Disability Discount? (calling CoasterFEV)

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
In an old post, CoasterFEV said that you can get a 20% disability discount just by asking for it at the gate or any Destination Universal location.

However, I was recently told (at the 363-8000 information line) that there is a 15% disability discount that you must request at the Will Call window and that a note from your doctor is required.

I've had enough experience with getting different information from different people on different days that I'd like to know what the real policy currently is?

For example, if you HATE coasters and thrill rides can you tell the ticket window that you have a bad back and get the discount??

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure" and
"The Other Orlando: What To Do When You've Done Disney & Universal"‡

Hey Kelly!

On the "proof" issue:

You only need proof if the disability is not readily visible. All Universal operators are required to state that proof is required (of course - just to avoid any potention issues once a guest reached the front gate).

But if a person is in their own (not Universal rented) wheelchair, has any visible physical disabilities (I'm trying to stay p.c. here), or even is visibly pregnant - the discount will be given with no question asked. After all, it would be just plain rude to ask for proof in that case.

Something like a bad back (unless you wear a brace), would probably require a note from a physician.

Also - any ticket window can sell the discounted disability ticket

Thanks for the info!

Is the discount 15% or 20%?

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure" and
"The Other Orlando: What To Do When You've Done Disney & Universal"‡

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!