DIS Meet in AZ for Give Kids The World! Join us for a FUN WEEKEND! Oct 24-26

I was listening to the podcast and heard them say October. Since you were thinking about having the meet at Old Tucson, I would advise against trying for October. That is Old Tucson's busiest month with their Nightfall Halloween events. I think you'll probably get better rates/response from them for having a fundraiser there in November instead.

Another Arizonan here- just asked to join the facebook group so I can keep in the loop

Where are we in the process? Now that the holidays are over, we need to work hard on this meet if it is going to happen.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm in Tucson as well! I would love to help! I have a little one because my husband is doing a tour in Korea, but I do volunteer work. I can also volunteer to photograph the event.

Have you all considered Reid Park? I'm not sure about Old Tucson due to it being the busy season like someone else said. Or even Tohono Chul Park or The Desert Museum.

I just requested to join FB Group. I live in Phoenix but would be willing to help, let me know what I can do.

I know that Nicole started this meet, however work needs to get divided and done if it is going to happen. Nicole's thought was to have the meet in Tucson, but many of us are in phx. I think we have to plan to have the meet wherever we can get space and catering at the lowest cost. I contacted Rawhide, but they are unwilling to provide any discounts. I know that I can get a high school space at a low cost or no cost to host, but it's not a very inviting location. Anyone have connections to a nice space or to a restaurant to provide a discount for the function?

Hi everyone! Dramamama is right! It does need to get done. When I first had this idea I wasn't working... Just a housewife with a lot of free time.... Then I got a job first week of dec. and I've been working 8-12 hour days 6 days a week. My husband and I have been trying to adjust to this radical change in our lifestyle, since I haven't worked in 8 years. I'm a personal trainer and was really expecting my schedule to be way more flexible and far more "part time" than it's turned out to be. Secondly, I've been trying to contact the very few people from Tucson who contacted me and give them a chance to respond before attempting to move forward. Only two people have been in touch with me. One is going to be busy for most of the year and can't drive. The other is an RN with a schedule about as crazy as mine. She just emailed me a few days ago and I've been trying to see if there is a point where our schedules mesh and she and I could meet up. Then I saw these posts. Perhaps, a meet in PHX would be easier.... There certainly seems to be a greater DIS base there. And my circumstances have radically changed since I first proposed the idea. If Denise and all the peeps up in PHX want take this over and make it happen in PHX I fully support that. I would still be willing to help when I can; and definitely as it gets closer, I can try to manipulate my schedule to be more available to help. The occasional drive up to PHX is perfectly fine with me. Again, I am very sorry about not staying in touch with everyone better. I feel like my life has been spinning out of control since Dec. Thanks everyone for understanding. Whether it's in PHX or TUS, this meet could still be fantastic!

It's great to see 23 Dis-ers willing to help with this meet, but NOW is the time to start helping.

IF you are not on the FB group PLEASE request to be on it. It is

"AZ Give Kits The World DisMeet"

It is faster and easier to use the FB page.

We have a tenitive date of Oct. 25, but we need a free or low cost location. I think I can get a high school space, but that's kind of strange.

Who can Help?

Please see FB page for updates and information. We need committee volunteers.

It's great to see 23 Dis-ers willing to help with this meet, but NOW is the time to start helping.

IF you are not on the FB group PLEASE request to be on it. It is

"AZ Give Kits The World DisMeet"

It is faster and easier to use the FB page.

We have a tenitive date of Oct. 25, but we need a free or low cost location. I think I can get a high school space, but that's kind of strange.

Who can Help?

So glad to see all the progress that you guys have made. :cool1:

Here is the link to the Facebook page for the group:

AZ Give Kits The World DisMeet

The sign-up page is now active!!

http://www.eventzilla.net/web/event?eventID=2139038986

Here's the schedule:

Friday, Oct 24 6:30pm - Welcome Dinner @ Dave & Buster's, Tempe
Saturday, Oct 25 11:30am - DIS Meet @ Mountain View Church, Phoenix
Sunday, Oct 26, 7:301m - Trip to Grand Canyon

I'm sure the organizers are on their way over to fill in the details, but this should give you a head start.

See you there!

Looking forward to this meet. It is going to be so much fun hanging out with the Dis team, the auction, and the Halloween costume contest. I'm also excited for the trip to the Grand Canyon.
Don't forget to register.

Wow, just found out the costume contest has prizes. And it's Vinylmation. So looking forward to this. Also, if you heard the podcast this week, Michael has a great auction item from the Lassiter vineyard.

Who's going?

What day is the latest we can register for these events? I and my DH will for sure be going to the Saturday Main event and trying to work around some family issues for the Friday night event... We would love to do both. Just curious what the cut off is for both events. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2
PS. Super excited for the Halloween costume contest!!!! That is going to make for some great conversation.

What day is the latest we can register for these events? I and my DH will for sure be going to the Saturday Main event and trying to work around some family issues for the Friday night event... We would love to do both. Just curious what the cut off is for both events. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2 PS. Super excited for the Halloween costume contest!!!! That is going to make for some great conversation.

We would love to see you at the event. It will be fun to meet more disers and work for a great cause.

We need to have minimum registrations by Sept. 10. On the 11, I will need to confirm with the vendors.

Hope to see you there.

Don't forget to sign up. The registration deadline is Oct. 9th. We would love to see you there.

I thought I had heard that there was an online auction sight? Is this true? Can someone tell me how I can find it please? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter