• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis decision is a tough one

Rod B

Disney_dada83
The family and I have decided to head back to WDW after a year hiatus, but we have come across a tough choice. We are deciding to either visit the parks during july after a wedding we are attending. We would drive down after the wedding and stay at one of the resorts for the two extra park day offer, or wait til the fall season like we initially planned.

We may not be able to do two trips so we must decide whether to visit during the summer, or just wait til the fall?

Opinions anyone??

What part of fall? Which time will be less packed? That would be my deciding factor.

Is fall trip before or after Oct 1? If after, I’d go then. 1 because you won’t suffocate in the mask in July heat and 2, get the 50th anniversary celebration experience!

Is fall trip before or after Oct 1? If after, I’d go then. 1 because you won’t suffocate in the mask in July heat and 2, get the 50th anniversary celebration experience!
We are planning to go late oct early nov for the 50th, that's why its a hard decision because should we miss all the 50th stuff and go early? Or just wait 3 to 4 more months??

We are planning to go late oct early nov for the 50th, that's why its a hard decision because should we miss all the 50th stuff and go early? Or just wait 3 to 4 more months??
I'd definitely wait for 50th. I'd like to believe entertainment will be better by then, as well as many restrictions lifted or relaxed. Can't speak with certainty, just hopeful thinking. And worse case, mask wearing will be more comfortable in late October than July. 🤣

As hard as it would be to wait, I agree with the others who said fall would be a better trip. More new things open, cooler than July.

Last edited:
Another vote for "as hard as it may be, I would wait for October". But I totally get wanting to go earlier!!!

Weather is my decision maker. I'm going end of Oct/Nov. It will still be hot, but not as much as Summer.

My vote goes for Halloween time too. We went that week in 2016 and the weather is gorgeous. Plus there a very good chance for stuff to return by then.

The family and I have decided to head back to WDW after a year hiatus, but we have come across a tough choice. We are deciding to either visit the parks during july after a wedding we are attending. We would drive down after the wedding and stay at one of the resorts for the two extra park day offer, or wait til the fall season like we initially planned.

We may not be able to do two trips so we must decide whether to visit during the summer, or just wait til the fall?

Opinions anyone??
I will say masks in the summer is rough..
and the outdoor ques in direct sunlight. We've gone 3 times since reopening and there was a huge difference in comfort level between our hot first week of Sept and hot Oct. trip and our past trip a few weeks ago. If by fall you're talking late Oct or Nov. I think I'd choose that.

Thanks for the advice. So we have decided to wait for fall to do our disney trip..... BUT!! we are heading down in july for just 2 park days.... (gotta get our fix) 😁.

The real question is: How well does your family do in sweltering heat? We're from the South and used to humidity at 100 degrees, but it's not always as easy for other to adapt in July. Be prepared for lots of breaks, lots of water, and a few indoor meals. Best wishes!

The real question is: How well does your family do in sweltering heat? We're from the South and used to humidity at 100 degrees, but it's not always as easy for other to adapt in July. Be prepared for lots of breaks, lots of water, and a few indoor meals. Best wishes!
Well we have been to the parks during the summer a few times so we are "Disney weathered" lol but this will be the first since covid so I'm not sure if that will take effect on how different summer's in FL are. With everything going on and how dining is in the park, we won't worry about dining because we usually don't eat much at the parks so we will bring our own snacks and just "wing it".

I would wait until the fall, I know it's hard but hopefully more experiences etc will be open by then and heat will not be as bad as July.

Can you even still book a resort for you fall dates? We were looking in October and a lot was full. And that is at pretty crazy rack rates as the only discounts released are through September.

On the flip side a lot of park pass reservations are gone for July.

I would price and check availability for both vacations and decide based on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter