Dining Recommendations outside of the parks

love beaches and cream too but can not find any reservations

Sometimes it is difficult to find reservations for B&C but we have found that you can still get in "most" of the time without them. There might be a wait but if it is a fairly long wait then you can stroll around the YC/BC area:) If you don't hit the "HIGH PEAK" lunch and dinner times it's really usually pretty short of a wait. I know next week is still spring break but it shouldn't be too bad. (the week after that might get trickier since that's high peak spring break time).

Sometimes it is difficult to find reservations for B&C but we have found that you can still get in "most" of the time without them. There might be a wait but if it is a fairly long wait then you can stroll around the YC/BC area:) If you don't hit the "HIGH PEAK" lunch and dinner times it's really usually pretty short of a wait. I know next week is still spring break but it shouldn't be too bad. (the week after that might get trickier since that's high peak spring break time).
Good to know!

We like Yachtsman's or Flying Fish. After dinner, we like to watch both fireworks from DHS and Epcot while having ice cream on boardwalk.
Decided this is what we want to try to do - fireworks are at 9pm unfortunately the reservation times are not matching up - here is what I found:

Flying Fish - 6pm or 8:35 - think the 6pm will be the best bet but concerned about hanging around till 9pm
Cape May - 8:30 - will miss the fireworks
Yachtmans - 7:40 - will that be cutting it too close?
Captains Grill 6:50 - probably the perfect time but not sure about the restaurant because of construction

Thoughts?

If you are willing to try what Swan/Dolphin restaurants offer, you could try to get reservations there instead. I think they are more readily available than Disney ones. Swan/Dolphin is also in the area along with BC/YC and Boardwalk and they have Shula's Steakhouse and Bluezoo (seafood) and they are definitely our top list as well.

If not, i'll probably go with Flying Fish 6pm or Yachtsman's 7:40. Just remember that if you do three course, it's going to take time. But if you just do app and entree, you might just come right out from Yachtsman's.

If you are willing to try what Swan/Dolphin restaurants offer, you could try to get reservations there instead. I think they are more readily available than Disney ones. Swan/Dolphin is also in the area along with BC/YC and Boardwalk and they have Shula's Steakhouse and Bluezoo (seafood) and they are definitely our top list as well.

If not, i'll probably go with Flying Fish 6pm or Yachtsman's 7:40. Just remember that if you do three course, it's going to take time. But if you just do app and entree, you might just come right out from Yachtsman's.

So I think I have been talked into trying to see the MK fireworks (versus EPCOT) - Trying to find the perfect ADR - any thoughts on the following:
Grand Floridian Cafe - 7:30
Narcoossee at 6:50
and the Aloha dinner show at 8:15 just opened up.

Personally I would skip Aloha dinner show and go with either of the other two.

I would not do Aloha dinner either. We've watched Wishes from Narcoosee's and had a wonderful dinner a few times and timing of it is perfect. If you are lucky to get a window seat that over looks MK, you could watch from your table or you could go out onto the deck and watch also. They pipe the music during Wishes.

Personally I would skip Aloha dinner show and go with either of the other two.
There is a BIG difference in process between The Grand Floridian Cafe and Narcoosee - I love to save money but will be disappointed in the GF Cafe?

Grand Floridian Cafe, Boatwrights Dining Hall, Trails End (has an arcade attached, neat area to walk around Ft WIlderness. Check out the menu though. Is your not a fan of southern food, you might want to skip this one).
OK - we have been talked into seeing the MK fireworks versus EPCOT - can get Narcoossee or Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. Obviously BIG price difference - will we disappointed in GFC? How do you then watch the fireworks?

We had a reservation for Narcoossee's and ending up canceling it in advance. Although menu looked good, it was expensive and we didn't feel like being tied to too many ADRs. We ended up eating dinner in Mizner's Lounge on the 2nd floor of the GF which I believe is just outside of the GF Cafe. Although not technically a dinner menu, the flatbread and other appetizers provided a meal for us. It was so enjoyable, having a couple glasses of wine, listening to live music and eating good food - all very reasonable and we walked right in. We weren't watching fireworks that night, but if we had been, we would have jumped on the monorail to the Polynesian and watched from the beach there followed by drinks or dessert at Trader Sam's. Their outdoor deck is really nice overlooking the marina. It's probably crowded at fireworks time but if you watch from the Poly beach, you can head to the outdoor deck afterwards. Some people like the antics inside the bar, but we prefer the outdoor deck.

Honestly all of the ADRs (and expensive restaurants and too much food and on and on:) is just too much for me on vacation even though I am a real planner. When it is just my husband and me, we like it pretty low key and can still enjoy it all and don't feel we have missed out by a minimum of ADRs or maybe none at all.

OK - we have been talked into seeing the MK fireworks versus EPCOT - can get Narcoossee or Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. Obviously BIG price difference - will we disappointed in GFC? How do you then watch the fireworks?

Sorry, I was at Disney, just got back!

Not sure who talked you into MK vs Epcot. Epcot is so much better, IMO. Just coming back from a 12 day trip, including all 4 theme park night time shows, I would rate Wishes at the bottom.The new River of Lights at AK is fabulous and I LOVED Fantasmic. I probably would have loved Illuminations just as much if I had not seen it 10+ times already.

You will not be disappointed in GFC! Its really has a lovely atmosphere and the food is wonderful. If you are watching the fireworks from the lagoon, you would simply walk over to their beach area located behind the pool. If you are going to MK, then you would walk upstairs from the restaurant and catch the monorail. MK is the next on the route.

Ended up st Cape May. Great meal then fireworks and mini golf at Fantasia Gardens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter