Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Rome in March should be around 800 CAD from Toronto. With the Rome/Venice split, it can get as high as 1000. So both prices would be better than 895 USD.

I am going to Rome this March and paid 740 CAD on Air France. There was cheaper when I booked, but the extra 100 dollars to fly AF over Air Transat/Air Canada is well worth it given the service difference.

Our major problem cost-wise is living north of the provinces, which virtually doubles the costs of flying out of somewhere like Toronto ($550-$1000 a person for flights depending on a variety of circumstances to get to Toronto, and often a hotel somewhere along the way is required.) I'll have to look at a variety of airlines out of either Edmonton or Toronto that would minimize the damage as much as possible.

We have that same problem living in Savannah, Ga. I always joke it's like living in Hotel California. Once you get here, you can't get out! It's an extra $300 pp just to get up to Atlanta to actually start our journey. I was excited when we finally got JetBlue thinking we could get out of New York, way cheaper. BUT JetBlue decided we only need one flight per day out of Savannah, and somehow the times never match up to what we need. Especially for international. Both United and American are a minimum of two stops to get out, which leaves Delta our normal airline. They have the best schedule and great service overall, but the prices are such a killer! I had to book our Hawaii trip in parts because I got one price for ATL to Hawaii and a significantly higher price for Savannah to Hawaii. Getting anywhere is such a pain but it really seems like they make it harder on purpose

Our major problem cost-wise is living north of the provinces, which virtually doubles the costs of flying out of somewhere like Toronto ($550-$1000 a person for flights depending on a variety of circumstances to get to Toronto, and often a hotel somewhere along the way is required.) I'll have to look at a variety of airlines out of either Edmonton or Toronto that would minimize the damage as much as possible.

Yea that is a huge issue. I know Pete has said it a couple of times but checking a website like Kayak when we get into date range will help.

This can affect almost everyone that doesn't live in a major metropolitan area.

We are traveling to Las Vegas and there is only one non-stop flight from Orlando to Las Vegas and it's on Southwest and that schedule doesn't work for us.

Everything else requires at least one stop.

I have a question for Kevin. In doing some research I see that Viking suggests "elegant casual" dress after 6:00 and in all dining venues. Basically no jeans. Kevin, would you happen to know if Viking has a trouser lending program similar to that of Disney Cruise Line? Shoes would be nice too. :teeth:

OMG...stop embarrassing me!!:love:

How do most folks handle estimating total trip insurance? I think Kevin mentioned that we have 14 days to book the cancel for any reason clause (10% of the total cost) so we need to do that quickly, but we haven't decided or booked all the pre/post packages or airfare options just yet. Do we just estimate what that total cost might be then to ensure we get the cancel for any reason clause?

How do most folks handle estimating total trip insurance? I think Kevin mentioned that we have 14 days to book the cancel for any reason clause (10% of the total cost) so we need to do that quickly, but we haven't decided or booked all the pre/post packages or airfare options just yet. Do we just estimate what that total cost might be then to ensure we get the cancel for any reason clause?

If you add and pay for insurance within 14 days of making your deposit, anything added later will be covered under the "cancel for any reason" provision.

There may be additional insurance charges, but you'd be covered.

Folks, if you have questions about your reservation or details of this trip, please email me.

I check my email dozens of times a day.

I check this thread occasionally.

You should sign up for Pillaging and Marauding Classes.

Maybe there's a night school; nearby.

Who needs night school? We are going to Newfoundland this summer and I can actually visit the place in which he discovered North America before that Columbus fellow. I will be feverishly taking notes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter