DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing some calculations, (uh-oh), and it seems that 1000 points under the new incentive would be around 83,000. Now, given that a new SUV costs around half that, a two income couple that just drive old cars and have no car payment could well afford the 1000 points. As for the maintenance fees, well that would entail some extra income, say 80 dollars per week.

Boy, call you tell I want to be on the list!!! :rotfl2:

Yes, I'm new.
Just added on 100 at the BCV for a total of 1000. All are October use year.
Asked for the add on of 100 in September and got the call the first week of October that the wait had come through.

hcortesis -- Congratulations and welcome to our little community on the DIS!

How cool!! :Pinkbounc I don't think we'll ever make into the 1000 point club, but the very thought of getting to spend 4+ weeks at Disney every year....dreamy bliss!
:-)

Hi guys, can I be updated?

Add 73 points to BCV December use year (7 month wait............long wait.....)

-Tony

greenban said:
Hi guys, can I be updated?

Add 73 points to BCV December use year (7 month wait............long wait.....)

-Tony

Tony, Congratulations! How did you come up with 73 points for an add-on?

I will post you now at 1173 total.

JimC Thanks for the update.

I wish I could explain the 73 points as the end product of advanced calculations :teacher: involving Ordinary Differential Equasions, Calculus, LaPlace Transforms and the cube root of the Lost numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42).

Or better yet the 73 points allow us to stay a full three months during the winter.

Sadly, the truth is much stranger, and perhaps sadder than that.

I had been on a waiting list for EITHER Sept. or Dec. BCV points, just one day shy of 7 months, when my guide called and said she had some available points. I took em all, which turned out to be 73 December points, still no September points available!

However, when the Contemporary DVC becomes available I will buy 127, or 227 points to 'even' my total out again!

;) -Tony

When I was in a little room signing papers in Nov. 91--there was a Dr. from Illinois who wanted to spend winter months at DVC as he did not want to buy a 2nd home. He bought the maximum amount of points Disney would sell to 1 person. I think he had enough for 3 months (?).
Anyone know what the maximum allowed was?

sigillaria said:
When I was in a little room signing papers in Nov. 91--there was a Dr. from Illinois who wanted to spend winter months at DVC as he did not want to buy a 2nd home. He bought the maximum amount of points Disney would sell to 1 person. I think he had enough for 3 months (?).
Anyone know what the maximum allowed was?

Welcome to the DIS and our forum :) I believe the maximum was 2,000 points.

I note your signature says you are contract number 270. Congratulations on a smart move on your part. We are part of the should have club. It took us ten years after our summer 92 tour to finally join.

The maximum at any one resort is 2000 points and a total of 5000 points.

Some have reported skirting these limits by having some points in the name of one party and more in the name of the spouse - so it is possible to hold more than 5000 DVC points.

WOW congrats to you all This is very nice.

If I ever hit the LOTTO I will buy MAX and I think it's great that when people

DO WHAT THEY WANT TO ENJOY THEIR MONEY.

Wow. That is a lot of points! I can't imagine getting to 1,000 posts here let alone 1,000 points with DVC. I'd mention the 1,000 plus people to my wife but I think she'd get really nervous...

Now I understand why the new dues increases are causing some stress....

Thanks to the new features on the DVC board I now know that I have 1555 points! :goodvibes Don't ask why I couldn't/didn't keep track. :confused3 I just would call and ask if I had enough points to book my current trip. Stupid I know. Now I will keep a closer eye on things.
I have my MF automatically deducted from my bank. I know I'm irresponsible. :blush:

Jim C:

Well I passed ROFR on a contract at OKW today, would you please add 1156 points to my total :)

And, yes I hope to buy CRV points when they become available to round up to an even number!

-Tony

(Currently grinning ear-to-ear!)

DVCforMe said:
Congrats Tony! Does that sweet OKW contract make up for the VWL that got away??? ::yes::

Ya know DVCforME that is a very good question......

And the answer is....

YES

:teeth:

-Tony

Excellent, Tony!

I learned from you and offered high on a triple-loaded BWV contract - still chewing on my finger nails waiting to hear on ROFR. Hopefully in time to book a BW Grand Villa for the 1/2 marathon next year. I need lots of room to lie prostrate on the floor for serveral days after the run :teeth:

Charlotte

Charlotte!

Let me wish a BIG GOOD LUCK and PIXIE DUST to you on this Wonderful Friday the 13th!!!

I don't know how you marathoners can do all that running, you guys are amazing.

:wizard: :wizard:

-Tony

Not to count others money but really, how do you use more than 1000 points/year? WOW!!!! I find it fascinating (and am a bit envious) (alot)!!!!

Maybe after I finish paying over $80,000./year in tuitions (in 11 more years) I can be a DVC super member too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter