DIS Con 2022 details! >>> Schedule Update-Page 15

When the DisUnplugged had their Soarin’ event. They packed the Epcot resorts and the IG was open.

Went with my mom and invited a friend from home who I found out was at Universal with some friends this week. We were in the park prior and were some of the people Deni was frantically checking in. My mom couldn’t go on any of the attractions. We each got two pieces of dessert and sat on a bench watching for the Dis team or my friend from home. Never saw anyone. Took a walk around twice and sat back down. By 11:45 we were done. At bus we were told it wouldn’t leave until 12:30. Got sent to 3 different buses because none of the drivers knew which bus was going to Pop Century. Had a long bus ride with very little a/c and ants crawling along the window.
Talked to my friend and they had a good time. Rode Guardians multiple times character meets and food. She said it was a blast.

This was my first vacation since Covid. I work at a veterinary hospital and haven’t been able to take a day off since the start of covid. Discon gave me an excuse but I don’t think I will plan a trip around an event again.

We had to ask four different CMs to find the purple awning were ride share picks up. It is very hard to find if you’ve never used ride-share at Epcot before.
Me either. I know WDW does NOT make using them convenient. I was solo and it was very dark. I felt safer in a lighted area with a group of people.

Reactions: rlk

That EPCOT event and the AK Pandora event were run by the DIS. This year's and last year's events were run by GKTW. Huge difference. I wish they'd go back to John and his crew running the parties. They were way better.
To be fair, (and I am sure you know this) I think they just tried to break even in the party before, that’s why there was money in the budget for entertainment. Now, it’s about just raising money so the cost is much higher. Yes, of course that’s good but as you said it’s not the same.
Also, it used to be advertised just within the community so there was a factor of seeing people IRL you only knew online. I mentioned I had seen this party advertised in general email mailers from GKTW.

Last edited:
To be fair, (and I am sure you know this) I think they just tried to break even in the party before, that’s why there was money in the budget for entertainment. Now, it’s about just raising money so the cost is much higher. Yes, of course that’s good but as you said it’s not the same.
Fair point. Different goals.

We enjoyed the convention part last year but didn't feel the party was worth it. This year, we were booked for the convention but not the party. It was only at the last minute when they offered the 50% discount that I caved and bought party tickets. I definitely wouldn't do it at full price.

Also, it was advertised within the community so there was a factor of seeing people IRL you only knew online. I mentioned I had seen the party advertised in general email mailers from GKTW.
I believe this is true. Just breaking even costs around $100 per person, while the recent parties included a much larger GKTW donation.

That EPCOT event and the AK Pandora event were run by the DIS. This year's and last year's events were run by GKTW. Huge difference. I wish they'd go back to John and his crew running the parties. They were way better.

So they announced today on the show that John will be doing a party, but in California next July. Who is in? It does sound interesting!

It's interesting that they're planning something in July as the rescheduled GKTW event will be in February or March. Maybe they figure the Disneyland event will attract a different crowd. I'm not sure how many west coasters came to the Florida events (other than members of the DIS team). It also means they'd be planning and promoting both events at the same time. Even though they aren't directly responsible for the GKTW event, they still play a significant role with it.

It does sound interesting. I think they would schedule it after the ABD tour. I've never been to DL so I may want to attend. I know it would be better run than the past 2 years.
The ABD runs Sunday through Friday, so it would probably be the Friday or Saturday night. I just did Backstage Magic, but I'm tempted to do another along with the party.

I agree John's parties are the best. He's working on something for next year in Callie ..... I'm excited about that will absolutely attend

Does anyone recall the dates of the ABD event they were speaking of? Would like to tentatively mark the dates after on my calendar. Cali sounds very interesting! I love DL and the last Dis sponsored party I attended (Pandora) was amazing!

I’m in DW the last week in March. If the next GKTW event coincides with that, we may go. Otherwise, I’ll just consider my hurricane adventure my GKTW donation for the year. We did purchase tickets for the after party but ended up not going. We were honestly just exhausted after the events of the week. I gave them to someone in the DVC FB group. Figured that way we were still contributing to the cause and someone who weathered the storm better than us was still able to enjoy the event. He did say he had an amazing time so some folks definitely did. I just enjoyed my soaky tub at OKW and it was the perfect amount of party for me!

Overall, just glad that the charity was able to raise some decent money. What a crazy week for everyone all around and its good to be home…even though we landed as soon as Ian made it up here🤪

Does anyone recall the dates of the ABD event they were speaking of? Would like to tentatively mark the dates after on my calendar. Cali sounds very interesting! I love DL and the last Dis sponsored party I attended (Pandora) was amazing!

I’m in DW the last week in March. If the next GKTW event coincides with that, we may go. Otherwise, I’ll just consider my hurricane adventure my GKTW donation for the year. We did purchase tickets for the after party but ended up not going. We were honestly just exhausted after the events of the week. I gave them to someone in the DVC FB group. Figured that way we were still contributing to the cause and someone who weathered the storm better than us was still able to enjoy the event. He did say he had an amazing time so some folks definitely did. I just enjoyed my soaky tub at OKW and it was the perfect amount of party for me!

Overall, just glad that the charity was able to raise some decent money. What a crazy week for everyone all around and its good to be home…even though we landed as soon as Ian made it up here🤪

The Dis-Exclusive ABD trips are July 30- August 4 and October 1-6, 2023. The tentative event would be right before or after the July trip, which coincides with the birthday of The Dis.

The Dis-Exclusive ABD trips are July 30- August 4 and October 1-6, 2023. The tentative event would be right before or after the July trip, which coincides with the birthday of The Dis.
And coincides with my birthday as well! I honestly had forgotten that was the case for the last event. Makes for an even bigger excuse for me to have to go tho😀

I didn't get a chance to post about meeting Deni, Craig, and Pete in Epcot on party day/night. We also happened to be right behind Tony Baxter while in line for Figment. And because there was a little bit of a line, we got to listen to him talk to his group about the history of the ride.

Anyone else still waiting on refunds?
My mom hasn’t gotten one
I received only a partial one
And all our emails are going unanswered
I hate to say it but I’m close to doing a charge dispute on my credit card…
Also still waiting to hear about shipping my items

Anyone else still waiting on refunds?
My mom hasn’t gotten one
I received only a partial one
And all our emails are going unanswered
I hate to say it but I’m close to doing a charge dispute on my credit card…
Also still waiting to hear about shipping my items
Received refund for tickets on Wednesday of this week. Still waiting on email regarding auction item won. not worried as I know it will come. They have many items to deal with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter