Dining Reservation window question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DisneyCAL, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:55 AM.

1. DisneyCAL

DisneyCAL DIS Veteran

My booking window opens up in two days. I currently have Ohanas (dinner) in the number 1 position for first reservation to try to get. I have Storybook Dining at Artist Point as number 2. I'm wondering if I should switch them. Will Storybook Dining be more difficult to get than Ohana's? Anybody have experience with booking at Artist Point lately? I really want to get this one as the menu, the characters and the location (we are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas) make it a must for us.

2. ENJDisneyFan

ENJDisneyFan DIS Veteran

Whichever one falls earlier in your trip is the one I would do first (since there will likely be less availability for the earlier days than the later days).

Haley R, LilyWDW, DisneyCAL and 2 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DisneyCAL

DisneyCAL DIS Veteran

Thanks ENJDisneyFan, that's a good point.

5. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

You could also have one person try for ohana and the other try for storybook dining at the same time. If you have two people available to book

garris3404 likes this.
  6. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I would also try to plan both later in your trip rather than in the first days. The further out you go the better.

Book online at 6 Am if possible.

7. kcp6763

kcp6763 Earning My Ears

Book as early as you can. The issue won't be getting a reservation it'll be getting the reservation time you want. For example Storybook has openings for dinner at 4:45 or 8:30 180 days out tonight. But if you wanted 6pm you'd be out of luck. Similar situation for Ohana. So if you're flexible on time or one is more flexible than the other, book that one first.

8. DisneyCAL

DisneyCAL DIS Veteran

Well I got the reservation but I had to swap days which is fine. Wow the first time Ohana's was not the most difficult to get. Storybook Dining is now the most difficult!

Haley R likes this.