Dining Plans

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I've been gone from the boards for a while since we had no travel plans. Just realized the dining plans are canceled, any word when they plan to restart? How hard has it been to book adrs recently? Mulling over a late August trip.

Where did you hear that? I’ve seen nothing official with a 2022 date. People are speculating, but some folks also predicted masks till next year as well. So I would take rumors with a grain of salt

No one on here KNOWS anything. Thes best we can do is speculate. Given how far we are into 2021, it seems unlikely that Disney would resume dining plans before the start of the year, unless they do something wacky like negotiate 16-month agreements with 3rd party restaurants or try to run a few months with only Disney-owned restaurants participating.

That said, until all of the restaurants are re-opened and operating near full capacity, it seems reasonable to expect that they won't resume dining plans. With the success to date of the vaccines, it looks like re-opening will be significantly more rapid than projected, but it's still a long and cautious process. Plus, there will need to be some lead time between announcing its return and giving people time to actually book it.

All that said, I'm sticking with my prediction of DDP resuming as normal (with whatever changes they decide to make to the plans) on Jan 1, 2022. I think there's a low chance of it being later and a slightly higher chance of resuming in the fall of 2021, if current trends continue.

Last edited:

Saw this post on the News Round-Up thread that refers to a dining credit as part of a UK-exclusive offer for 2022 travel. No idea what that means but might be a clue about future direction. Guess that deal opens for booking on Thurs so maybe more info then.

No one on here KNOWS anything. Thes best we can do is speculate. Given how far we are into 2021, it seems unlikely that Disney would resume dining plans before the start of the year, unless they do something wacky like negotiate 16-month agreements with 3rd party restaurants or try to run a few months with only Disney-owned restaurants participating.

That said, until all of the restaurants are re-opened and operating near full capacity, it seems reasonable to expect that they won't resume dining plans. With the success to date of the vaccines, it looks like re-opening will be significantly more rapid than projected, but it's still a long and cautious process. Plus, there will need to be some lead time between announcing its return and giving people time to actually book it.

All that said, I'm sticking with my prediction of DDP resuming as normal (with whatever changes they decide to make to the plans) on Jan 1, 2022. I think there's a low chance of it being later and a slightly higher chance of resuming in the fall of 2021, if current trends continue.
I'm sure hoping it returns in Jan 22 because we have a trip planned starting on the 2nd. It would be nice to have that convenience for my family again.

There have been no announcements from Disney about dining plans returning. Any discussion on these boards (or anywhere else) is pure speculation. Most people believe DPs will eventually return (since they make Disney a ton of $$) but unlikely to happen until all restaurants have reopened and dining restrictions are relaxed.

I agree. It would be very hard to have every one on the dining plan eat at these restaurants with limited capacity. If they did decide to release it, it would be so hard to find already difficult bookings.

Dinning plans were just a convenience that led to time suck and over eating. You can do the same thing with a gift card = the meals would be prepaid and * bonus * you could eat what you wanted where you wanted with the only restriction being getting the dinner reservation.

Going to repost an update on the UK offer that I posted on the News forum 😀
Update on the UK exclusive offer I mentioned the other day:
ENJOY A MAGICAL 2022 PACKAGE FOR THE WORLD'S MOST MAGICAL CELEBRATION
Enjoy up to $950 Disney Dining Credit
Stay two weeks at selected Disney hotels to get $950 Disney Dining Credit (per room) to spend at 250+ dining locations!

14-Day Ticket for the Price of a 7-Day
Disney's 14-Day Ticket for the price of a 7-Day Ticket for arrival dates in 2022. Includes Memory Maker worth $199!

$200 Disney Spending Money

Boost your holiday budget with a FREE Disney Gift Card per booking, loaded with $200 Disney Spending Money!

PLUS! Exclusive Celebration Gift Basket
Book this package by 17th July and stay in selected Disney Resort Hotels to enjoy a FREE celebration gift basket worth £109 on arrival, including:

• Limited edition 50th Anniversary commemorative coin
  • Exclusive Disney merchandise and delicious treats
  • All presented inside a Mickey insulated cooler bag
Specifics of the Dining Credit from the Terms & Conditions. Sounds as close to a dining plan as possible without the specific meal and snack credits 😀 :
1.1.1 Disney Dining Credit value

Receive Disney Dining Credit in the amount of US$36 per room for each night of the confirmed eligible stay in one of the following participating Disney Resorts:

Tier 1 Participating Disney Resorts: Disney's Pop Century Resort (excluding Pool View Rooms and Preferred Pool View Rooms), Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, Disney's All-Star Music Resort*, and Disney's All-Star Sports Resort*.

Receive Disney Dining Credit in the amount of US$61 per room for each night of the confirmed eligible stay in one of the following participating Disney Resorts:

Tier 2 Participating Disney Resorts: Disney's Art of Animation Resort (excluding the Little Mermaid Standard Rooms), Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (excluding Standard Rooms and Water/Pool View Rooms), Disney's Coronado Springs Resort (excluding Gran Destino Tower Standard Rooms - Club Level), The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside* (excluding Standard Rooms, Standard - 5th Sleeper Rooms, River View Rooms and Royal Guest Rooms – River View) and Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter* (excluding Standard Rooms and Pool View Rooms).

Receive a Disney Dining Credit for the amount of US$68 per room for each consecutive night of the confirmed eligible stay in one of the below participating Resorts.

Tier 3 Participating Disney Resorts: Disney's Contemporary Resort (excluding Garden Wing - Deluxe Rooms, Garden Wing - King Rooms, Standard Rooms – Club Level and Standard King Rooms – Club Level), Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Boardwalk Inn, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge*, Disney's Beach Club Resort*, and Disney's Wilderness Lodge*.Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's Boardwalk Villas, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (excluding the treehouses), Copper Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge (excluding the cabins) and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Riviera Resort (excluding Tower Studios).

Eligibility for the Dining Credit requires a minimum length stay of 5 consecutive nights, and a maximum of 14 consecutive nights at the same participating Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and requires a purchase of a Disney’s 14 Day Ultimate Ticket to Walt Disney World Theme Park forming a new booking of a combined hotel and ticket package for selected arrivals from 1st January to 2nd April 2022 (inclusive), 24th April to 24th September 2022 (inclusive), 13th November to 17th November 2022 (inclusive) and 9th December to 18th December 2022 (inclusive) and will include US$200 Disney Spending Money when the package is booked by 3rd August 2021. Guest will be able to book a 50th Anniversary Package excluding the US$200 Disney Spending Money for the above mentioned arrival dates between 3rd August and 2nd November 2021.

1.1.2. Disney Dining Credit redemption and use

Disney Dining Credit will be issued via a Walt Disney World Resort Dining Promo Card. The Walt Disney World Resort - Dining Promo Card expires on 1st January 2023. The Walt Disney World Resort - Dining Promo Card is redeemable at select participating food and beverage locations within the Walt Disney World® Resort. At the Walt Disney World® Resort, the Walt Disney World Resort - Dining Promo Card can be redeemed at select food locations, select third party lessees and Disney Springs®District Operating Participant locations. Check with individual locations for program participation before redemption. It is not refundable or redeemable for cash unless required by law. This card may not be used towards the purchase of any merchandise items, services, Theme Park tickets, or Disney Gift Cards, real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort and may not be resold in any manner whatsoever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter