Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Peg - love your decorations
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Thankful for this group and all of you!
I know I am so thankful for my faith, family and a great surgeon this year for sure!
It's just going to be the 3 of us for Thanksgiving. Ds1 is upset we don't want him and dil here and ds 2 and dil are happy to stay away from everyone.It
Now new dil mom just invited us to their house for Thanksgiving. Yup the same mom who refused to wear a mask at the bridal shower, rehearsal brunch or wedding. No thanks!
I am getting all my blood work done tomorrow.That is for 3 doctors. I am trying to cut down on the exposure. Dec. 3 I have the neck sono and aortic cts. Dec. 15 I have the vascular surgeon, Jan. 3 it's the Pcp and Jan 9 is the endo. Happy medical holidays - to me lol. This gets tiring, physically and mentally.
GAGWTA

Well I decorated last weekend but somehow my decorations/2 trees don’t look as lovely as yours, Peg. It’s ok though, looking at Christmas lights and the ceramic manger figures my MIL made by hand back around 1980 all gives me joy. It will be a quiet (just DH and I) but joyful Christmas. We plan a belated gift giving celebration with our kids after we are vaccinated and feel safer. Meantime I am making cookies!!

Snappy, I am sure your trees are lovely. I've never seen a Christmas tree I didn't like! Our Christmas will be very quiet this year. That's okay. We are still safe and that's the best gift I could ask for. Merry Christmas!

Snappy - I am sure your trees look wonderful! What kind of cookies are you baking? What a special treasure that nativity scene must be.

D's brought down all the decoration boxes from the attic. Last weekend he and dh put the outside decorations up. Just lighted candy canes and a new inflatable manger scene. Electricity is really expensive here. No tree up yet.

Ds3 working on the Covid floor today. Glad he only works part time now. Numbers are rising here. The hospital just opened their 5th Covid unit and now no visitors. Glad I am done with that surgery.

We had to wait 3 hours outside to get the blood tests the other week. So many people. I had so much pain yesterday that I was crying. Took a new pain pilll that helped. I hope I do have that pain when I have the ct scan on monday. That way maybe it will help the surgeon see what's wrong.

GAGWTA.

LMP, I have been making Mexican wedding cookies with the pecans from our tree. Bumper crop this year.

You are making good choices on not having people over. When was your surgery? I am so sorry you are in pain Three hour wait outside for blood work. That’s terrible!

LMP, so sorry to hear you're in so much pain. My Christmas wish is for a pain free new year for all the beautiful ladies on this thread!

Your trees and decorations look great, Peg. Continued good wishes for you and Kendall. I'm letting my AP go also next month. Have had for 20 years.

LMP, hoping your pain is relieved soon. Best wishes to you and the boys. Your hubby also.

It really is nice to hear from you all. Love you all. :love:

Happy day after Christmas everyone. Hoping you all had a wonderful celebration even though I am sure it was beyond normal. We had ds1 and dil masked to drop off gifts on the porch and gave them a meal to go.
Later ds2 came over to drop off gifts. We let him take a meal too.
Much later we had a 3 way virtual gift opening. Ds2 wife is still Covid over cautious. She had ds open all the presents and refused to go into their living room.
Best news ever! The surgeon told us my latest ct scan showed I am healing well. I only have 1 aneurysm left by my r kidney. I don't have to see him until next December. I still have the pain and inflammation by one part of the implant.
I also was having problems with one med renewal. Finally Christmas eve it was solved after several days and 10 calls between 2 doctors and the pharmacy. Now I see I need another med. Hopefully it will get solved better because it's another doctor
Ds3 got his 1st Covid vaccine the other week. He has been working the Covid ICU alot. They have about 7 units now. It's getting bad around here and I think it's taking a emotional toll on him. He was holding an iPad for a patient to say goodbye to their family and next door his other patient died. Then he has to call the state immediately and was on the phone holding for 45 minutes and then he had to prepare for the morgue. Now the pastor who married ds1 in September who is dil 2 pastor is on an ecmo machine from covid. 42 years old and 3 little kids. Such terrible times.
My cousin is at the Riviera in Disney now. Said he doesn't like the weather.
Wishing you all a Bright and Better 2021.
GAGWTA.

LMP, that's the best news I've heard in a long time! So happy for you!

We had a quiet Christmas. I cooked Cranberry Chicken and Garlic, Brown Sugar Carrots for dinner. I also made a white chocolate orange cheesecake from scratch! It was really good...rich! After a big lunch, Kendall and I watched Paddington and Paddington 2. She'd never seen them. We followed that up with The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life. My sister isn't into old movies, so it was just Kendall and me. Nice!

Hope you all had a good holiday! I'm looking forward to a happier new year!

Welcome to 2021 everyone!
Had my Pcp visit. She said all was well and see her in 6 months.
Today was the endo visit. The new office is huge and hollow like the new hospital addition. It's several specialties there. Her exam room is like a closet. She broke her foot and is happy her daughter can drop her off at work.
She said I am doing well and see her in 6 months. She also said that I lost another 9 lbs. I think this was all fluid. So now that's 54 lbs. total loss so far. My pants are falling at times lol.
We got to see ds2 and dil after the visit while staying in our car with masks on. Dil only briefly.
Ds3 had his 2nd vaccine. First day was sore arm. 2nd day was bad shoulder and back pain. He laid on the couch with a hearing pad and took Tylenol.
The rates are rising here so we are being careful. I have been doing alot of reading.
Hope you all are doing well.
GAGWTA.

Welcome to 2021 everyone!
Had my Pcp visit. She said all was well and see her in 6 months.
Today was the endo visit. The new office is huge and hollow like the new hospital addition. It's several specialties there. Her exam room is like a closet. She broke her foot and is happy her daughter can drop her off at work.
She said I am doing well and see her in 6 months. She also said that I lost another 9 lbs. I think this was all fluid. So now that's 54 lbs. total loss so far. My pants are falling at times lol.
We got to see ds2 and dil after the visit while staying in our car with masks on. Dil only briefly.
Ds3 had his 2nd vaccine. First day was sore arm. 2nd day was bad shoulder and back pain. He laid on the couch with a hearing pad and took Tylenol.
The rates are rising here so we are being careful. I have been doing alot of reading.
Hope you all are doing well.
GAGWTA.
Glad you are doing better, lmp! How did you lose so much weight, did they start you on a diuretic?

DD is a nurse now, too, we’ve both received our vaccines. Hoping everyone can get them soon if they so desire. Both of my kids have now finished college. They had just started elementary school when we started this thread!

Congrats on both the good news from your doctors and the weight loss, LMP!

Hoping our governor expands who can get the vaccines soon. Right now tier 1b only includes those over 70 and there were few appointments available for that group. Our state is behind the curve in administering the vaccines, only 36 percent has been given. Hoping they expand it to 65 and above soon, and they open up more places to give it. The pharmacies go only 10,500 spread out over 70 pharmacies state wide. Looks like since some medical personnel are waiting a while to get the vaccine, many doses are on the shelf so to speak. I am constantly checking our provider’s and state’s websites for updates. My mom is scheduled to get the Moderna vaccine tow weeks from today when CVS is scheduled to vaccinate the residents. I sure hope the staff opt in too. I understand the reluctance but I would sure feel more comfortable if they did. The CCRC where mom lives Is testing the staff twice a week and the residents once a week. Currently there is a moratorium on visits of any kind since the positivity rate in our area is over 12 percent, and there have both staff and resident cases. I haven’t seen mom since Christmas day but her mood is positive. She is a good role model for me as I sure have my down days.

On the positive front, our exterior paint job was finally finished this past Friday. Took 9 long days but I like the results. The paint colors I agonized over for days really do complement the brick and the new roof. It feels like I birthed a baby. There was a bump in the road. The Benjamin Moore paint store guy suggested we paint our paint choices on white paper plates. We ended up trying 7 different colors but finally settled on 3, super dark blue for the shutters and doors, a dusty taupe for the siding and a white with a touch of taupe for the trim. DH accidentally gave the wrong shade of white to the painters. I realized it when they painted the first coat on the windows next to the dark blue shutters that the white had too much green/yellow. I had a hissy fit. The painter rectified it by using that coat as the primer, and came back with the right color for the second coat. All ended well, but I sure appreciate that a slight tint in the white can make a huge difference. What fun!

GAGWTA everyone.

Great news, LMP!

My sister and I are both scheduled to receive the vaccine. We will get our first dose on February 27th. It took a bit to get into the site to register. We were persistent! Of course, Florida's governor decided to vaccinate all residents over 65 prior to people with other conditions. This means Kendall cannot get vaccinated yet. I wish she could. There are 4 million people over 65 in Florida, so it may be awhile be Kendall is able to register.

I had a PET scan last week. Tomorrow, I will see the oncologist for the results. Fingers crossed the activity has lessened. I am really ready to go off the Ibrance.

Always thinking of you all! Stay safe!

Hi all!
Peg - bet you were glad to get your first vaccine yesterday and hope your scan results were good.
Laurie - I thought I read somewhere that you have a vaccine appointment soon.
Wondering what everyone else’s state rules are for cancer patients to get the vaccine?
Our governor opened up underlying conditions on Valentines Day. A day early so we were not prepared. Dh and I tried all day. Finally dil 1 got me one at the univ. mid April. Ds3 got Dh one mid March at a horse raceway by jfk airport. So far away! I am afraid I will be stuck with the j and j vaccine which ds3 said will not be that great for me. My cousins worked for j and j and she only wants that vaccine. Go figure. They didn’t do medical jobs there.
Ds3 also said 2 patients were in the ER with covid who were already vaccinated. He only works part time now but picks up extra covid shifts. He is doing an internship at a pediatricians as part of his masters.
Dh applied to a different department but it didn’t work out .
We watched grand pup King Cavalier. He is cute.
I am having a lot of pain. I accidentally bent over and felt a pop and felt a little better. I am trying to avoid a ct scan and surgeon visit. Last time the pop was the blood clot and twisted implant. Sigh.
Hope everyone is doing well.
GAGWTA

LMP, I'm glad that you have a vaccination appointment! I've read that many people are driving a few hours to get to a location that has vaccines. I have no idea when I'll be able to get one. Our state has been very stingy with who is eligible but they have used nearly all the vaccines allotted so I can't complain too much. Except ... I have a WDW trip planned for my birthday in April using banked DVC points and I won't go unvaccinated :(. My daughter can get one because she works in-person as a counselor at her internship for school, but she's waiting. She's only 21, but I wish she would get it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're in a lot of pain :(. I know that you wanted to put off seeing a doctor for 6 months, but the pain and the pop sound pretty serious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter