Dining Reviews, Days 1-3

ugadog99

<font color=blue>Has been waiting patiently for a
My girls and I were in the World from December 19-29. The girls are 8 and 11 and pretty adventurous eaters.

December 19

Arrived at Contemporary for PS at Chef Mickey's for breakfast
PS at 9:30, seated quickly

Average buffet breakfast fare. Nothing really stands out as being exceptional. The cheesy potatoes were good, but the rest was just average. We had Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, and Santa Goofy. The highlight was Pluto as a reindeer. This was a good way to get our trip going. However, we like dinner at Chef Mickey's much better than breakfast. We won't do breakfast again.

Went to MK at 3:00 using our APs and decided to stay and eat counter service prior to MVMCP.

Cosmic Ray's
Burgers were dry, but the topping bar is great. They had the regular lettuce, tomato, onion. They also had sauteed mushrooms, onions, and something else warm (can't remember). The burgers were good sized and the fries were more than we could eat. The hotdogs were large, but nowhere near as good as Casey's Corner. We got a table outside and watched the 6:00 fireworks. Total was about $20 for the three of us and we would do it again.

Friday, December 20

Slept in from MVMCP and had breakfast and lunch in room.

Dinner at Kona

Can't say enough great things about this restaurant!!! It was wonderful and we will definitely be returning. My older DD and I shared and the younger one got the pasta with meatballs. We started with the crab cakes as an appetizer. The crab meat was wonderful and the cakes were light and not full of filler. Our entree was the Macadamia Mahi-Mahi. Yummm The stir fried veggies were delicious, too. We ended by sharing the Kiluaea Torte. Just perfect for those of us who love chocolate. I also had a pina colada and it was very good. The younger DD had the kiddie cone. It was HUGE!! Two children could easily share this dessert. Total was $67. We will be back to Kona.
:D

Saturday, December 21

Had breakfast in room and then went to MGM.

I am protesting the new policy on Fantasmic package, so we just decided to have a late lunch at Mama Melrose without the package. I have to say that I was disappointed in MM this time. Last November this was one of my favorite restaurants, but something has changed. I don't know if we will return.

Younger DD had the cheese pizza and the older DD had the spaghetti. They ended up eating about half of each other's lunch. We all shared a Caesar salad which was good. I got the Portobello, sausage, and onion flatbread. It was okay, but not as good as last trip. Maybe I am just choosing the wrong items. My younger DD and I shared the tiriamisu. It was okay, but about the same as at Olive Garden. The older DD got a chocolate gelato which she liked. Total was $37. Just not sure we will be returning.

FYI: Fantasmic was not crowded that night. We got in to get our seats about 5 and the show was at 6. We got in the Mickey section about 1/3 of the way from the top. Our seats this time were much better than with the package last November. Unless policy changes with the package, we won't be doing it.

Of the meals so far, Kona was the winner hands down. I can't recommend this restaurant enough.

I couldn't agree with you more about the Kona Cafe. I try to fit it in every trip for one meal.

Isn't the Kona great? We went there for lunch after the kids' pirate cruise, and I loved it! I had the salad with terriyaki beef (forget what it's called) and KoKo Puffs for dessert and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I absolutely adore the KoKo Puffs and want to try the crab cakes next time. I think this is going to become a regular stop for us.

Thanks for the reviews!

Pat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest