Dining reservations?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
1. How far ahead can I make dining reservations?
2. Is there a website where I can do this?
3. It's just 2 of us do we really need reservations or can we do walk up for sit down restaurants?

We went a few days in Nov before a Disney trip right around Thanksgiving and made no reservations we decided we wanted to just go with the flow. We ended up eating mostly at CS the only TS we did was Finnegan’s for an early dinner and it was great. We walked right in with no wait and the food was good.

1. How far ahead can I make dining reservations?
2. Is there a website where I can do this?
3. It's just 2 of us do we really need reservations or can we do walk up for sit down restaurants?

1. It’s either 1 or 2 months. Unless you are looking for Thanksgiving day, the timing isn’t critical. It’s not like Disney.
2. look up each restaurant on the Universal website and there are links for the reservations.There are some that do it through Universal, some that are OpenTable.
3. Depends on the restaurant and time of year. If you’re going at a busy time and want to eat at one of the more popular places (Toothsome’s, Mythos, maybe Big Fire), it’s best to get a reservation. If you want to eat right at park close, a reservation is your best bet. Otherwise you’re probably fine to just walk in as a party of 2 (our party of 5 typically would have to wait anywhere more popular).

What is the possibility of walking up and making a reservation during Spring Break week at Hollywood Studios? I started trying to get ressies at 59 days out and there are few possibilities. We haven't been to the parks since June 2021.

I have all of my late March reservations and I made them by going through the Universal website. I’m at 63 days and got Toothsome, Finnegan’s and Cowfish. I’m pretty sure I was even further out when I did my October 2021 reservations.

I was actually able to book Toothsome for May 2nd. thanks everyone. this was the only one that I know me and my adult grandson will enjoy

We were there the last week of Jan (normally a slow time -- also cold and rainy) and couldn't get table service except for lunch (Mythos -- great) Dinner's we ended up eating at the hotel. So if you want to eat in City Walk book now if you can get it.

We were there spring break last year, stayung at portofino which was supposed to have priority walk up at most restaurants.

First night, tried at 5pm to get a walk table at the onsite restaurants. Earliest available was around 9pm. Went to city walk, Toothsome was not taking any walk ups even if you were willing to wait—reservation only. Margaritaville told us 10pm. No same night reservations anywhere in the app. We walked door to door and Vivo was the only one that let us wait for a table outside (not inside) in 90+ degree heat.

Just make reservations. No penalty for cancelling. Spring break is the worst.

I got reservations for Toothsome and Mythos in mid-October for my upcoming Feb. 21-23 trip, so about 4 months in advance.

We are going first week in March and I reserved a table for two at Toothsomes with no problem. I made the reservation about a week ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!