Dinner Seating

dthogue

DIS Veteran
Haven't been on Disney post covid - how are they handling seating in the restaurants for dinner? Are parties being seated by themselves or are they seating smaller parties together with other parties? I am traveling solo and was wondering if I would be seated by myself or if I might be sharing a table with others. I don't have a preference either way, was just curious as to what to expect :-)

Haven't been on Disney post covid - how are they handling seating in the restaurants for dinner? Are parties being seated by themselves or are they seating smaller parties together with other parties? I am traveling solo and was wondering if I would be seated by myself or if I might be sharing a table with others. I don't have a preference either way, was just curious as to what to expect :-)
They have begun seating parties together again. So, you may have your own table, or you may be seated with others, probably just adults.

I cruised solo last month on the Dream and requested to dine alone, knowing that there was no guarantee. I did have a table to myself.

We've sailed twice and it seemed everyone was getting their own table. However, tables were so close together your "own table" consisted of about a 2 foot gap from the next family.

We've sailed twice and it seemed everyone was getting their own table. However, tables were so close together your "own table" consisted of about a 2 foot gap from the next family.
That is the way I remember our last cruise we sailed which was pre-pandemic. We had our separate table but depending which dining room we were in the tables were separate but so close together that there was barely any space between them.

Going forward I would expect separate but very close tables to be the norm as I believe more people want to sit with the alone with their own families.

I also travel solo and requested a table alone and it was granted for late seating. Just put in a request and when you board go to the location for dining changes to double check.

We were on the Fantasy 9/24-10/1 and I asked our server about this. We were a party of 3 with our own table. My daughter probably won't travel with us next cruise and I don't want to sit with others. He said as the guest counts go up, there will come a point when they will have to sit solo or 2's with others due to space and amount of tables available.

I also travel solo and requested a table alone and it was granted for late seating. Just put in a request and when you board go to the location for dining changes to double check.
This. I've cruised several times as a party of 2 and a few times solo, and have never had to share a table because I requested a private table in advance, and checked up on it promptly upon boarding, getting it added then if it wasn't already. Having second dining undoubtedly helps. This was even on sold out cruises.

Persistence pays off.

On the Wish last month we were two people at a 4 top but so close to the couple next to us. Haha, they were so nice glad they were sitting that close.

There have already been reports of shared tables on the Wish. At this point it really depends on the cruise whether they can do separate tables for each party; if not they will combine parties. So while it may work on 1 cruise, it may not happen for the next.

We’re currently on the Fantasy and for the second seating, it appears everyone is seated at their own table. I have no idea if the same holds true for the first seating.

Do you know if they would put a family of 6 with another family or are we too big to be together with someone else?

Do you know if they would put a family of 6 with another family or are we too big to be together with someone else?
Unless you are linked as traveling together, it's highly unlikely anyone will be placed with your family. We're a party of 3 and often get grouped with a party of 5, but I've never heard of 6 + 2.

Unless you are linked as traveling together, it's highly unlikely anyone will be placed with your family. We're a party of 3 and often get grouped with a party of 5, but I've never heard of 6 + 2.
We were on the Wonder last month in Alaska with a party of 6. Three adults, 2 teens and a toddler and we had another party of 2 adults seated with us. Luckily they knew some other people on the ship and were able to change to sit with them.

We were on the 9/24 Fantasy and my husband and I were seated alone, as were the others seated in our area. We had 2nd dining. I did request a table by ourselves, double checked as soon as we got on board and it was already granted.

We were on the 9/24 Fantasy and my husband and I were seated alone, as were the others seated in our area. We had 2nd dining. I did request a table by ourselves, double checked as soon as we got on board and it was already granted.
We have requested it for our upcoming trip on the Dream. Do you know where you had to go once on board to verify if you got it?

You can certainly be placed with someone else because they have tables for 8. Once when I sailed as a party of two with my son, they initially had us placed with a family of 6 (before I pressed for a private table).

On the Wish this weekend we were seated with one other couple and then a mother and daughter traveling together. It was a table for six. At least in the areas where our tables were located, I did not notice anyone sitting alone or just one couple at a table.

I just got off a solo trip on the Dream. I was worried I'd be seated alone. I love traveling solo but the idea of dining solo in the big banquet rooms was kind of sad to me. I was seated with two other solo travelers, and hopefully I'm not just speaking for myself when I say we all enjoyed each other's company. We ate together all 4 dinners and breakfast the last day and disembarked together. It was nice to have the days to myself but have familiar people to catch up with and compare notes with at the end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter