Direct Sales Companies

cme

Mouseketeer
Hi....just wondering if any DIS'ers use a direct sales business to save $$ towards their Disney vacations? If so, which one? My family and I love going, but sometimes finding the extra $$ is a little tricky.

I do ! I'm doing At Home America, which is great because they have a Start for Free program going on right now, so it only costs the price of shipping your kit (about $30) to get started! I'll send more info in a private message because advertising our business is against policy here. But in answer to your question - YES! I made $250 last month doing it (my first full month).

Sally

If you love wonderful Skin Care Jafa Cosmetics sells i'ts self and This Month there is a $15. Start Up Kit. This is a great month to start there are great 2 for 1 purchases. This is Jafra's 50th Anniversary!!

If you would like more info just PM me!!

I'm with Slumber Parties - 4 months into it I was able to quit my full time job since I make more doing these parties than I made as a branch manager at a bank! PM me and I can give you more info on things.

Hi
I am repping for a new jewelry company that markets sterling and 14kt gold filled with semi precious stones(peridot,amethyst,turq. onyx ect.) I would love to get you the info. It is a small company with a lot of potential for growth. I am paying our twins' Christian school tuition with the money I make. Not to mention it is fun and easy - no presentation!

PM me for more info!

Yes, I am a consultant with Usborne Books at Home. Another DISer got me started.

My husband is a Pampered Chef Consultant. He loves kitchen gadgets and the products are easy to sell since everyone loves to eat. He averages $100 per show. You can also do bridal registries and fundraisers so there are other ways to make money than just shows. Also, with Pampered Chef you don't have to carry an inventory and the company pays for the host benefits. I am liking it because he is earning lots of free products so now my kitchen is stocked! :thumbsup2

I am a Close To My Heart consultant (scrapbooking and stamping supplies and classes). Love it!!!

I work with a company that has non-toxic home products and health and
wellness products, I got involved because of my sons health issues, and the
products are wonderful

Wow, I figured there were a bunch of us direct sellers on here. I am a candle consultant for the leading candle biz in the industry. it's also free to start with us (always) and we are non-territorial so you can sell and do shows anywhere. If you'd like more info just pm me... I have a website you can check out as well but I don't think I can post it here.

I average about $800 per month and work about 25 hours a month. Love it and am too spoiled to go back to anything considered "normal" :cool1:

My wife is a rep for initials-inc .
Personalized product (lots of purse parties).
Pays for our trips and more.

She even founded a group of other home party vendors in MN.
They are called shbba (pronouced "Sheba" like the queen of)

If someone is thinking of getting into a business, good place to check is to see if they are a member of DSWA or DSA. Keeps you from getting involved with one of the envelope stuffing business.

It is a great business for some. My daughter is proud of her mom and had a purse party and jewlery party for her birthday.
She even has a shirt she got the says MY MOM IS A DIRECT SELLING DIVA!

If you are in direct sales, Beth Jones-Shawll has her "sprit of success" retreat at WDW every year. I try and meet my wife on the last day for the dessert and fireworks at Epcot. Fun to feel like a big shot at Disney.

I even got out of a day of my companies meeting to see it.

Easy choice - My Wife and Disney or My boss and PowerPoint.

I've been with Mary Kay for 2 years and LOVE it. Not only do I get tremendous tax benefits, I have had the time of my life!

Mary Kay has been around for over 40 years and the Mary Kay Business Plan is taught at Harvard Buisness school- that's how good it is. It is a member if the DSA and Mary Kay was listed as one of the most influencial women in History.

The initial investment is $100 and you get over $350 worth of full-size retail products. It is enough to facial 30 women to get your business started. You can choose any size inventory you want, no quotas, no territories and 100% satisfaction guarantee (the company will replace any product returned to you by a customer, free of charge!) Consultants purchase thier products directly from the company and we make a 50% profit on our sales.

Orders come with 7 business days typically and we don't charge those goofy shipping and handling fees to our customers. All of the shipping we pay is the same price no matter the order size ($8.35) and we can write it off on our taxes. No waiting for 3 weeks to get our stuff and if you are going to sell something- sell something consumable so you have re-orders. Otherwise you have to continually need to find more and more customers. I LOVE Pampered Chef, but I only need a new can opener evry 10 years so be sure to think about that aspect when choosing a direct-selling business.

I love the philosophy of Mary Kay- Faith First, Family Second and Career Third. It is not competative and catty, you can promote yourself when you're ready and I can work it around my family's schedule. I generally work 5-10 hours per week. At a class I make between $50-$75 per hour. (I have found this to be the average among most of the consultants in my area). I also have 6 women on my team and Mary Kay pays me a commision on the orders my team places with the company. In fact, Mary kay puts .75 cents of each dollar back into their sales force (the independant consultants). How amazing is that?

I have a daycare in my home and do parties and facials on the weekends and evenings. I have a strong re-order business and I love how beautiful women feel when they are done with their skincare and glamour. To see these women transform into glowing, confident and smiling women makes me feel so wonderful. Yes, I know it's only makeup and skincare, but some women never feel pretty or confident and when you look great on the outside, it has an effect on the inside and how much taller you stand.

Mary Kay pays for our annual trip to Disney and I MAYBE do 2-3 classes per month, 1-2 facials and several reorders which I put toward our Disney expenses.

I have to say I was the skeptic when I went as a model for my friend who just became a consultant. After researching the company and working my business for 2 years, I cannot beleive how amazing this company is!

You get TONS of training and information as a new consultant and we have a new flipchart you basically read to your guests so you don't even have to memorize anything or feel nervous about what to say. The company makes it so easy for us! All we have to do is the work and afterall, "Anything worth having is worth working for" - Mary Kay Ash

You can PM if you have more questions, I would be happy to answer them to see if this might be the choice for you- after all- $100 may change your life- it has certainly given me more than I ever expected.

Wow.. there are lots of DS people here!!
One word of caution, as I have been there, done that. Look into the company closely. Read all you can about them.. All the fine print. Some companies give you a very little commission, and some compensate generously. For me, i started my own biz because i just couldn't see making 20% of sales... When i could keep 100%.
Yes, there are wonderful DS companies out there, but there are lots that are big money making pyramid schemes too. You are essentially working to make your "uplines" more money.. But, that's just DS for ya.
There are some benefits to DS though, as you don't have to worry about all the paperwork and legal issues, or things of that sort. And there is usally a big network of support.

I currently sell for Stampin' Up, but it doe NOT go to WDW, it just goes to my personal stash of stamps. So, i don't do it for the $$ i just do it for a discount on my stamps.

You just really have to look at your personality. Direct sales is definately work- there is no easy money there, you have to go out and sell yourself and your products. So, if you are shy or don't like public speaking, or sales pitches, then DS might not be for you.

And, if DS is for you, then research and pick a company that intrests YOU. There is nothing harder to do then try to sell a product/service that you don't enjoy yourself!

I sell Pampered Chef. I love their products and the fact I don't have to carry any inventory.

I paid for the down payment on our Disney Vacation Club purchase a couple of years ago with my earnings. Now I use it to indirectly save for our Disney vacations. I use the products that are duplicates for me from the samples I purchase as gifts at Christmas time. My family has well stocked kitchens.

Caitsmama said:
Wow.. there are lots of DS people here!!
One word of caution, as I have been there, done that. Look into the company closely. Read all you can about them.. All the fine print. Some companies give you a very little commission, and some compensate generously. For me, i started my own biz because i just couldn't see making 20% of sales... When i could keep 100%.
Yes, there are wonderful DS companies out there, but there are lots that are big money making pyramid schemes too. You are essentially working to make your "uplines" more money.. But, that's just DS for ya.
There are some benefits to DS though, as you don't have to worry about all the paperwork and legal issues, or things of that sort. And there is usally a big network of support.

I currently sell for Stampin' Up, but it doe NOT go to WDW, it just goes to my personal stash of stamps. So, i don't do it for the $$ i just do it for a discount on my stamps.

You just really have to look at your personality. Direct sales is definately work- there is no easy money there, you have to go out and sell yourself and your products. So, if you are shy or don't like public speaking, or sales pitches, then DS might not be for you.

And, if DS is for you, then research and pick a company that intrests YOU. There is nothing harder to do then try to sell a product/service that you don't enjoy yourself!

I totally agree. There are a lot of DS companies out there and you have to do your homework. You also have to find something that fits your personality and lifestyle. For instance, I wouldn't be good at selling make-up or skin care b/c I don't use much of those products and never have. Also, I WAS one of those shy people until I started my business. My mother considers that the greatest part of my business, it brought me out of my shell. Anyway, I don't think I could ever be happy working for someone else ever again, so it has definitely spoiled me. Good luck!

Another Pampered Chef consultant here. For me, it's not really for Disney, but more so I can get the products as a discount. And it's more of a hobby for me. I love to cook and I love the gadgets so this was the right fit for me. I have a full-time job which keeps me pretty busy, so PC is a fun side job/hobby for me. But I'm not a salesperson so most of my shows are on the lower side.

I'm not interested in the hard sell and I don't practice it. I could probably increase my sales if I used some of hard sell tactics, but I'm just not comfortable doing that. I've had people tell me that they felt forced into buying things and I won't run my business that way.

I heard Beth Jones Schall speak at the DSWA conv. in Dallas and recommended her to our company and she got to speak in July at our convention in Chicago. She is so helpful and spirit filled. I would recommend her to anyone working a direct sales business.

Also, our company is a member of the DSA and you can search for members by catagory on the DSA website. I would definitely only choose a company with membership.

sbpuckett said:
Also, I WAS one of those shy people until I started my business. My mother considers that the greatest part of my business, it brought me out of my shell.

This is true! One of the reasons I'm doing direct sales/home shows is to help with my public speaking and public relation skills!

The tax benefits don't hurt either!

Sally

I've enjoyed reading about everyone's businesses, so I'll jump in here too and tell about mine. I'm with Arbonne International -- pure Swiss skin care, cosmetics, and nutrition. I started as a consultant so I could get a discount on this awesome anti-aging skincare that I'd fallen in love with. Who would have known it'd turn into the best personal development program ever! I have learned to speak confidently in front of others, provide coaching and training to my team (as well as be coachable myself), and have really learned some valuable management and leadership skills that I am applying to my full-time position as an administrative assistant. As for the company, Arbonne is a member of the DSA (our executive VP heads the ethics committee for the DSA), and is a very reputable company. They stand behind their products and offer an unconditional money back guarantee. As a business builder the income potential is incredible, but even at the consultant level you earn 35% commissions plus bonuses and a percent of your personally sponsored consultants' sales.

Arbonne *is* funding my Disney habit! I work just a few hours a week at this and make on average $200-$500 a month -- and like another poster said the tax benefits of a home-based business are really good. Thanks for letting me share, and please PM me if you want to learn more. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter