• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disabilities pass at IOA

Minuet888

DIS Veteran
Hi I’m from LA so I know how the disabilities pass works here at universal Hollywood but every place is different. We are going for only one day in May to islands of adventure. No wheelchairs or anything (autistic son) how does the disabilities pass work there? Do we need to bring a doctors note like at six flags? (Six flags to get past ADA rules asks for a doctors note that doesn’t put a diagnosis just what the person can and can’t do, something I do have just in case)

No medical note required
Go to guest services either in the park or outside the park

A Team Member handles the disability passes

No medical note required
Go to guest services either in the park or outside the park

A Team Member handles the disability passes

thanks do you know if it’s like at Hollywood universal?
At the Hollywood one if the line is 35-40 minutes they put you right on. Anymore and they give you a return time.
ive heard Orlando universal has virtual cues but disability passes don’t need the virtual cue.

It's pretty similar at Universal Orlando. You either go in the express pass line right away or you get a return time.You can only have one return time, but can give up your current one to get a new one.

I've seen some mixed reports about rides that need the virtual queue. It may vary based on ride uptime and status. If you have a return time and a disability pass, you shouldn't need to get a return time, regardless of the queue length though. This can be handy, since you might be waiting an extended period of time for a virtual queue return time for say, Hagrid's.

I was curious about this as well. I've never had to get one but my cousin and her son who's autistic and can't really wait in lines is coming with us in June. The main thing I'm worried about is there will be 7 people in our party, so would we have to split up? Or would we all be able to return at the same time? The second day I'm taking my cousins son and my daughter by myself so that's a whole other thing to be nervous about. If anyone has any experience with the disabilities pass and larger parties and can share info I'd really appreciate it.

I can only share what happens in the Hollywood universal but if people are saying it’s the same it shouldn’t be a problem with parties under 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter