DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJohn, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Punkrockbebop

Punkrockbebop Mouseketeer

Ok, our boat dropped off passengers at the Grand Floridian and then as we were winding around towards the Polynesian, we ended up passing right by the Yacht. We called out hello and waved. Now I'm embarrassed and hope they don't think we are weird stalkers. It was a total coincidence!

Now we are enjoying a wonderful lunch at Kona Cafe. Aloha

PixieLily and Capwkidd like this.
  2. KC Mouse

KC Mouse Mouseketeer

So Im not the type of guy who gets all emotional with Disney. I dig the fireworks, love the parades but all said, Im still a good ole redneck from rural Missouri. I religiously watch Chiefs football in the Fall and Royals baseball in the Spring/Summer. I coach high school sports and love to teach. But what I experienced last night was pure magic! I arrived alone and worried about feeling out of place, before long I had a group of DISers to chat with and a game plan for the night. I cruised test track to my hearts delight and Soarin so many times I lost count. When someone whispered J. Benson was about to take the stage I thought "What the heck. I'm not that guy but she is a Disney legend." I walked in late and to my surprise found a seat right next to John and Kevin. The next hour changed my "Disney life"! I'm a hard rock/blues type of dude so I had never experienced vocals at that level. I was not listening to a concert I was dancing with Bell, I was painting with all the colors of the wind, I was looking for a place where I would not be reprimanded for walking on bare land. When JB briefly paused between songs it was as if I where hanging an old buddy. Just one of the guys chatting it up with a pretty redhead. (You may not entirely agree with my straight life style but I ask that you don't judge me, I was born this way.) At the end of the performance I was standing with tears running down my chubby, bearded glob. It was... "transcendent"? I think I heard Pete say that once. It sounded cool so I thought I would take a wack at it. We completed the night with Illuminations and another countless number of rides on Soarin. Long story short. Thanks DIS! I have never experienced a night like that.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Capwkidd

Capwkidd Mouseketeer

I'm running late for the Yehaa Bob meat up... Save me a space! And how do I get to the venue once I arrive at the bus stop? I just realized I don't know which bus stop to get off on! The main one?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  5. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

Due to the prediction of heavy rain on Saturday, our "it's a small world" meet will be moved to the Polynesian Lobby at 11am.

Please wear you blue anniversary credentials.

(sorry Mary Blair)

6. Punkrockbebop

Punkrockbebop Mouseketeer

I can help. This is the resort we are staying in, but we are currently waiting for our Magical Express bus outta here.

Get off at the South Depot (main lobby) of POR, go into the main doors and the River Roost Lounge is directly to your left.

Capwkidd likes this.
  7. Capwkidd

Capwkidd Mouseketeer

Thanks!!

Punkrockbebop likes this.
  8. AMusicLifeForMe

AMusicLifeForMe DIS Veteran

As I'm boarding my first flight of the evening at MCO, thank you to everyone for a week I will never forget. I had a great time getting to know many of you who I talk on the boards with daily. This was my first DIS meet, and I have to say it was so much fun! I have always loved traveling to Walt Disney World or Disneyland solo or with my family, but experiencing the parks with a bunch of Disney fans like me could not be beat. So, thank you for one of the best Disney experiences of my life! I'm proud to say I have a new Disney family! For everyone traveling, safe travels! I can't wait to meet many of you again sometime in the future.

gberg, BlvInMagic, PixieLily and 4 others like this.
  9. Melva Exner

Melva Exner ContempoForever

Thanks to Pete, John, Kevin, Theresa, Kathy, Corey, Craig, Rhyno and anyone I may have missed for planning this wonderful event.

We had a wonderful time!

10. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

At the airport heading home. It was a wonderful time. I can't thank the team and everyone enough. I met so many people who I can now call friends. The party was everything I had hoped for and more. Until next time Dis friends!

11. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

If you are a winner in our auction for GKTW and did not pick up or pay for your items please be patient. You will be contacted in the next few weeks to make arrangements for shipping. Thank you for helping us to reach $500,000 for Give Kids The World. You can contact Teresa at techols@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

SleepingRebecca and OKW Lover like this.
  12. Ravens girl

Ravens girl Mouseketeer

Thank you to the podcast team for making this party great. I was able to meet many wonderful people. I had a super time. Thank you again.

13. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Happy to have been one of them. :wave:

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  14. Madonna3

Madonna3 DIS Veteran

I am SOOOO depressed :(

I had an excellent time. While, I didn't meet many people, I saw a lot of you and it felt good to be among your company. Hubby and I were a bit introverted on this trip.

15. suomyno

suomyno Earning My Ears

Definitely feeling the post trip depression after this one as well. We only met a handful of people (a combination of introversion and lack of tickets to get to many of the unofficial meets), but everyone we met was great and the event was wonderful. A huge thank you to the team for putting this together and for being so kind and generous with your time when we met you.

16. mrzrich

mrzrich DIS Veteran

It was nice meeting you at the Star Wars Dessert Party!

PixieLily likes this.
  17. MaryKatesMom

MaryKatesMom DIS Veteran

It was a wonderful evening. Thank you so much to the team for putting everything together. I missed the email about the SW meet up change but got to give Ryno a hug I've been meaning to give him for months so it worked out well.

rteetz and SorcererHeidi like this.
  18. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

It was so nice to meet you and spend some time with you at Homecomin' and the dessert party! I was looking at my photopass photos of us meeting Chewbacca and BB8. So much fun!!!

It was nice meeting you briefly at the dessert party!

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  19. boundfordisney

boundfordisney <font color=magenta>I think my finger prints are s

A big thank you to all the staff for all the hard work you have done to really make this such a great event to attend ,, didnt get to meet many but so enjoyed meeting Kevin,, he is such a very fun loving guy,, hope one day I will be able to meet the rest of the dis team, love them all! You guys rock!

SorcererHeidi and PixieLily like this.
  20. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

just thought I would share a (not so) humble brag, that Jodi Benson "liked" my tweet about the event
    Jodi Benson liked my tweet.jpg

bamacmac, Madonna3, cmarsh31 and 9 others like this.
  21. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

I felt the same way when Kevin liked mine!