direct to room check in??

As noted by some above they've been preparing for this for nearly a year already, greeting guests as they drive up or get off the bus, iPads in hand. Our last two check ins were expedited by the greeter with a very short stop only at the desk. They did need to run my credit card and check that everyone's MagicBands were working last year. No packet of information there, it's all in the room already now. Parking pass at the gate.

I like it. But what I really want is to take Magical Express direct to the park, if I already know my room. To me, it would be frustrating to be on the long haul to say, CBR, stop off at the front check in area, Turn around and get on the internal shuttle, go to the room, drop off stuff, get back on a bus to MK. I'd rather just take ME to MK. Hmm wonder if I could get on a MK to the Contemporary, even if I'm staying at CBR? Any thoughts?

Magical express won't take you anywhere but where you are registered...can of worms there

And the problem is Caribbean...most poorly designed hotel in Disney history for convenience and logistics.

I spent "some time" there many moons ago.

I like it. But what I really want is to take Magical Express direct to the park, if I already know my room. To me, it would be frustrating to be on the long haul to say, CBR, stop off at the front check in area, Turn around and get on the internal shuttle, go to the room, drop off stuff, get back on a bus to MK. I'd rather just take ME to MK. Hmm wonder if I could get on a MK to the Contemporary, even if I'm staying at CBR? Any thoughts?

What would you do with your stuff that was on the bus if you went right to a park? Many people have their carry-ons and such. As the PP noted - can of worms.

I would throw my small carry on in a locker. Depending on time of arrival, I would like the choice of going straight to one of the parks. If you think about it, one route to all four parks. Fewer people on the hotel busses. Your room is texted to you and at the end of the day, you head back to your hotel. Say you land at 6:30 A.m. and want to catch rope drop? Hop on the Parks Magical express bus and get there a lot sooner. Ultimate plan ahead strategy.

I am checking in on Sunday and got the e-mail this morning to set up direct to room check-in. I had already done on-line check-in and there was no difference. The last few times i have been i got there early and requested a text when my room was ready so this works out great for us. We will pull into Boardwalk @ 8 and store our bags then we will go to EPCOT for awhile. Lunch ressies at Beaches and Cream @ 2 then off to our room. Nice and easy.

I would throw my small carry on in a locker. Depending on time of arrival, I would like the choice of going straight to one of the parks. If you think about it, one route to all four parks. Fewer people on the hotel busses. Your room is texted to you and at the end of the day, you head back to your hotel. Say you land at 6:30 A.m. and want to catch rope drop? Hop on the Parks Magical express bus and get there a lot sooner. Ultimate plan ahead strategy.

I think what I'm trying to say is there will NEVER be a "parks bus"

Magical express is a third party leased service and they're not gonna increase the complexity?

Which park? Downtown? Waterpark? Wide world?

And what kinda day we having?

500 for magic kingdom...or 5,000?
Divide that by 75 and tell me how big of a pain it would be?

And the don't have lockers at magic kingdom anymore... Much of an afterthought everywhere else...

Nope...this isn't a cutting edge developing plan

Magical express won't take you anywhere but where you are registered...can of worms there

And the problem is Caribbean...most poorly designed hotel in Disney history for convenience and logistics.

I spent "some time" there many moons ago.
I believe last year they did do a test picking guests up from DTD but no dropping off.

I think the idea of an MDE bus straight to the parks isn't a bad one - in theory. I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would opt for this. Who wouldn't want to be walking down Main St about an hour after landing at MCO? But as stated by lockedoutlogic...it's not really logistically feasible.

I think the idea of an MDE bus straight to the parks isn't a bad one - in theory. I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would opt for this. Who wouldn't want to be walking down Main St about an hour after landing at MCO? But as stated by lockedoutlogic...it's not really logistically feasible.
Unless you were staying at the contemporary

I hope we can do direct-to-room at Pop later this month! It's our first visit so I'd still want to come down to the front desk to make sure we're all squared away with working MBs, etc., but it'd be nice if I could come back down for that after we've settled into our room. I hate the thought of traveling all day, finally getting to the hotel, and then having our whole family sit and wait in the lobby for check-in when I've already given all our info online!

We used this a week ago at BLT and we got in our room as soon as we arrived at 10 am.

Did you get the information packet in your room with park times and resort map or do u skip getting this by opting into the direct to room check in?

Did you get the information packet in your room with park times and resort map or do u skip getting this by opting into the direct to room check in?
We didn't get the text message-- but I filled out the direct to room check in stuff. When we got to check in they told us all was ready and gave us or room number and the check in packet. Not much different except no time at the counter and our room was ready and we got right in when we arrived. I filled out room requests, and after it asked if checking in early was more important than the other requests. I answered that it was, but we got all of our requests as well.

Unless you were staying at the contemporary

I think the PP was referring to buses that were exclusive to parks, not a combination MK and CR bus. Then yes that would be a nightmare

Checked in Saturday and got an email before arriving that my room was ready. Gave me my room number and we went right to the room. Also, had a split stay and got another email for the second hotel. I LOVED that I didn't have to go to the front desk. I never signed up for this but did do online checkin

We are staying at CS in April. When I did my online checkin, I remember putting in something about receiving a text when my room is ready. I don't remember them calling it Direct to Room. Maybe part of the roll-out...

I just received an email from Disney confirming that I can go direct to the room without stopping at the front desk when we arrive at Pop next week. It said I will get a text with our room number as soon as it's ready for us. Will report back on whether our info packet is in-room, or if we still have to go visit the front desk for that.

Oops! Accidental double post - not sure how to delete the second via mobile view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter