Dining Reservations at UOR/City Walk

What rhyme or reason do you guys use to choose ya ressies....is it really easy to come out of the park for citywslk ressie then go back into the park? What do you guys do? Schedule hotel dinner earlier? Thanks.

We've never been before, so maybe I'll hate the plans I made - I'll have to report back after my trip!

My thought process right now during planning is that there are a few restaurants that I'd like to try, so when is the best time to fit them in? Toothsome, I reserved for the night we transfer over from WDW. We'll be in Disney parks during the day, transfer over to the hotel, then walk out to get dinner. That was the one restaurant I wanted to try for sure and I knew we would enjoy it without rushing to get back into the parks. The second one I just booked was for Mythos, for the day we leave. Since we won't be able to go back to our hotel room for an AC break/nap that day (we'll be checked out already), I wanted a nice, in-park meal where we can cool down and rest. The only other sit-down place we wanted that required a reservation was NBC Sports Grill. I looked at our city's baseball team schedule, found a late afternoon game, and as soon as the dates open up, I'll book it for an early dinner. We'll go back to the room for a short rest (or pool) and then grab an early dinner at CityWalk while watching our team play before heading back into the park for the evening.

Those, I think, are the only three reservations I'll make. We'll do quick/mobile order places for the rest of the time to give us some flexibility and to keep costs down. Some of these places are way more expensive than I like to pay on a regular basis! Also, I live in a city that has great food and don't feel like every meal in Orlando needs to be a full service restaurant. And, we are pescatarians and that helps guide our food choices a lot. There are many menus that don't appeal to us for that reason alone which makes the decisions easier.

Last edited:
What rhyme or reason do you guys use to choose ya ressies....is it really easy to come out of the park for citywslk ressie then go back into the park? What do you guys do? Schedule hotel dinner earlier? Thanks.

I'm still wrapping my mind around being able to walk out of the parks and into Citywalk. This is my first trip to Universal, and I just realized I needed to make dining reservations a few days ago. I decided on Toothsome, Cowfish, and Mythos because they seem very popular, and the menus and theming appeal to me. There weren't a lot of prime times to choose from less than a month out, so I took what reservations I could get that were acceptable.

I'm a noob too!!!! The out of park and back in sounds great way to spend the evening...we.used to collect fast passes in the am and go back in park after dinner and have a wonderful easy time...I'm hoping this is like that!!!!

Perhaps, I got lucky, but I was able to reserve almost everything I wanted a couple days before I left. (Trip was from 15May to 22May). The exception was Toothsome’s as all evening dinner times were filled, and so I had to book a 3:30 time. Also, all of our reservations were during the weekday instead of weekend which probably helped.

But definitely reserve as we were seeing people turned away from restaurants because they didn’t have a reservation. This occurred on multiple nights.

Just ate at Toothsome for our first day. Waited over an hour for food. Not for our table, we had reservation, I mean order to food was over an hour at 1pm. Finally got it and my burger was so over cooked it was a shoe. Told waitress I wasn't going to eat it and she asked if I wanted them to make me another. I said that depends if it's gonna take another hour like the first one. She said she couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't lol. I said, then no, just take it off.

Cancelling our next two reservations here. Waitress was nice but the kitchen is killing them. Wife's shrimp Caesar was mediocre.

Just ate at Toothsome for our first day. Waited over an hour for food. Not for our table, we had reservation, I mean order to food was over an hour at 1pm. Finally got it and my burger was so over cooked it was a shoe. Told waitress I wasn't going to eat it and she asked if I wanted them to make me another. I said that depends if it's gonna take another hour like the first one. She said she couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't lol. I said, then no, just take it off.

Cancelling our next two reservations here. Waitress was nice but the kitchen is killing them. Wife's shrimp Caesar was mediocre.

‘yeah toothsome doesn’t have the best reputationon the boards. Wehad their shakes in 2019 and loved them. Went back this year, wound up carrying them through citywalk and back to our hotel room which was disastrous. Melted mess for all of us and wound up dumping $$$$ in ice cream down the drain. I was not happy.

Made reservations a week ago for a trip this week and moved stuff around constantly - cowfish, toothsome, mythos - never had an issue. We are here M-F so maybe weekend is different. Today cowfish was mostly empty for lunch. The staff was nice but it’s not as good as we remembered and my wife felt off after. All food this trip has been, sad to say, underwhelming. Not sure why.

Ate 4 times at Citywalk last week. One walkup (Cowfish) and 3 reservations (2 Cowfish and 1 Vivo). We were warned by waitstaff each time that the kitchen was understaffed and the wait for food may be a little longer than normal but we didn't experience anything out of the ordinary. Walkup for Cowfish was at 11:15am and we were seated right away. Reservation times were 1:30 one day and 5:30 for the other 2 days and we were seated on time each time. I would highly recommend reservations if you're locked in on eating at certain places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter