Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Im intrigued. Only room for one more though?

Well, we have a car that fits up to 8 people reserved and 7 people going at this point - so one more in that car/van

We can definitely go beyond 8, just we would thenfow over into multiple cars - but we should be able to arrange that if there is interest

So I guess I should have said "room for one (or potentially more)" :)

Woke up early and booked the following:

Naples: 12:45 Pompeii: City of Beauty & Ruin (so happy to have gotten this without issue it's what we look most forward to.

Messina: 8:30 - 5:00 - Mt. Etna & Taormina

Crotone: 8:45 - 1:15 Charming Santa Severina’s Hilltop Village

Bari: 9:45- 1:45 Castellana Caves & Polignano a Mare

Sibenik: 8:45 - 1:15 The Krka Waterfalls & Town of Skradin

Venice: The 9:30 included St. Mark's at a Glance tour. Still debating if I want to book a gondola ride through them. I am also intrigued by the masks in Venice but I am not sure $80 a person is worth it to me to visit a workshop. I feel like I can wander on my own.

I am finalizing the Rome plans too. We arrive early 3/22 but don't want to make any set plans that day. Going to stay near Trevi Fountian so will probably venture there that day.

3/23 I am going to book the Underground Colosseum tour

3/24 I am doing the 7:20 am Vatican Sistine Express and St. Peter's Basilica (seems many of you are doing the same). Then at 2pm we will hitch a ride with some of you to port.

Who's getting excited!!??!!?

Seems several things are limited or sold out now. Hope everyone was able to get what they wanted for excursions.

Naples: Naples, Above & Below: A Walking Tour - 1 Spot Left
Naples: Pompeii: City of Beauty & Ruin - 12:45 Sold Out, 1:15 still available
Crotone: Ceraudo Winery & Calabrian Family Tradition - Sold Out
Bari: Conversano Cooking Class - Sold Out
Bari: Puglia’s White Cities - Sold Out
Šibenik:The Krka Waterfalls & Town of Skradin- Sold Out
Venice:Secrets of Doge’s Palace - Long Sold Out
Venice: An Evening Gondola Ride in Venice - 1 Spot Left
Venice: Creative Master Class in Murano Glassblowing - 1 Spot Left

Even though it says 1 Spot Left on the site it still allows you to add 2 people to check out. 1 Spot might mean 1 room available.

Unfortunately I can't see the status of excursions we booked since they just show up as booked so there may be others that are running low or sold out.

Last edited:

Seems several things are limited or sold out now. Hope everyone was able to get what they wanted for excursions.

Naples: Naples, Above & Below: A Walking Tour - 1 Spot Left
Naples: Pompeii: City of Beauty & Ruin - 12:45 Sold Out, 1:15 still available
Crotone: Ceraudo Winery & Calabrian Family Tradition - Sold Out
Bari: Conversano Cooking Class - Sold Out
Bari: Puglia’s White Cities - Sold Out
Šibenik:The Krka Waterfalls & Town of Skradin- Sold Out
Venice:Secrets of Doge’s Palace - Long Sold Out
Venice: An Evening Gondola Ride in Venice - 1 Spot Left
Venice: Creative Master Class in Murano Glassblowing - 1 Spot Left

Unfortunately I can't see the status of excursions we booked since they just show up as booked so there may be others that are running low or sold out.

To complete the picture, I checked yours:

Naples: Pompeii - as you said, 12:45 sold out, 1:15 still available
Sicily: Ancient City of Tindari - looks to be available
Crotone: Le Castella & its Fortifications -- looks to be available
Bari: Castellana Caves & Polignano a Mare - looks to be available
Sibenik: Historic Split & Diocletian’s Palace - looks to be available
Venice: St. Mark’s Square (included tour). We are booking a separate Murano/Burano tour on this afternoon through a different company. - the 9:30 am is SOLD OUT! other times are available

If anyone is looking for handmade Venetian masks, I'd recommend Ca' Macana. We bought a couple of masks on our last trip
We got a handmade mask at La Bottega dei Mascareri on the Rialto bridge and it is beautiful! I recommend that one also for anyone looking for a souvenir to bring home.
Thanks! I would like to buy one to hang as art at home. Theyre just beatufiul!

@TheMaxRebo (2)
@apurplebrat (1)
@met19 (1)
@travelinjenn (2)
@DisVegas (2)
@Cousin Orville (2)

And anyone else,

Susy from Ceraudo Winery emailed back and can arrange a van for us. She offered to set up a private tour in the morning of the vineyard, cellars, wine tasting and she offered to open her Michelin starred restaurant for us and have a private lunch (I think with the chef but I can confirm). The restaurant is normally closed that day.
I researched the restaurant and the chef, Caterina Ceraudo, won the Michelin Chef Woman Price last year at 29yo and The NY Times named it one of the world’s most unmissable restaurants.
After that we could go wherever we want. She can recommend another winery or we can visit a town.

I don’t have final prices yet and I’m sure it will depend on how many people are interested and sharing a van. The Private tour, wine tasting, and lunch looks like it ranges from 90-130 Euros pp.

Please let me know who would be interested.

My husband, Kevin, and I are also interested. Is there room for two more?

My husband, Kevin, and I are also interested. Is there room for two more?

Yes, we still have availability. It’s getting popular! I’ll send you an invite to the conversation, and you can check out the details. Let me know there if you’d like to come.

We booked our excursions this morning before work:

Naples: Naples Above and Below (12:45)

Messina: Messina & its Treasures (9:30)

Crotone: Le Castella & Its Fortification (9:30)

Bari: Bari Walking Tour (9:30)

Šibenik: Šibenik Promenade (9:00)

Venice: St. Mark’s Square At A Glance (9:30) and An Evening At the Opera (7:15)

We get in to Rome early evening on the 21st, so we’re still finalizing what we want to do there.

We booked our excursions this morning before work:

Naples: Naples Above and Below (12:45)

Messina: Messina & its Treasures (9:30)

Crotone: Le Castella & Its Fortification (9:30)

Bari: Bari Walking Tour (9:30)

Šibenik: Šibenik Promenade (9:00)

Venice: St. Mark’s Square At A Glance (9:30) and An Evening At the Opera (7:15)

We get in to Rome early evening on the 21st, so we’re still finalizing what we want to do there.
I planned a bunch of stuff for rome that I posted above. let me know if interested.

If anyone is looking for handmade Venetian masks, I'd recommend Ca' Macana. We bought a couple of masks on our last trip

We got a handmade mask at La Bottega dei Mascareri on the Rialto bridge and it is beautiful! I recommend that one also for anyone looking for a souvenir to bring home.

I am very interested in these masks. This and glass stores. On the Venice day (on the ship), I plan on heading over for a dark rome tour that gets into both the Doge's Palace and St Marks Basilica before they shut for good friday. Afternoon I plan on shopping. That night Opera and wine (wine not- no pun intended). And then 2 post nights in Venice. An architecture tour and then lovely dinners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter