Dirty cabin!

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We’re here now in a cabin and having a great time but our cabin is gross! All of the dishes are filthy with tons of food left on them and the fridge and freezer both had crusty, dry food all over them. The bathtub is full of long hairs (none of us have long hair). Floors look like they haven’t been mopped in a long time. Our trash can under the sink is cracked and broken. We still love all of the extra space a cabin gives us but disappointed in the cleanliness

We haven’t said anything. Dh cleaned it up on his own. I was planning on putting something on the survey they usually email after the stay. Should I email someone?

Here are a couple pictures. The spoon is in the sink after we let it soak for a bit

Attachments

• 431BE37A-05B8-4AB4-BB4A-BCC776DBD4CA.jpeg
    431BE37A-05B8-4AB4-BB4A-BCC776DBD4CA.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 26A21988-08BE-4EAD-B8D1-C7CC8A2D829B.jpeg
    26A21988-08BE-4EAD-B8D1-C7CC8A2D829B.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 67

DW will be in a Cabin later this week and if she finds the above conditions to be present >>> speed dial on the cell phone will be immediately used to notify the Outpost.

We have a toddler with us and had already unloaded everything into the cabin. It was honestly just easier for us to take care of it ourselves. I sent out an email to guest services so hopefully it doesn’t happen to someone else

Last edited:
Any time I enter a hotel room I always look around to check on its condition before I start unpacking. One time I found dry puke in the tub and it never got cleaned and another time there were blood drops in the shower and sink. I figure that someone cut themselves shaving. In both cases I went right back to the front desk and was given a new room.

We have stayed in the cabins 4 times and they have always been spotless. What you encountered if def out of the norm.

Any time I enter a hotel room I always look around to check on its condition before I start unpacking. One time I found dry puke in the tub and it never got cleaned and another time there were blood drops in the shower and sink. I figure that someone cut themselves shaving. In both cases I went right back to the front desk and was given a new room.

We have stayed in the cabins 4 times and they have always been spotless. What you encountered if def out of the norm.
I haven’t heard anything back yet. We’ll make sure from now on we check things over first. I’ve never had a room or cabin that bad at Disney before so didn’t expect it

I haven’t heard anything back yet. We’ll make sure from now on we check things over first. I’ve never had a room or cabin that bad at Disney before so didn’t expect it
It's def something you never expect to have happen at Disney as they are so good at those things. Hopefully you hear something back.

Absolutely ask to speak to a manager! That is unacceptable. We had a serious and sanitary ceiling leak from the bathroom above onto our bath sink back in October. There were also ants all around the kitchen sink. We are DVC and it was a 2 BR Villa. Mousekeeping wasn't concerned in the least when we notified them and it is ridiculous to think they didn't notice either major issue.

It took three people up the food chain and me explaining the leak repeatedly to get us to the right person to escalate and get us out of there. Yes we were moved to another 2 BR and comped (2 BR BLT LV 2 NTS) and no we didn't ask for a comp. Once we got to the right person they were very apologetic, quick with follow up and had the authority to pretty much do anything to make it right.

Good luck!

I am the same way. I go in and check everything out. Things like this happen, the room could have accidently been overlooked or the housekeeper was having a bad day, whatever. But there is no way that I would stay in a room that obviously had not been cleaned from the last person, especially with small children. I would have taken pictures, and have gone straight back to the desk and showed them. I don't see the point in not saying something to the hotel so that they can make it right, but then coming to a forum and complaining about it. We all know stuff like this can happen since we are all human. And if the room was missed, the sheets probably did not get changed out. Nope, no way would I just stay in that room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter