Dinner seating times

h3kta

Earning My Ears
What is the seating time for main seating? Which is typically better?

Usually 5:45 or 6, depending on the cruise. We find it works for us better because eating around 8 pm is just too late to digest a Mickey Bar. After dinner we hit the show then hit the bed...or pirate party, then bed. The time to eat is a personal matter and depends on what you do at home. If you eat late, see the show first, then chow down. Some folks like the late seating because you aren't as rushed as those who eat earlier who are roused out for the second seating...your call.

We have only done second seating in the past so I was wondering. This will be out first time with main seating.
Do you find that it is difficult getting good seats for the show afterwards?

We have only done second seating in the past so I was wondering. This will be out first time with main seating.

We've only done main seating so far, and haven't had any issue getting the seating we want for shows.

Dinner finishes at 7.30 at the latest (if you take your time). We usually turn up for the show around 8.15-8.20. Never have a problem with seating (there is usually only 2-3 of us). We're not fussy about where we sit. The doors to the theatre open at approximately 8pm. So if you want to sit somewhere specific you have plenty of time to get to the theatre in time to have a choice.

What is the seating time for main seating? Which is typically better?
We prefer second seating to main seating. Our children are older and we feel less rushed with second seating. However, with younger kids, I can see main seating working better.

We do Main seating because that is the same time that we eat dinner at home. If we ever got the late seating, we would probably find other options on board like the buffet or room service. We are too old to eat that late!

There is no buffet at night. Cabanas goes to a sit-down restaurant and is not available the first or last night.

We like the later seating because we are from the west coast so we don’t adjust our eating time that much. The early show doesn’t have as many little kids. On our last cruise our DS6 would eat and then go the kids club while we finished dinner.

We're doing the late seating because time zones means it's our actual dinner time. On a 5-day cruise, our bodies won't adjust enough for it to become an issue.

We always do 2nd, it just give you so much more time. No rushing back to the boat from an excursion or CC. It gives you more time for movies, and spa visits. If you think you may get hungry, stop by a QS for a bite, Cove Cafe or something from room service.

And if your on a 7 night or longer and you have the formal or semi formal night, so much more time for primping! And on vacation we always stay up later.

We always do 2nd, it just give you so much more time. No rushing back to the boat from an excursion or CC. It gives you more time for movies, and spa visits. If you think you may get hungry, stop by a QS for a bite, Cove Cafe or something from room service.

And if your on a 7 night or longer and you have the formal or semi formal night, so much more time for primping! And on vacation we always stay up later.
I also like 2nd seating because it makes it easier for me to sneak in 2nd lunch.

:thumbsup2 I like second seating because it permits a late afternoon snack from room service of the All Hands on Deck platter followed by a Mickey bar.

See we like main so then we can have a room service snack of a Mickey bar or warm cookies and milk as we wind down before bed.

We've done both. When the kids were younger, we sat for main seating. That just made it easier if there were going to konk out after dinner. Now that they're older with more stamina, we sit second. I like to say that it stretches out our day. I must say, it's nice having an afternoon tea and a required coffee from cove café too!

I don't think that either is better, it's about what serves you the best. We've had no problems with seats for the shows in either sitting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter