DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how often do all of you 1000+ people go to Disney? Is it multiple trips or one big long trip?

jkovick said:
So how often do all of you 1000+ people go to Disney? Is it multiple trips or one big long trip?

Well -- speaking as a 'near' "club" member ( 922 pts @ BWV) I can say that we regularly try to attend the Flower & Garden Festival, The Food & Wine Festival, and a Christmas time visit with our points. Idealy each trip is at least 10 nights, split between BWV and OKW.

:)

Sounds wonderful. We only joined in 10/04 and are already considering an add on.

jkovick said:

Yes!

:goodvibes

-Tony

When we stayed at OKW back in Sept when Hurricane Jeanne came thru there was an "older" couple (Im in my 40's) that we started talking to at the little bar area. Not sure of the name of it but there are only like 5 seats in there and they had excellent conch fritters! But anyways...during the conversation they mentioned that they were staying for about 6 weeks! I couldn't believe it! They told us that they were DVC members and they were just super friendly. After the hurricane ripped thru we went back to the little bar area and there they were again! (or maybe still) Happy, tan and so relaxed. I was thinking to myself Wow...how fantastic to be able to spend that amount of time at OKW in Disney. I want to be just like that couple when I grow up! :) :) :)

:banana: I am definitely on my way to joining the club. We just joined in Nov 04 but have done 2 add ons and now have 850 pts. I am trying real hard to control myself but I am finding it harder and harder. I would love to retire to Disney in the winter months. That would be awesome!! I have about 30 yrs until retirement so I should be able to make the 3000 pnts by than!! Hope to join you soon !!! :cool1: :cool1:

jiggerj said:
When we stayed at OKW back in Sept when Hurricane Jeanne came thru there was an "older" couple (Im in my 40's) that we started talking to at the little bar area. Not sure of the name of it but there are only like 5 seats in there and they had excellent conch fritters! But anyways...during the conversation they mentioned that they were staying for about 6 weeks! I couldn't believe it! They told us that they were DVC members and they were just super friendly. After the hurricane ripped thru we went back to the little bar area and there they were again! (or maybe still) Happy, tan and so relaxed. I was thinking to myself Wow...how fantastic to be able to spend that amount of time at OKW in Disney. I want to be just like that couple when I grow up! :) :) :)

ME TOO!!!!

To all those who have 1000+ points BRAVO!!! I'm sure you have worked hard for what you have and should enjoy it.

I am curious ...how many other people stay for "extended" trips like mentioned above. I think that is FANTASTIC!!! :banana: :banana: Imagine what this couples grandchildren or children say......my grandparents live at WDW. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I was in the 1,000 point club. 500 at VWL and 500 at SS.

Believe it or not.....it was too many points for me and my family. Thus, I sold 500 points via TTS and I am very happy joining the 500 point club.

I thought there was a maximum of 2000 or 2500 points per person. How did someone get 3,500 points. Besides the maintenance is around $13,000 per year....ouch!!!!

:mickeybar

The way someone could have 3,500 is that there is a total you may own per resort and a total you may own over all - so I am guessing that the 3.500 owner is a multiple resort owner.

*wonders if there is anything I can do to butter Tom up to get started on those add-ons* :crazy:

Steamboat Bill said:
...I thought there was a maximum of 2000 or 2500 points per person. How did someone get 3,500 points. Besides the maintenance is around $13,000 per year....ouch!!!!

:mickeybar

I believe the maximum is 2,000 per resort and 5,000 overall. But I suspect some careful deeding can bypass this. Just as you can get around the $100,000 FDIC coverage at your bank, you could put contracts in your name, your spouse's name, you and your spouse's name, etc. It is possible that DVC would aggregate common control in their limitation but I don't believe that to be the case. Someone may be able to check the paperwork to be sure on this point.

cruise-o-matic said:
#12 Nanajo1 & #20 Nanjo1...... could "Nanjo1" be a typo?

Good question....I'll have to do some research on that one. Thanks.

Greetings from Nanajo1.
Due to a wishful math error I posted that I had 1400 points. A March 05 add-on brought my total to 1305. I would still like to find those 100 points! :goodvibes
We go to WDW twice a year. Taking our immediate family(children and grands)
every other T'giving. We take other family members on the off years and take couples only during our winter/spring trip.
Sorry for the confusion.

isyt said:
:banana: I am definitely on my way to joining the club. We just joined in Nov 04 but have done 2 add ons and now have 850 pts. I am trying real hard to control myself but I am finding it harder and harder. I would love to retire to Disney in the winter months. That would be awesome!! I have about 30 yrs until retirement so I should be able to make the 3000 pnts by than!! Hope to join you soon !!! :cool1: :cool1:

Yes I am quoting myself. I did it :cool1: !! Just found out that I passed ROFR on 2 150 pt contracts briunging me up to............1150 points :banana: :banana: !!!

I definetly need help!!! At least I am in club now ( I thought it would have taken me longer, oh well)!!!! :rotfl2:

I have no problem with the threat, though it does make me jealous. I, too, would be fascinated to hear how people with this many points use them. Long vacations, many vacation, GVs...? It would help color my dreams!

Wow, congrats to all those in the 1000+ points club. That's such a fantastic achievement!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter