Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Hey you all, what's going on? Did you all have a good Holiday? I haven't seen anyone posting in here lately, I hope you are all well. My Christmas was good. Been cleaning this week....and just got all my FP's for my Feb 24 to March 5th trip. It took me and my daughter five hours to get it all done! Lots of freezes and having to refresh and reopen MDE. Plus since there are 12 of us going we had to book separately to get everyone on the same rides, so we had to overlap our times...but we did it! So super excited. Waiting to hear from folks :)

so beautiful!!! I agree, no need to go to those places all the time. I lost my second sister to cancer just a couple of weeks ago, I do enough crying as it is. My sister was so concerned about her cat while she was in hospital, I am sad she did not get a chance to say goodbye to him.
Awe...so sad...I'm sure she was very worried. I definitely would be.

Thistlemae, how fun to be planning a trip. We haven't been in so long it will take me hours just to figure out the new fast pass system.

LMP, congrats! How wonderful that you will have a daughter now.

I finally got an MRI scheduled for next week. And a chest CT the day before, going to be such a fun week. I've never had a CT and am completely freaked about it. I think I may have had a PE clot when we went to Italy in May 2016 and that may be the cough/rib pain thing I've got going on. The doctor agrees. Better than more cancer, I guess.

Just put our daughter on the plane after a five day visit and looking forward to getting my bed back so I can sleep lol. It was a good visit, she seems stable for now.

Enjoying all the pet pictures even though we dont have any at present.

Is anyone else freezing? Its about 13 here. We have the christmas crud as I call it. I am taking mucinex and coricidin hbp. Ds1 sounds the worst and even future dil and her family have it. It is going around here for sure.

Our Disney trip was good. Left in snow and one day it was 80. Loved listening to Trace Atkins do the candlelight professional. We had great seats in the handicapped section. Loved Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. Saw the parade twice and ate lots of snacks.

Meals were great for the most part. My favorite was Marrakesh which was new to us. Dh liked Kona. Worst meal was Skippers Canteen.

Dh was not impressed with Pandora or the Navi river ride.

Had to resubmit my handicapped parking permit because the Dr. Wrote a dfiasgnosis code and not a written one.

Its so hard getting to post here.

Dh survived another layoff PTL.
Snow tomm.

Ds2 and future dil are getting married the last sun in Aug. Her mom is buying her dress. She likes the mermaid style with the total exposed back. I am more of the cover it up mom lol! Its a place with gardens a river and fountain and peacocks from 1l:30 to 5:30. Maybe about an hour from here.

I met my Goodreads goal of 40 books this year too!

Happy and Blessed 2018 to all.

Thistlemae, how fun to be planning a trip. We haven't been in so long it will take me hours just to figure out the new fast pass system.

LMP, congrats! How wonderful that you will have a daughter now.

I finally got an MRI scheduled for next week. And a chest CT the day before, going to be such a fun week. I've never had a CT and am completely freaked about it. I think I may have had a PE clot when we went to Italy in May 2016 and that may be the cough/rib pain thing I've got going on. The doctor agrees. Better than more cancer, I guess.

Just put our daughter on the plane after a five day visit and looking forward to getting my bed back so I can sleep lol. It was a good visit, she seems stable for now.
Congrats that it isn't cancer! I always worry that the slightest abnormality is cancer. But there are so many survivors out there that do well for many years, so hoping I'm one of those. I hope you get some sleep. Happy New Year!

Enjoying all the pet pictures even though we dont have any at present.

Is anyone else freezing? Its about 13 here. We have the christmas crud as I call it. I am taking mucinex and coricidin hbp. Ds1 sounds the worst and even future dil and her family have it. It is going around here for sure.

Our Disney trip was good. Left in snow and one day it was 80. Loved listening to Trace Atkins do the candlelight professional. We had great seats in the handicapped section. Loved Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. Saw the parade twice and ate lots of snacks.

Meals were great for the most part. My favorite was Marrakesh which was new to us. Dh liked Kona. Worst meal was Skippers Canteen.

Dh was not impressed with Pandora or the Navi river ride.

Had to resubmit my handicapped parking permit because the Dr. Wrote a dfiasgnosis code and not a written one.
Wow....very happy to hear you had a great trip! And yes, the cold is extreme this year. It's supposed to be -20 New Years...brrr. Fortunately no Christmas crud here, at least not yet. I've taken a very part time job at the local library and there are a million kids that come in from the school on Thursdays and Fridays delivering tons of germ covered books that I have to put away. I can't tell you how many times I squirt that gel stuff on my hands. Glad you are enjoying our kitty pics, they are such a comfort, especially during the tough times. I always had cats as a kid, so being without them would be an even colder world. Get well quick and Happy New Year!

Happy and sad news here, as always. Thinking of all of you.

Best Wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year to all! pixiedust:
Awe...I hope the sad is bearable for you. And let the Happy grow even bigger this year! Happy New Year to you as well.

Hoping everyone is well and having a great start to the new year, update on the DW and test, just had a 3d mamo and everything is clear! She is on the hormone pills but they don't seem to effect her to bad. Going to have next mamo in July and then every year instead of 6 months. Trip planned to WDW in July with the DS and family, should be a great time. 2017 was a lot better than 2016 and hoping 2018 is better too. DSIL is cancer free after a 7 hour surgery in 2016, DBIL was to have foot surgery just before Xmas, felt pressure on the chest, did a stress test, (non treadmill) and had Triple bypass surgery 2 days later. He is doing good now. Still has to get the ankle fixed but will have to wait a few weeks yet. Thinking about all of you that I have got to know on this thread, and hope you have a great year.

Hoping everyone is well and having a great start to the new year, update on the DW and test, just had a 3d mamo and everything is clear! She is on the hormone pills but they don't seem to effect her to bad. Going to have next mamo in July and then every year instead of 6 months. Trip planned to WDW in July with the DS and family, should be a great time. 2017 was a lot better than 2016 and hoping 2018 is better too. DSIL is cancer free after a 7 hour surgery in 2016, DBIL was to have foot surgery just before Xmas, felt pressure on the chest, did a stress test, (non treadmill) and had Triple bypass surgery 2 days later. He is doing good now. Still has to get the ankle fixed but will have to wait a few weeks yet. Thinking about all of you that I have got to know on this thread, and hope you have a great year.

EXCELLENT news about your DW AND the rest of the family also! Sounds like you have several family members battling things so hoping for the best for all of them!

Wow....very happy to hear you had a great trip! And yes, the cold is extreme this year. It's supposed to be -20 New Years...brrr. Fortunately no Christmas crud here, at least not yet. I've taken a very part time job at the local library and there are a million kids that come in from the school on Thursdays and Fridays delivering tons of germ covered books that I have to put away. I can't tell you how many times I squirt that gel stuff on my hands. Glad you are enjoying our kitty pics, they are such a comfort, especially during the tough times. I always had cats as a kid, so being without them would be an even colder world. Get well quick and Happy New Year!

Hope the part time job is still going well and the germs are staying away! Love my cats also and can't imagine not having them around, especially during these cold, cold months...the warm cats on my lap are great!

Its so hard getting to post here.
Dh survived another layoff PTL.
Snow tomm.
Ds2 and future dil are getting married the last sun in Aug. Her mom is buying her dress. She likes the mermaid style with the total exposed back. I am more of the cover it up mom lol! Its a place with gardens a river and fountain and peacocks from 1l:30 to 5:30. Maybe about an hour from here.
I met my Goodreads goal of 40 books this year too!
Happy and Blessed 2018 to all.

Hope all is well with you...how exciting about the upcoming wedding!

Hope 2018 is being good to everybody! I am hoping for only good things for this year after last year for sure!

It sounds like things are really looking up! Have a great trip.

It's getting closer to our trip...Feb 25th. Having fun planning my wardrobe and looking for ideas on how to decorate my magic band. We have some terrible buildup of ice on the roof and now it's pouring rain. Most of it has come off but there is still a huge chunk in back. It's all suppose to freeze up tonight, so the entire walk and driveway is going to be an ice rink. I put my grippy things on my boots, don't want to risk a fall. Tomorrow is my library day, otherwise I'm not getting out much. Hunkering down here with my girls. I had to open up all my cabinets doors under my sinks during the cold snap so my pipes wouldn't freeze. My little Disney has taken to sleeping under the bathroom sink. She is so cute. Every time I go in there, she comes out to beg me for a treat! And boy does she have me trained, because I give her one. I hope everyone is having a good year so far and you have fun things planned for the upcoming year. We all need as much fun as we can get!

Hi, all! Hope the new year is treating you well. So far, ours is going very well on the work front. Kendall got a job as a motion graphics designer! Finally! So far, she's really enjoying her new position. I've returned to a prior line of work, so busy, busy.

Having a PET scan next week. Not expecting any problems, but always dread doing it. I think I'm going to go off Tamoxifen. Medications have a tendency to mess with my blood pressure. It's taken awhile, but Tamoxifen seems to be following the trend. I'm not sad about it. I'll be happy to get rid of some of the other side effects.

On the not so good side, Kendall is being tested at the end of the month for MS. They've been treating her for Fibromyalgia, but new symptoms have them pretty sure it is MS. These autoimmune things are so difficult to diagnose and treat. One doctor told us she's probably had it since she was a young teen. Most people don't start showing symptoms until their early 20s. Kendall started showing symptoms around age 13. They think she is past the remitting-relapsing stage and is in the secondary progressive stage. Scary, but better to know and start appropriate treatment. Thank goodness for the new job, it keeps her mind off the upcoming tests.

Stay strong!

Hi, all! Hope the new year is treating you well. So far, ours is going very well on the work front. Kendall got a job as a motion graphics designer! Finally! So far, she's really enjoying her new position. I've returned to a prior line of work, so busy, busy.

Having a PET scan next week. Not expecting any problems, but always dread doing it. I think I'm going to go off Tamoxifen. Medications have a tendency to mess with my blood pressure. It's taken awhile, but Tamoxifen seems to be following the trend. I'm not sad about it. I'll be happy to get rid of some of the other side effects.

On the not so good side, Kendall is being tested at the end of the month for MS. They've been treating her for Fibromyalgia, but new symptoms have them pretty sure it is MS. These autoimmune things are so difficult to diagnose and treat. One doctor told us she's probably had it since she was a young teen. Most people don't start showing symptoms until their early 20s. Kendall started showing symptoms around age 13. They think she is past the remitting-relapsing stage and is in the secondary progressive stage. Scary, but better to know and start appropriate treatment. Thank goodness for the new job, it keeps her mind off the upcoming tests.

Stay strong!
Congrats to Kendall on her new job, that is so awesome! Sorry to hear that she's having health issues, hopefully they can treat her symptoms and she'll do just fine. It's amazing what we can overcome when we have a positive outlook. Making a decision to go off the Tamoxifen is a big one. I struggled regarding the medication issue but decided early on to forgo taking it. Sometimes the risks/side effects outweigh the percentage of reoccurrence, at least it did for me when I was considering it. Best of luck with everything.

GAGWTA..
well this is new for me...i start chemo on wednesday....i was supposed to start tomorrow, but i caught the flu last week and they want to give me another two days to recover before starting...
i start with AC (four rounds - to be administered every other week)
that will be followed by 12 weekly rounds of combined taxol and carbo....

and hopefully that will do the trick!!!
then surgery/radiation...

It's getting closer to our trip...Feb 25th. Having fun planning my wardrobe and looking for ideas on how to decorate my magic band. We have some terrible buildup of ice on the roof and now it's pouring rain. Most of it has come off but there is still a huge chunk in back. It's all suppose to freeze up tonight, so the entire walk and driveway is going to be an ice rink. I put my grippy things on my boots, don't want to risk a fall. Tomorrow is my library day, otherwise I'm not getting out much. Hunkering down here with my girls. I had to open up all my cabinets doors under my sinks during the cold snap so my pipes wouldn't freeze. My little Disney has taken to sleeping under the bathroom sink. She is so cute. Every time I go in there, she comes out to beg me for a treat! And boy does she have me trained, because I give her one. I hope everyone is having a good year so far and you have fun things planned for the upcoming year. We all need as much fun as we can get!

Yikes...ice is no fun at all! Man those cats of ours do certainly have us trained well, don't they? Be careful out there and stay warm and dry!

Stay strong!

Congrats to Kendall on her job...and sorry about the newest diagnosis. Hoping treatment goes well for her. Good luck with the PET scan. I know when I have my first mammogram after my cancer diagnosis (coming in in April) I'll be a wreck! Sorry to hear about your Tamoxifen troubles. I've been on it myself for just over two weeks and my side effects have been mostly minimal so far but we'll see how it goes. I'm planning on trying to hang in there with it and I'm considering participating in another drug trial on top of that.

GAGWTA..
well this is new for me...i start chemo on wednesday....i was supposed to start tomorrow, but i caught the flu last week and they want to give me another two days to recover before starting...

Sorry sorry to hear you have joined us here. I know you didn't mention details, but I'm sure there are many people here (myself included) who can chime in if you have questions. I completed a lumpectomy last April, Chemotherapy June-August (4 rounds of A & T) and then 30 rounds of radiation. I'm now taking Tamoxifen to hopefully reduce my chances of any further recurrances. Feel free to PM me also if you have any questions or just want to chat!

GAGWTA..

Life changes so quickly doesn't it? On the positive side, cancer is beatable today. Treatments have greatly improved and its no longer a death sentence. That was the first thing I heard when I was diagnosed and it stuck with me. Keep us posted!

Sorry sorry to hear you have joined us here. I know you didn't mention details, but I'm sure there are many people here (myself included) who can chime in if you have questions. I completed a lumpectomy last April, Chemotherapy June-August (4 rounds of A & T) and then 30 rounds of radiation. I'm now taking Tamoxifen to hopefully reduce my chances of any further recurrances. Feel free to PM me also if you have any questions or just want to chat!

well i'm not starting tomorrow - still have leftover flu.....now on day 10 of the flu...they want to wait for me to be completely well...
so they've moved the chemo from tomorrow to next monday.....that way i can get blood tests on sunday to see if i'm healthy again...

my chemo is as follows:

AC every two weeks for 4 rounds..
that will be followed by 12 weekly rounds of taxol + carbo.....i'm getting the carbo thrown in since i'm triple negative...

hopefully waiting until next week to start chemo is ok..

as it is, i've been waiting a month since i was diagnosed...all this waiting is hard on the nerves!!!!

well i'm not starting tomorrow - still have leftover flu.....now on day 10 of the flu...they want to wait for me to be completely well...
so they've moved the chemo from tomorrow to next monday.....that way i can get blood tests on sunday to see if i'm healthy again...

my chemo is as follows:
AC every two weeks for 4 rounds..
that will be followed by 12 weekly rounds of taxol + carbo.....i'm getting the carbo thrown in since i'm triple negative...
hopefully waiting until next week to start chemo is ok..
as it is, i've been waiting a month since i was diagnosed...all this waiting is hard on the nerves!!!!

Beth - Yes better to be completely healthy before starting chemo for sure and so sorry for all of the waiting for you! Chemo for me wasn't bad at all but I only had 4 rounds of it and 2 drugs. The only thing that really hit me hard was the day after chemo when I had my neulasta shots...then I would get achy and feel kinda like I had the flu for a day or two for sure, but would eventually bounce back. Everybody is different though.

Best of luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter