Dis Exclusive Viva Italia 9/16 - 9/24/2014

Due to having to use vacation time on days I couldn't get into work (because of this miserable winter) I've had to cancel this trip. I will miss seeing all of you this year, but I'm sure our paths will cross on future adventures!

Jason

Sorry to hear that. You will be missed ��

Due to having to use vacation time on days I couldn't get into work (because of this miserable winter) I've had to cancel this trip. I will miss seeing all of you this year, but I'm sure our paths will cross on future adventures!

Jason

I am so sorry to hear that Jason!!!:sad1: Brian and I were really looking forward to traveling with you again!

Laurie

The tour group is willing to push the group size limit to 13 if needed

In order to avoid that other clients book any of the potential spots in the meantime, they have blocked off both the 5:30 and 6:15 pm tour for Monday September 15th. Once we are certain and ready to book, they will send the invoice to me via PayPal to reserve the tour.

This tour is not suitable for gluten-free or dairy-free dietary aversions, yet they can accommodate most others (vegetarians, no pork, etc.) We need to let them know full names and if there any dietary restrictions?

Great, Karen!! Thanks for organizing. Brian and I get in early that day so either time will work for us There are a couple of really interesting churches in Trastevere (St Maria di Trastevere and St. Cecilia) we might check out since they're in the area.

Laurie

Hey Karen...

John and I and our friends Kathy and Roger would like to participate!

We are good with either time.

Jason

That's terrible Jason. We will miss you!

The tour group is willing to push the group size limit to 13 if needed

In order to avoid that other clients book any of the potential spots in the meantime, they have blocked off both the 5:30 and 6:15 pm tour for Monday September 15th. Once we are certain and ready to book, they will send the invoice to me via PayPal to reserve the tour.

This tour is not suitable for gluten-free or dairy-free dietary aversions, yet they can accommodate most others (vegetarians, no pork, etc.) We need to let them know full names and if there any dietary restrictions?

Thanks Karen! Mike is looking forward to it.

Jason

Oh No !!!!! I Can't be reading this :badpc:
say it's
NOT
True :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Who is going to show us where to get gelato on a stick ???:sad::sad:

Seriously Jason - I totally understand that this must have been a very hard decision for you to make .. You will be missed and I'll try and bring you back a salted carm gelato..

Had a question for the group for those that had been before. I know the previous trip people were talking about doing an Angels and Demons tour while in Rome. Has anyone done the tour and would you recommend doing it? We are big fans of Dan Brown's books and this was something that interested us but wanted to make sure it was actually worth the money before booking a tour.

Had a question for the group for those that had been before. I know the previous trip people were talking about doing an Angels and Demons tour while in Rome. Has anyone done the tour and would you recommend doing it? We are big fans of Dan Brown's books and this was something that interested us but wanted to make sure it was actually worth the money before booking a tour.

I know several of us looked into doing it. It had some overlap with the ABD itinerary but not a lot. It just fell on the wrong day. I recall we would have had to make special arrangements for it because it wasn't offered the day before our ABD was to start. It looked really interesting, however.

Santa Maria della Vittoria (the Fire church) looks very close to our hotel in Rome.

Laurie

I know several of us looked into doing it. It had some overlap with the ABD itinerary but not a lot. It just fell on the wrong day. I recall we would have had to make special arrangements for it because it wasn't offered the day before our ABD was to start. It looked really interesting, however.

Was there a particular one that was being looked into? We were looking at this one: The Official Angels & Demons Rome Tour

They have a tour at 9:30 on the morning the ABD starts on the 16th so we would have the free time until dinner that night so it would work for this trip since we are getting in a day early.

Got a vest/Jacket a few weeks ago and love it! It has more hidden pockets than I have technology to put in all the pockets.

p3_fleece70-split_x-ray3.jpg

http://Www.scottevest.com

Looking over our itinerary, it seems like most of our dinners are on our own this trip. If anyone who's been before has any restaurant recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

Laurie

Looking over our itinerary, it seems like most of our dinners are on our own this trip. If anyone who's been before has any restaurant recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

Laurie

Laurie,

You all will be in a different area of the city in Rome than where we stayed in 2012, and you will be staying in Florence rather than Tuscany (and I am sure you heard about Cafe Saint Lorrenzo in Florence- a real gem).

Definitely recommend Osteria in Venice. Just a few blocks from the hotel, fantastic food. We ate there two nights, probably the best two dinners we had on our adventure.

Have a great trip!

Frank

Laurie

Hi - extra meals will be a breeze. Last time we went, the guides gave us fantastic suggestions they asked us all sorts of questions about price, food, casual or dressy etc and they made recommendations and in some case made reservations for us too. In Rome, we are staying in the same hotel as we did last time and right around the corner was a nice rest called Bernini - food and wine were both great - we had a seafood antipasta and I had a fantastic veal and ham dish - I forget the actual name - but it's very popular. The hotel is in walking distance to the trevi fountain and John and I ate in a very nice rest called Chianti near the fountain, then the next night Marilee, Dino, John and I went to the Jewish area ( that was a cab ride away ) and also had a great meal. John and I ate a Panini from a food truck by the Vatican ( something I would need to really think about doing in NYC ) we sat on a little ledge of some kinda statute . it was great !
In Florence and Venice we saw restaurants on every block . We are going to eat in a fantastic little rest calls San Lorenzo in Florence - GREAT GNOCCI . We stopped on the grand canal and ate pizza and had wine . We ate in a rest called ostere in venice and if you get really homesick there is a Hard Rock down the block from us in Rome and venice ... We visited them just to get hard rock stuff to bring home . eating was easy and it was such a wonderful experience - Everyone spoke English and by the middle of the trip, we could even understand some Italian to get along at least we think we did :rotfl2:

du-sidebar-show-notes

ORLANDO SHOW

UNIVERSAL SHOW

CONNECTING WITH WALT

DREAMS SHOW

DISNEYLAND SHOW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter