But not the end-all be all of Disney Dining in my book.

Laren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter