Dining plans (paid)

FWIW - disney fans in the UK have already been offered Free Dining for all dates except Easter in the whole of 2013 (must book by 15.11.12)...so much for phasing it out!

ky71 said:
FWIW - disney fans in the UK have already been offered Free Dining for all dates except Easter in the whole of 2013 (must book by 15.11.12)...so much for phasing it out!

Wow! How come UK residents get such special treatment and how do those of us Down-under get in on this deal too?

Does anyone know if we are able to book our holidays via the UK website?
I've quickly scanned the T&C's and can't see anything that specifically says you must live in the UK.

They have a pretty good special on at present: Free Dining, $100 credit and a cheaper 14 day pass. The free dining isn't quite as good as what is usually offered on the American site (i.e. No free dining for Values and Quick Service for moderates), but overall it seems like a really good deal. I'm tempted.

Does anyone know if we are able to book our holidays via the UK website?
I've quickly scanned the T&C's and can't see anything that specifically says you must live in the UK.

They have a pretty good special on at present: Free Dining, $100 credit and a cheaper 14 day pass. The free dining isn't quite as good as what is usually offered on the American site (i.e. No free dining for Values and Quick Service for moderates), but overall it seems like a really good deal. I'm tempted.

I am sure I have read somewhere on here that someone booked trough a UK travel agent. Maybe if you start a thread someone can help - or pop over to the UK boards and see if anyone can recommend one :).

zaccy said:
I am sure I have read somewhere on here that someone booked trough a UK travel agent. Maybe if you start a thread someone can help - or pop over to the UK boards and see if anyone can recommend one :).

Thanks Zaccy. I'm actually keen to book directly with Disney UK so I can keep some control of my booking. I've emailed them to see if there are any restrictions surrounding international bookings. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

Edited to say: Disney UK got back to me and apparently you need to be a resident of UK, Ireland or the EU. Darn, I was getting all excited about the prospect of booking today.

Franrose said:
Agreed - not like we don't fork out enough to be able to get to there in the first place!

Hear, hear. Given that we have such a trek to get there, I wish they would entice us with some extra special deals. Unfortunately though I think it comes down to the fact that, unlike the UK, there is not enough competition between providers and holiday destinations down this side of the world. :-(

Last time we went I decided to DDP. We then received free dining so we upgraded to the Deluxe Plan. It worked out great as we love our food and went to a number of restaurants that required 2 credits. Even so we didn't use all our credits.

This time I have decided to use DDP instead we are going to get a Premier Passport which will get us into DL and WDW, combine it with TIW. This will get us 20% discount at most restaurants in DL and WDW, discounts on merchandise and if next year is the same as this year a 35% discount on our room. Doing the numbers we should save a fair bit.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Can I ask what TIW stands for? We are going in Jan 2014 and I'm trying to weigh up the discounts especially for rooms and the dining options. Thanks :)

LisaAJ said:
Can I ask what TIW stands for? We are going in Jan 2014 and I'm trying to weigh up the discounts especially for rooms and the dining options. Thanks :)

TIW is Tables In Wonderland. It's a discount card for Annual Passholders and Florida residents. I think it gives 20% off(?) food AND drinks at most WDW restaurants. It costs about $75 upfront.

Thanks heaps, that's really helpful! It doesn't look like it will be worthwhile for us but good to know all the options!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter